• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My new Resale is now in RCI points,What???

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I have posted in Vistana, I just purchased Resale at SVR(No StarOptions) , it floats 1-52.
And today I call Vistana to book a week and I'm told i can't use it
The pervious Owner's put it in RCI points :cautious: ,But didn't tell the broker before the Sale..
I have no idea how many points I would get(stuck until renew time).
I Own: SVR ,Cascades, 1bd premium, floats 1-52 .
Plus I have no idea how to use these points or how much it will cost me to use the.
I am assuming not a lot.
Can someone explain this to me.
Thanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I don't believe there is a way to put any SVN bookings/options in RCI so somebody might be mis-informed.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not in SVN . Resale at voluntary Resort. Weeks only.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
As I have posted in Vistana, I just purchased Resale at SVR(No StarOptions) , it floats 1-52.
The pervious Owner's put it in RCI points :cautious: ,But didn't tell the broker before the Sale..
Plus I have no idea how to use these points or how much it will cost me to use the.
I am assuming not a lot.
Thanks
This happened to me. Good news: you can get it out of RCI and into II. Bad news: it may take a while.

After I closed on my unit, it showed up in Vistana with RCI as the exchange company (and was "converted" to points in RCI). This was not disclosed prior to the sale...ugh. Long story short: the previous owner needs to call RCI and cancel the contract that put the week in RCI as points. Yes, it has to be the previous owner since that's who signed the contract. I was in limbo for months since the previous owner was very slow to cancel the contract. Unfortunately Vistana has an agreement with RCI and won't release the RCI hold as exchange company until that happens. When the contract with RCI was finally canceled by the previous owner, I was able to put II as my exchange company. I called very frequently, and I'm sure both RCI and Vistana were happy when it was canceled.

ETA: I now realize you didn't ask about using II as the exchange company. If you plan on occupying, I presume you can schedule your week immediately after the previous owner cancels the RCI contract.

I don't believe there is a way to put any SVN bookings/options in RCI so somebody might be mis-informed.
It's not SVN options; when you put SVR in RCI, you have the option (requirement?) to make it RCI points.

Last edited:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
The closing company is sending the previous owner a PMA to sign and the i have to sign it , the closing company sends it to RCI.
I have asked that they previous owners call and cancel/return the week out of RCI.
Due to COVID19 they may be able to do that.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I am assuming not a lot.
Thanks
How many RCI POINTS? You may be able to have it in both interval and RCI. Which year were you trying to use? Did they keep the points? You should still be able to use the home staroptions at your home resort. Regardless

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many RCI POINTS? You may be able to have it in both interval and RCI. Which year were you trying to use? Did they keep the points? You should still be able to use the home staroptions at your home resort. Regardless

An RCI points unit can't be deposited into II. RCI automatically gets the week. You can book your home week, but you have to do it through rci 13 months in advance.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
An RCI points unit can't be deposited into II. RCI automatically gets the week. You can book your home week, but you have to do it through rci 13 months in advance.
Well there ya go. So they would have to let the points membership expire and revert to a weeks ownership then put it into II? How would one set that up with vistana to get it into their dashboard?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Well there ya go. So they would have to let the points membership expire and revert to a weeks ownership then put it into II? How would one set that up with vistana to get it into their dashboard?
It'll show in the dash as RCI initially. Once the contract with RCI is canceled, the new owner can call Vistana and switch to II.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not IN StarOptions(SVN).
Bought Resale at a Voluntary Resort - Sheraton Vistana Resort(SVR)

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I had both my Vistana units in RCI Points (signed up several years ago). I decided to pull the floating one out. Even though I owned deeded week 52, since it floated, the points value was calculated based on the float and lower than my fixed Spring week. I just had to fill out a form to make the change.

I haven't deposited it with II for years, but might decide to go that route this year. I planned to use it in November, but it depends on whether I feel safe going to Disney World by then. I reserved the Veterans Day week, but I know that Vistana might deposit a different week.

Sheila

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had both my Vistana units in RCI Points (signed up several years ago). I decided to pull the floating one out. Even though I owned deeded week 52, since it floated, the points value was calculated based on the float and lower than my fixed Spring week. I just had to fill out a form to make the change.

I haven't deposited it with II for years, but might decide to go that route this year. I planned to use it in November, but it depends on whether I feel safe going to Disney World by then. I reserved the Veterans Day week, but I know that Vistana might deposit a different week.

Sheila
How many RCI points were you getting for each unit?

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
How many RCI points were you getting for each unit?

If I remember correctly, it was 59,600 for the floating Fountains and 67,000 for the fixed Spring Spas week. I moved the Fountains back to RCI Weeks.

It's also registered with II. If COVID prevents us using the reserved week this year, I might give II a try. I've been using my II only week the last couple of years, so I don't have much deposited with them right now.

Sheila

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it was 59,600 for the floating Fountains and 67,000 for the fixed Spring Spas week. I moved the Fountains back to RCI Weeks.

It's also registered with II. If COVID prevents us using the reserved week this year, I might give II a try. I've been using my II only week the last couple of years, so I don't have much deposited with them right now.

Sheila
Thanks. Are the units 1 or 2 BR?

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I finally received the paperwork to sign and send back to the Closing company and for them to forward it to RCI.
Here's the thing:
In the paperwork it states that I WANT to be in RCI (I don't) and that I would pay the $98 fee so the transfer goes into my name and then I own the RCI points account.
Humm, No. Don't want points or to be in RCI.
So because the previous Owners didn't tell the closing company that they banked those points. It will just sit there until the first of the year. They do not want to use thrm.
My question to you guys is "Will it be removed from RCI if the previous Owners do not renew??.
Let me know.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like a lot of points for a floating 1 br. Not sure it's accurate.

Sheila

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of points for a floating 1 br. Not sure it's accurate.

Sheila
I can only tell you what it state on the RCI Transfer membership paperwork.
I called the closing company and they are paying the RCI TRANSFER FEE OF $120 some dollars( not the $98 fee i thought).
So if and when I can log into the account I will be able to verify the amount of points.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can only tell you what it state on the RCI Transfer membership paperwork.
I called the closing company and they are paying the RCI TRANSFER FEE OF $120 some dollars( not the $98 fee i thought).
So if and when I can log into the account I will be able to verify the amount of points.

Wonder if that includes some leftover points. If it's accurate that section earns a lot more points than the Fountains and Spas sections.

Sheila

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheila, I was thinking its an odd number of points. I'll just have to wait for RCI to recognize me as the owner and find out what's what.
QUESTION:
If the closing company is paying the fee to transfer, will I only have the membership until January 1st???.
Or does RCI start your membership on the day you enroll??

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheila, I was thinking its an odd number of points. I'll just have to wait for RCI to recognize me as the owner and find out what's what.
QUESTION:
If the closing company is paying the fee to transfer, will I only have the membership until January 1st???.
Or does RCI start your membership on the day you enroll??

Normally your membership year would be the same as your use year based on joining/conversion date. Not sure how it would work in this situation.

Sheila

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If it's a transferred RCI points account, it would probably have the same anniversary month as it had in the prior owner's possession. That would have been based on when they had established the account originally.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a headache :mad:
Soooo, I called the closing company EC to find out WHY it's taking so long to wrap this up.
They (EC)told me on August 12th, they sent the paperwork to RCI.
I called today to find out why it's taking to long to wrap this up.
According to the EC their waiting for their CFO to send a check and then they'll send the paperwork (plus the check) to RCI points to transfer. :cautious:
So I asked(stress) to the EC CALL the former owners and ask them to cancel the account today.
EC called the previous owners and yes they will cancel the account today.
I asked for Proof that it was actually canceled - EC stated they will call the previous owners again and ask for proof of cancelation. Because she didn't think as
Wow, I:unsure: asked them(EC) to do this before and got the run around.
Sorry for the rant, but good God. I did they're job and I didn't get paid:ROFLMAO:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh. And I found out that the Previous owners did get 75,400 rci points every year.