• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVCI California properties

TravelAmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this factual information or just your belief?

NCV and the Desert timeshares are not really near major hospitals I highly doubt the validity of your statement.

I only share my wildest dreams so they will come true!

It is NOT just "major" hospitals that are overrun with patients in southern California - however it is that YOU define "major".
Eisenhower Medical Center is less than 2 miles from Marriott Shadow Ridge, the Villages and Enclaves. Desert Springs II is less than a mile of Desert Regional Medical Center. Anyone staying there can literally walk there before the medical center van arrives to pick you up from the clubhouse.

While the NCV property is much further away than other hotels in the area, the cost of "housing" staff and providing meals is reduced when they stay in properties with kitchen facilities. Placing groups of them in a single large location with such facilities is more cost effective even when adding cost of transportation between that facility and the hospital or health-related entity (like an ambulance company, morgue or funeral staff, etc).

Because enforcement is difficult there are those who choose to help by complying and others who choose not to do so. All the hotels and resort staff can do is let people know what how things are supposed to be as a result of agreements or contracts or local, including temporary, orders and ordinances. What people choose to do after learning that information, is just that. Their choice.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
@SmithOp Did you see post #9 above?

I called and was told the same thing, essential travel only, but she added I would have to sign something to that effect, thats all. I think its essential that I have a staycation. :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
cp73 said:
For those 65 and over in Orange Co. effective today (or yesterday) we can now get the covid vaccine. You have to contact your DR for a RX and instructions where to go.

Thanks for this info. I live in San Diego County and suspect that we will be treated the same. It is surprising that the news hasn't been spread more widely (at least "yet"). Thank you for posting.

An update:
I called two of my physicians today and they both said that they don't even have all of their office staff vaccinated yet and they don't have a clue of when the 65 plus group will be able to get the vaccine, they have zero information, and they don't know where a person could go in that group (1B-tier 2).

The SD county daily report said that they would finish group 1A-tier 1 (there are 2 other tiers in group 1A) Jan 26. Also the county health officer said that they are hoping the group 1B - tier 1 and 2 could register on-line at that date to be notified when the vaccine becomes available for them.

The county keeps saying that they are supply limited. But 241K doses have been delivered to SD county and only 79K people got the first shot and 13K got both shots. So, in reality they are delivery-limited. At the current rate all of SD county will be vaccinated in perhaps in 3 or 4 years. I'm hoping that they realize that they need to speed things up.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Disneyland will be used as a site to administer the vaccine. DM 79 yo is waiting to hear from Kaiser she feels they will be more organized.

Kaiser Irvine and I imagine other Kaiser facilities are still vaccinating their staff. ( I only have the inside scoop on KP Irvine, though )

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Are you still allowed a third eplus exchange? Is it restricted in any way?

Sounds like a good resolution.
It is not restricted and I can search with the ONE remaining E-PLUS all the way out to FEB-2022.

Since I had 2 remaining E-PLUS I was also informed [CSR put a note on my Exchange] that I was owed 1 more E-PLUS credit that I could use by calling up and performing an exchange over the phone.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Disneyland will be used as a site to administer the vaccine. DM 79 yo is waiting to hear from Kaiser she feels they will be more organized.

Kaiser Irvine and I imagine other Kaiser facilities are still vaccinating their staff. ( I only have the inside scoop on KP Irvine, though )
It seems like both the entire US and California is GEARING UP to rapidly distribute the vaccine. That is good. But the roll out SO FAR is way behind schedule. Of the vaccine doses available, only roughly 1/3 have been distributed. In San Diego county, Calif, IIRC, about 240K doses have been delivered and about 75K people got the first dose and 15K got both doses. It is similar for all of Ca. and the nation. So Ca. roll out is similar to the nation as an average. As Newsome said, that is unacceptable.

The current talking heads are talking a good talk about how much faster the vaccine is going to be - - at some time in the supposedly near future - - distributed (soon).

I heard on a daily SD press conference that by Jan 26 that those people in tier 1B will be able to submit an application that will result in them being contacted when they are eligible to get the vaccine. But even so, they will be taking people who are at higher risk first. I'm hoping that this is not just more talk. But, to innoculate all of the Phase 1A tier 1 (doctors and health care workers), they'll need about 1 million doses to protect the 500-600K people in that tier. They only have 1/4 of that amount of doses. So, I'm not overly optimistic.

I saw a bit of humor in a Tug Humor post: If we trained Amazon delivery drivers to inject vaccine, all available vaccines would be in people's arms by this Saturday. And sooner if you are an Amazon Prime member.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

A friend went to the DL site yesterday, he said you have to park, get out of the car, then line up at the tents. Not optimal, imo. He’s 80, signed up through Othena also. I get mine tomorrow at the HB Fire Station.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Texas (and I believe Florida) started 1B vaccines at the end of December. My 1st Moderna shot Jan. 2nd with the next Jan. 28th. More focused on getting the population vaccinated than the administrative burden California is going through to determine who should and should not get the vaccine which delays the whole process. Good luck in CA.....

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kaiser Northern California opened up appointments to their members who are 65 and over this morning. They were right on top of it.

As of 1/14/2021 we have limited vaccine appointments for:

• Healthcare workers
  • Long-term care patients and staff
  • People 65 and older
If you’re a part of one of these groups, call us at 866-454-8855 to request a vaccine. Our call center staff will ask questions to confirm your eligibility and schedule your vaccine appointment.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
You are in CA right?

I just used an AC for Newport Coast, check in Friday for a staycation. Lots of weeks available now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I will check it out.

Foggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kaiser Northern California opened up appointments to their members who are 65 and over this morning. They were right on top of it.

As of 1/14/2021 we have limited vaccine appointments for:

• Healthcare workers
  • Long-term care patients and staff
  • People 65 and older
If you’re a part of one of these groups, call us at 866-454-8855 to request a vaccine. Our call center staff will ask questions to confirm your eligibility and schedule your vaccine appointment.
Maybe some day Washington State will figure out what they're doing!!!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Much ado about nothing... checked in to NCV with no issues, she flashed a paper and mumbled pandemic, I signed it. We got top floor bldg 4400, nice view.

The parking near check in had Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho plates but mostly CA.

Nice day here 85F, a heat wave in Jan.

I got the Moderna shot this morning, no problems yet, no fever, no sore arm.

Its wine o’clock!

f095b0986843ba0e1d1394536069fe57.jpg

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked into the Marriott Palm Desert timeshares?
What did you have to sign?
Thank you in advance....we meet up with our relatives every year in February, and would really like to know what is going good on.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Much ado about nothing... checked in to NCV with no issues, she flashed a paper and mumbled pandemic, I signed it. We got top floor bldg 4400, nice view.

The parking near check in had Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho plates but mostly CA.

Nice day here 85F, a heat wave in Jan.

I got the Moderna shot this morning, no problems yet, no fever, no sore arm.

Its wine o’clock!

f095b0986843ba0e1d1394536069fe57.jpg

Orange County at its finest. :banana: