• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MULTIZ321 Please Stop Posting News

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I respect that.

It feels like a very anti-TUG vibe to me to be calling out individuals for their posting style. IMO, take it up privately with the individual. Or take it up behind the scenes with the mods. But don’t start a thread discussing someone else.

This thread is bad enough. When you decided to start a second one, it got to be too much.

Just my opinion. If others here want to start a trend like this and the mods are ok with it, so be it. I’ll just head elasewhere on the internet because I have no interest in hanging out where those kind of posts become the norm.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
It feels like a very anti-TUG vibe to me to be calling out individuals for their posting style. IMO, take it up privately with the individual. Or take it up behind the scenes with the mods. But don’t start a thread discussing someone else.

This thread is bad enough. When you decided to start a second one, it got to be too much.

Just my opinion. If others here want to start a trend like this and the mods are ok with it, so be it. I’ll just head elasewhere on the internet because I have no interest in hanging out where those kind of posts become the norm.

I think you’re being a little negative or misunderstand. I actually like Richard’s posts. I just wanted to see some hard stats on the overwhelming support for Richard’s posts, instead of stories. Like I said, it was 5-0 in support of Richard’s posts until you torpedoed said poll.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you’re being a little negative or misunderstand. I actually like Richard’s posts. I just wanted to see some hard stats on the overwhelming support for Richard’s posts, instead of stories. Like I said, it was 5-0 in support of Richard’s posts until you torpedoed said poll.

GH, I have no problems with your posting style. Why is it so hard to understand that if you have no interest in a particular subject, simply ignore it? :shrug:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
He doesn’t criticize what anyone else posts, no need to criticize what he posts. Very easy not to read them. I think complaining takes more time and energy.

I myself read what interests me. Just read a sad story on measles and posted to give info on how affordable it is to get tested.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He doesn’t criticize what anyone else posts, no need to criticize what he posts. Very easy not to read them. I think complaining takes more time and energy.

I myself read what interests me. Just read a sad story on measles and posted to give info on how affordable it is to get tested.

You mean the Israeli mother? That was sad.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thanks to these posts I now know who this guy Richard is and have been able to enjoy the articles he posts now. That flight attendant.....so sad.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
It was me.
I reported it too. It just seemed over the top after a 5 (now 6) page thread about Richard's posts. It seems like there are one or two threads a year about Richard's posts. I look at Richard as our own personal news aggregator, and one of the nicest parts of the lounge. It's super easy to scroll on by or ignore him if it's not your cup of tea. I just don't think that he needs to be singled out.

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading more replies here, I see I missed some of Richard's posts that I would have liked to read/glance at.

I also think it's an invitation to start a conversation and informative at the same time.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as Brian isn't complaining about taking up too much server space, who cares? I love seeing all of the interesting posts from Richard. Feel free to read or just move along.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I reported it too. It just seemed over the top after a 5 (now 6) page thread about Richard's posts. It seems like there are one or two threads a year about Richard's posts. I look at Richard as our own personal news aggregator, and one of the nicest parts of the lounge. It's super easy to scroll on by or ignore him if it's not your cup of tea. I just don't think that he needs to be singled out.

I respect that. If there is a thread critical of Richard, I just wanted a poll that supported Richard. For the record, it was 5-0 in support of Richard before such poll was torpedoed.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I respect that. If there is a thread critical of Richard, I just wanted a poll that supported Richard. For the record, it was 5-0 in support of Richard before such poll was torpedoed.
I am glad to hear that. I appreciate that it wasn't meant to be critical.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I understand where you were coming from, but the poll post did not come off that way, IMO. It would be like me starting a poll asking, "Do you find Grammarhero's posts interesting or relevant on this board?". That would be totally inappropriate, even it it was my intention to give you support because I thought your posts were the best ever.

In general, calling out a single person for what/how they post is just not my cup of tea. Make sense?

Kurt

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I think the Tug Lounge is the right place for this. Isn't it supposed to be a place to chat? What do most people chat about at work outside of their upcoming vacations? Often the news or the weather. Quite glad we are not getting posts on the weather. :thumbup:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I don't read all of Richard's posts. Maybe half and half. Without them, though I wouldn't have read- or remembered reading about Neil Armstrong's passing- important only to me because I'm going in for a similar procedure fairly soon. Lounge posts are like that. Some you read, some you pass. Some you share or comment on. I don't read all of Grammarhero's either. And I would hope that nobody reads all of mine. That's the value of the lounge. A big room with lots of conversations. Pick and choose. Just like a 'real' lounge.

Enjoy. Have one on me.

Jim

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so funny. When I saw the title “MULTIZ321 Please Stop Posting News” I thought it was an article that MULTIZ321 found and posted. And seeing MULTIZ321 name made me think “oh, this could be interesting.”

I like it when MULTIZ321 posts articles. No, I don’t like finding my own news. I find news on the web pretty depressing. When MULTIZ321 post like 10 articles in a row it always makes me smile. They are such a range of stories.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Poor @Kel hasn't been back since last Friday, less than a day after posting this thread. It's okay, Kel. We don't all have to agree.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Poor @Kel hasn't been back since last Friday, less than a day after posting this thread. It's okay, Kel. We don't all have to agree.
So true! As someone once told me, if everyone liked the same thing, then no one would be able to find their car in the parking lot.

I totally respect the right to hold a different opinion. I hope that the OP comes back. It's not that big of a deal, and in five years we won't even remember.

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from four weeks on an Alaska RV trip with limited cell service. Wow, I didn’t mean to cause trouble here. I did say please with a happy face.

And, I forgot I can ignore posters. That cleared a lot of posting clutter for me. Thank you. Cheers and happy travels! Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.