• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC promotional packages

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
We are staying at a joint Marriott Hotel/MVC property this week and are departing tomorrow. I declined the offer to sit through a sales presentation after we arrived.

Now they are offering a “just before you leave” offer for a 3 night/4 day package that’s valid at a long list of MVC properties, for $199 to $299. The package includes 15,000 Bonvoy points. The list of locations includes the MVC Pulse in Washington DC, and I’m considering buying the package as the price is reasonable for that location and we e been talking about taking a trip there for a few days so this would fit the bill.

My question is whether I’m actually likely to find availability at that location, maybe in the spring or autumn next year. I’ve tried to exchange info some of the Pulse properties through Interval in the past (my ownerships are on the Vistana side) and never had any luck. I realize these sales packages book from completely different inventory so I’m just wondering whether this would be a good deal or whether I’d be throwing money away.

Of course, when you use the package, you have to endure another sales session, so I don’t really want to buy it if I’m unlikely to get into someplace we want to go.

One thing I can say for sure is that the package and tour incentives on the Marriott side are much less generous than on the Vistana side.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
I signed on to this same Washington, DC pulse deal about a week ago. Of course, you can also use the deal for certain other properties. The $199 is for a studio during the off season. It goes to $299 for the better season. There was nothing available for this spring. It seemed a hassle, small studio room, etc. So, I'm being refunded the $199. My intention was to use these three nights along with a points reservation for a few more nights but it doesn't seem possible to put to together due to availability next spring and I wanted a better room.

This might be ok but I think we'll look for a getaway instead thru Interval, pay a little more, link with a couple days for points, and try to avoid the presentation. I would actually endure the presentation if it would give me any useful information - but this has never happened for us.

Incidentally, I have been offered some pretty inexpensive Encore deals at OceanWatch, which might be better than this - the room would certainly be better.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
These deals are great. We’ve done a few, and when compared to rack rates or other “deals”, they’re far less expensive.
Some of the properties listed are awesome, and they certainly have the ability to hold nights of inventory just for these purposes,
so yes they most likely have availability. Interval’s availability is another story entirely.
It’s (supposedly) a totally different bucket of inventory than Marriott’s, so don’t confuse the two.

Another presentation? No big deal AT ALL for what you’re getting, imho. I’m amazed at some people’s reluctance to sacrifice 90 minutes for 3 nights @ $100/night.
We have a 4-night Encore Package to book for 2023 and there’s a long list of properties to consider, but we will choose Custom House, which is on the list.
Different from the 3-night promotion package, I know, but not really. They all shake out as a deeply discounted trip AND includes significant incentives thrown in.
I say go for it.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of these deals can be great. Just be prepared to say "no" during a presentation and consider buying resale should they have anything you are actually interested in.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Thanks for the thoughts. I bought the package, I’m sure we can use it in the next two years and it’s a great deal. I’ve said no at plenty of Vistana presentations (and yes a couple times too) so I’m not worried about that.

I’ve actually never been to a non-Vistana MVC presentation so it will be interesting to hear it from the other side of the company.

The “deal” is flexible enough that I decided it was a no brainer.

Thanks again!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Thanks for the thoughts. I bought the package, I’m sure we can use it in the next two years and it’s a great deal. I’ve said no at plenty of Vistana presentations (and yes a couple times too) so I’m not worried about that.

I’ve actually never been to a non-Vistana MVC presentation so it will be interesting to hear it from the other side of the company.

The “deal” is flexible enough that I decided it was a no brainer.

Thanks again!

For years I ignored the "other" deal offers given following a presentation------the Encores------wouldn't even listen or look at the incentives that accompanied them.
Then one day at a presentation the rep mentioned a phrase that caught my attention....can't even remember what it was, but it caused
me to stop and pay attention ........."Can you please repeat that, sir?" ........and I found the whole deal to be not only outstanding, but included an option to visit a destination
we had been wanting to check out, and at a fantastic discount.
Now I pay attention, and in doing so we've had a few extra short trips that have been awesome.
I even listen to the spiel when a rep calls offering those 3-night and 4-night promotion packages.......some aren't so attractive but some are great.
So never say never.

Hope you have a great experience, and many more after that.
Often the spontaneous, unexpected, and previously unplanned trips turn out to be the most fun.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
delete------duplicate post
(we're babysitting grandchildren, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, and I find myself doing stupid things like this .....)

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took advantage of a sweet 3 or 4 night stay (# of nights was dependent on check in day of the week) for about $100 total to stay at the Pulse San Diego during a family visit this past summer. Couldn't beat that price!