• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Musician Christopher Cross had COVID-19

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
From USA Today...
Christopher Cross calls COVID-19 experience the 'darkest of times,' urges mask wearing

Christopher Cross ["Sailing," "Arthur's Theme"] is opening up about his experience with COVID-19. "I couldn't walk, could barely move," he said, explaining he was also diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, causing his body to attack his nerves, which his doctors believe was caused by the virus. "And so, it was certainly the darkest of times for me, you know? It really was touch-and-go, and tough."

While battling his illness in intensive care for 10 days, he said he turned to God. “There was some, you know, come-to-Jesus moments or whatever, where I was looking for any help I could get to through this, to get out of this thing," he said. "Because I wasn’t sure." He continued, "I could tell you that I had a few conversations, you know, when I was in there – with whoever He or She is, and just saying, you know, 'If you could just get me out of here, I will be a better person.'"

He also urged others to take the virus seriously. "I'm not a big celebrity, but it's important for people to know you can get this disease," he said. "And so, I felt it was sort of my obligation to share with people: 'Look, this is a big deal. Like, you've got to wear your mask. You've got to take care of each other. Because, you know, this could happen to you.' "

He also said, while the paralysis he experienced was temporary, he's still suffering impacts as he recovers. "So yeah, my walking is affected," he explained. "My speech at times can be affected. Memory is a big deal, too. Just neurologically, I'm kind of a little foggy, you know? Now I'm on medication … a nerve pain medication, which also can cause some fogginess. But until I can get off it at some point, I won't know how clear I would be.

-- Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...-cross-recalls-covid-19-paralysis/3676399001/

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I saw him on CBS Sunday Morning today. I’m happy that he is recovering.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I wish he had more impact. It seems that so many people don't believe masks do any good, and they refuse the wear them. People don't believe masks do any good, they refuse to wear them, and the crowds have no distancing. Nobody cares. Good Lord if Biden wins, how does he expect to enforce total compliance. People are sick of it.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I wish he had more impact. It seems that so many people don't believe masks do any good, and they refuse the wear them. People don't believe masks do any good, they refuse to wear them, and the crowds have no distancing. Nobody cares. Good Lord if Biden wins, how does he expect to enforce total compliance. People are sick of it.
Did you see where in the article states whether he was wearing a mask or not? I didn’t. So I am assuming he was wearing a mask and ended up infected anyway. What message does that put out about wearing masks?

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Did you see where in the article states whether he was wearing a mask or not? I didn’t. So I am assuming he was wearing a mask and ended up infected anyway. What message does that put out about wearing masks?
In the first few sentences he states they were in Mexico City early March and didn't know anything about wearing masks.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you see where in the article states whether he was wearing a mask or not? ... What message does that put out about wearing masks?
"He said he believes he contracted the virus in early March while at a concert in Mexico City.

'To be frank, nobody knew about masks or anything like that... We weren't made aware that it was a problem'"

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Wasn't my point, whether he wore a mask or not. The sad truth is that so many people are refusing to wear a mask, no matter what the so called "EXPERTS" say. If you want a message look at all the crowd shots at pool and beach parties, where so many people are on top of each other and nobody is wearing a mask. Pay attention.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Actual experts (epidemiologists like Dr. Fauci) + scientific studies say that this is a fact:
Wearing a mask offers some protection, but its more about protecting others from you
I have no interest in debating those who would consign thousands to illness + death.

The point of the story: This isn't merely like the flu which you'll likely recover.
Rather, that anyone, ordinary or famous, can get very sick, with lasting effects (or die).
So, we need to continue to be careful, no matter how tired of it we may be.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a real story to be discussed? It happened in March before anyone knew anything including the WHO and CDC, he's 69 years old and obese.

If you can say that masks prevent then I can say it is entirely like the flu. See what I just did?

Brett

Reaction score
Is this a real story to be discussed? It happened in March before anyone knew anything including the WHO and CDC, he's 69 years old and obese.

If you can say that masks prevent then I can say it is entirely like the flu. See what I just did?

we see ... :LOL:
maybe the real story is that COVID can leave people with neurological problems - aka "foggy" brain

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Provide your scientific proof. See what I did?...similar to holding you accountable for crying fire in a theatre. Just because it’s an online forum doesn’t mean you get to say falsehoods with impunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a real story to be discussed? ... he's 69 years old and obese.
Not obese to my eyes. Covid-19 gave him Guillain-Barré Syndrome. He survived and has hopes of making a long-haul recovery in maybe a year.

Reactions: RX8