• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My carryon

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
3 slacks
2 capris
4 long sleeve shirts
2 mid sleeve shirts
3 short sleeve shirts
gold dressy sandals
black flats with gloves and bandanas inside
8 panties
3 bras
rain jacket with hat and headband
toiletries
bathrobe
slippers
fleece pullover
skein of yarn
3 piece hiking pole
My sister! I love lightweight travel. It's just easier all around. Where did you find a 3 piece hiking pole that can be carried on? That is the only reason that we ever check bags.

I find that exercise/hiking clothes that look nice are the best for lightweight packing. They take up no room. I also have an amazing backpack that holds a ton of stuff that travels as my "personal" item. Between the two pieces I can pack for a week (including hiking boots) and I even bring my full size pillow (memory foam rolled up inside of a compression bag. I almost had an issue in Dublin with my backpack because the security person kept telling me that it was too heavy. Luckily we were in the part of the airport where you clear immigration in Ireland (instead of the US) *and* we were flying on Delta so I knew that there was no weight restriction for my personal item. It was a bit of a battle though. I have always wondered what would have happened if we were flying Aer Lingus?

Enjoy your trip!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Magellan and Travelsmith used to sell these. I am sure Amazon does too.
Are there any particular brands or types you would recommend? On Amazon I see strips, powders and liquids and am wondering if any work better than the others in terms of washing in the sink. We are scheduled for a 10-day trip, moving from one location to another every night, so won't have access to in-room laundry and will need to wash in the sink!

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any particular brands or types you would recommend? On Amazon I see strips, powders and liquids and am wondering if any work better than the others in terms of washing in the sink. We are scheduled for a 10-day trip, moving from one location to another every night, so won't have access to in-room laundry and will need to wash in the sink!
I have used the small Woolite packets.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly I have often just used the shampoo that is on the ship or in the hotel. A trick I learned from Rick Steves. If it can clean my yukky hair it can clean my shirts or dainties.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s a personal choice but I would dump the slippers and robe. Could you borrow a spare from your sister when you get there. I would however, include a pair of flip flops. They are versatile. Also, your bag looks pretty full. Do you plan on bringing any souvenirs back? I just love figuring out how to travel light. We (husband and 2 kids) did a 5 week trip to Europe and a 3 week trip to Japan with only a carryon and backpack each (and a soft sided food bag). The kids were in elementary school so they actually shared the backpack and carryon.

Half way through the Europe trip I tossed the the kid’s jeans. The rest of the trip was shorts weather and they were going to outgrow them.

Last edited:

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Here is DHs carryon list:
4 slacks
3 shorts
7 short sleeve
4 long sleeve
tripod
shoes
slippers
hiking stick
4 briefs
4 pair socks
lots of pills (600 vitamins, meds, etc.)
foldable Stetson hat
quart bag of toiletries

i will take a photo as we pack tonight for disembarking our Alaska cruise.
Our 3 section hiking poles are Black Diamond. Rubber grips.Top section has to wedge diagonally near top of carryon. We surely needed them in Skagway hiking the Lower Dewey Lake trail, a misnomer since it was a 500 ft gain in elevation!