• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Guitar Gently Weeps

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably my favorite George Harrison song. I loved it by him, by the group at his Rock Hall of Fame induction. I was introduced to this version the other day and it is great. If you don't like George the Beatles, electric guitars, you won't like it though. For the rest of us it's wonderful.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't Eric Clapton play the lead on the finished track, uncredited.....September 6, 1968 at Abbey Road Studios. My favourite (Canadian spelling) Harrison tune as well, no matter who played lead!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Didn't Eric Clapton play the lead on the finished track, uncredited.....September 6, 1968 at Abbey Road Studios. My favourite (Canadian spelling) Harrison tune as well, no matter who played lead!

Eric Clapton did play on the track. He was nervous about doing so, because even though George had invited him, "nobody" played with The Beatles. But he did agree, and did a great job. (I read than John Lennon didn't make it to the studio during those sessions, so technically, Clapton didn't play with the entire band. But he is on the album.) And as we all know, Eric liked what George had going on, enough that he later took up with George's wife Patti. Oops.

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I agree that it is a great song.

Watch Prince absolutely shred it at the RNR HOF with Tom Petty and others including George's son, Dhani.

Peter Frampton used to play it almost every show too.

One of the all time great performances of any song, by anyone, anywhere! I always liked Prince but this performance brought it to a whole different level of respect. It was like Jimi Hendrix had come back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the all time great performances of any song, by anyone, anywhere! I always liked Prince but this performance brought it to a whole different level of respect. It was like Jimi Hendrix had come back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes one of the best performances of all time! And what a supporting cast...But Prince took it to a whole new level with his guitar.

When I was younger I did not like Prince. It was because I didn't give him a chance.

I saw him at San Jose State University Event Center in 2000 for the first time and was impressed. Very impressed. I saw him three more times but wish I saw him many more. The man had talent. Right up there with the very very best. Think Frank Sinatra but playing guitar, singing, and dancing(and yes I saw Frank twice).

The last time we saw him we very close(his drummer's children were seated directly in front of us) and it was incredible how he could get 18,000 people that energized. One of my top five ever concerts.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eric Clapton did play on the track. He was nervous about doing so, because even though George had invited him, "nobody" played with The Beatles. But he did agree, and did a great job. (I read than John Lennon didn't make it to the studio during those sessions, so technically, Clapton didn't play with the entire band. But he is on the album.) And as we all know, Eric liked what George had going on, enough that he later took up with George's wife Patti. Oops.

Dave

And she was the inspiration for the Clapton song Layla. . .

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
That is a great cover

here’s a solo version on a ukulele that’s done pretty well also

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I've seen Jake Shimabbukuro live. He's amazing. When that video came out, I remember email strings everywhere showing it (before social media).

He deserves credit for people learning about you tube.