• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My First Points Reservation - What's a "Super 1 bedroom" at Lakeshore Reserve?

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all - We own at both Canyon Villas and Lakeshore Reserve and for 2012 reserved our week at CV in April and exchanged our Lakeshore for vacation club points since we were unsure of our plans - we have 3 bedrooms there and didnt know what we would be using. So after the excitement of the online reservation system wore off I started searching around and we landed on booking a 1 bedroom at Lakeshore in October and will likely bank the remianing points into next year.

When I went to do the reservation I had a choice of "super" or "flat" for the views. The points chart uses the terms standard and deluxe. There are a number of floor plans at lakeshore. Since we 've used our 3 bedroom there last year we were familiar with the resort and I tried calling owner services to get a description. They suggested I call the resort directly, which I did and I was then transferred back to Owner services.

I ended up booking super - it took more points so I figured it was bigger than flat - but does anyone know which 1 bedroom floor plan we have actually booked? Is it the bigger side of the usual 2 bed lock off or is the larger 1 bed of the 2 master bed lockoff floor plan?

Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was told the deluxe is the 1BR side of a full 2BR lock off, where the standard is the full kitchen 1BR side of the 2BR that locks off in to two 1BR units. The partial kitchen 1BR side is a deluxe studio by Marriott's definition.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a bigger 1 bedroom side of "Deluxe 2 bedroom lock-off" which consists of two one bedrooms (two master bedrooms).
Super 1BR has washer/dryer in unit.
Flat 1BR has no washer or dryer.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It is a bigger 1 bedroom side of "Deluxe 2 bedroom lock-off" which consists of two one bedrooms (two master bedrooms).
Super 1BR has washer/dryer in unit.
Flat 1BR has no washer or dryer.

This is not what I was told, see my prior post. The smaller 1BR without the washer/drier is considered a deluxe studio.

Of course I could have been given bad information.

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since my post I did some "googling" and found on the "public" marriott vacation club site (www.marriottvacationclub.com) that the 2 bedroom lockoff with the 2 masters is described as "deluxe" . When I go into my reservationand look at room details it tells me I have a washer dryer and that the unit is approx 788 sq feet. So I believe I have the larger of the 2 master suites. Its definitley not a studio becsue that was a separate suite type.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Since my post I did some "googling" and found on the "public" Marriott vacation club site (www.marriottvacationclub.com) that the 2 bedroom lockoff with the 2 masters is described as "deluxe" . When I go into my reservation and look at room details it tells me I have a washer dryer and that the unit is approx 788 sq feet. So I believe I have the larger of the 2 master suites. Its definitely not a studio because that was a separate suite type.

There are three distinct types of 1BR units at Lakeshore Reserve. Smallest to largest.

1. 1BR limited kitchen side of the 2BR unit that locks off in to two 1BR units. (587 sq feet) - Marriott.com calls this a "Larger Guest Room"
  2. 1BR full kitchen side of the 2BR unit that locks off in to two 1BR units. (788 sq feet)
  3. 1BR side of a traditional 2BR lock off that locks off in to a full 1BR and a studio unit. (828 sq feet)
Was there also a third type of 1BR that you could have booked with points that cost even more points that you used?

Last edited:

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi dioxide45 - no 3rd choice. The choices on the drop down for size of unit are studio , 1 bed, 2 bed, 2 bed deluxe and 3 bed. Then when I choose 1 bed the view types available on the drop down menu are super and flat. The room details actually come from the reservation confirmation email I received. Had to click on the Room Details link to get the info re; approx size of the unit.

Last edited:

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update. I did a web chat yesterday with Marriott and they checked the reservation and confirmed it was the larger side of the 2 master bedroom lock off floor plan. I'm happy with that - we'll have a full kitchen and laundry (which we rarely use) and its only my husband and me. We own at this resort and stayed in April 2011 - it's gorgeous!! I've requested Messina building facing the pool which is what we had last time and it was amazing.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Update. I did a web chat yesterday with Marriott and they checked the reservation and confirmed it was the larger side of the 2 master bedroom lock off floor plan. I'm happy with that - we'll have a full kitchen and laundry (which we rarely use) and its only my husband and me. We own at this resort and stayed in April 2011 - it's gorgeous!! I've requested Messina building facing the pool which is what we had last time and it was amazing.

Given this information, if you paid a points premium for the larger side of the 2BR master bedroom lock off floor plan, what is the difference between a deluxe and standard studio?

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the standard studio is the usual guest room side of the 2 bed lockoff. Maybe the deluxe studio would be the smaller side of the 2 master bed lockoff? It doesn't have a full kitchen and it doesn't have laundry. But I'm only guessing. It certainly would be useful to have this info somewhere on the Marriott site.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm guessing the standard studio is the usual guest room side of the 2 bed lockoff. Maybe the deluxe studio would be the smaller side of the 2 master bed lockoff? It doesn't have a full kitchen and it doesn't have laundry. But I'm only guessing. It certainly would be useful to have this info somewhere on the Marriott site.

But you have the larger side of the two master suite 2BR unit. The other side is the smaller side. You paid a points premium for yours, that would mean the smaller side without the washer/dryer is a 1BR that doesn't have the points premium.

Here are all the unit types that I am aware of for Lakeshore Reserve from the marriottvacationclub.com website:

Typical 2-Bedroom Villa (Approximately 1,230 square feet)
Typical 2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa (Approximately 1,313 square feet)
  • 1BR side of a typical 2BR lock off that locks off in to a full 1BR and a studio unit. (828 sq feet)
Typical 2-Bedroom Lock-Off with 2 Master Suites (Approximately 1,400 square feet)
  • 1BR limited kitchen side of the 2BR unit that locks off in to two 1BR units. (587 sq feet) - Marriott.com calls this a "Larger Guest Room"
  • 1BR full kitchen side of the 2BR unit that locks off in to two 1BR units. (788 sq feet)
Typical 3-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa (Approximately 1,676 square feet)
Typical 2-Bedroom Multilevel Townhome (Approximately 1,366 square feet)
Typical 3-Bedroom Multilevel Townhome (Approximately 1,839 square feet)

The reason I am looking in to this is that we are looking at a stay there in May.

Last edited:

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
Lakeshore villa floor plans

Not sure if this would be helpful, but the floor plans are all posted on MVCI. Lakeshore floor plans are posted under villa amenities at very bottom of page.

We own there and are still learning all the different options available!

Dioxide, we would recommend you request a unit facing the pool - these are the quietest units other than the townhouses. The pool "noise" is nothing compared to the highway noise you hear from other units in the complex and at least the pool noise is pleasurable compared to the constant highway rumble (which never seems to slow down even after midnight).

Sue

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sue - I've looked through all the floorplans but they dont tell you the square footage of the units and the lockoffs. I agree, units facing the pool especially if you're up high are pretty quiet.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
If you go through marriott.com for a cash stay at Lakeshore Reserve and look at the "Room Details" links, these are from least to most expensive (both 1BR Villas are the same price):

Guest Room (Studio Villa) - 1 King, Sofabed, Kitchenette, 1 Bath, 357 sf
Larger Guest Room (Deluxe Studio Villa) - 1 King, Sofabed, Balcony, Kitchenette, 1 Bath, 587 sf
1BR Villa (1 Bedroom Master) - 1 King, Sofabed, Kitchenette, 1 Bath, 788 sf
1BR Villa, 1 King, Sofabed, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 828 sf
2BR Villa, 1 King, 2 Queens, Sofabed, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 2 Baths, 1186 sf
2BR Townhouse, 1 King, 2 Queens, Sofabed, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 2.5 Baths, 1252 sf
3BR Townhouse, 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Queens, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 3 Baths, 1655 sf

Don't know how this all fits in with what the Vacation Club sites say, looks like they include the balcony sf in the totals while marriott.com doesn't?

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint on where to look for info I had seen somewhere that the smaller 1 bed of the 2 bed master doesn't have the full kitchen just a cooktop and a smaller fridge.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you go through marriott.com for a cash stay at Lakeshore Reserve and look at the "Room Details" links, these are from least to most expensive (both 1BR Villas are the same price):

Guest Room (Studio Villa) - 1 King, Sofabed, Kitchenette, 1 Bath, 357 sf
Larger Guest Room (Deluxe Studio Villa) - 1 King, Sofabed, Balcony, Kitchenette, 1 Bath, 587 sf
1BR Villa (1 Bedroom Master) - 1 King, Sofabed, Kitchenette, 1 Bath, 788 sf
1BR Villa, 1 King, Sofabed, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 828 sf
2BR Villa, 1 King, 2 Queens, Sofabed, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 2 Baths, 1186 sf
2BR Townhouse, 1 King, 2 Queens, Sofabed, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 2.5 Baths, 1252 sf
3BR Townhouse, 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Queens, Balcony, Full Kitchen, 3 Baths, 1655 sf

Don't know how this all fits in with what the Vacation Club sites say, looks like they include the balcony sf in the totals while marriott.com doesn't?

The confusing part is that Bogeygirl paid a points premium to book the 1BR unit. This would make me thing that they booked the 828sf unit. However, according to her confirmation they have a 788 sf 1BR unit.

The DC Points chart has two types of studios a standard and a deluxe, and two types of 1BR units, a standard and a deluxe. The DC booking system doesn't seem to sync with the DC points chart as Bogeygirl indicated there were two types, a flat and a super.

I wonder if there wasn't really three types but either there wasn't any of the third type available or the OP didn't have enough points to book it?

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - you would think that for the points premium you would get the biggest 1 bedrm there is. But even when you look at the points charts there are only 2 options.