• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MS Office 2007

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the pain inflicted upon them to use MS Office 2007. At work we are the test tube pigs selected to use this tool.

Talk about reinventing my world. Man who shut off the lights. :mad:

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another victim

I have had MS 2007 since early this year and I still can't say that it is easier or better than 2003. There are more irritating quirks than new benefits.

Ann

S

Steamboat Bill

I have had it since it came out, but prefer the older version

RichM

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new toolbar scheme is far less intuitive and, being a keyboard-oriented user, I find it much more difficult. I was unfortunate to have to be the first one to get it at work since we had to at least test our Excel import/export modules under Excel 2007/Vista on a machine somewhere...

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well after having the same functions in the same places for how many years it made perfect sense to reorganize every single menu item so that it's a challenge to even print a file - try going back and forth between versions every day if you want to go nuts.

Oh and by the way - watch out for saving/sharing files with other users because it defaults to the new file extension as well which the majority of users won't be able to open.

Thank you Microsoft!

It's making me seriously consider switching to Open Office

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
It did make me switch to Open Office. We have Office '07 at work, and after a year I still have to hunt around just to remember how to print what's on the freakin' screen. So at home, when I did a Java update and it suggested I try Open Office, I tried it, liked it, and never spent the money on Office '07 for home use. IMO Open Office offers more tools in more useful ways, and it it completely compatible with Office and WordPerfect.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
In my opinion, the pinnacle of word processing was somewhere around Word Perfect 5.1 for DOS or perhaps some of the early versions of Word Perfect for Windows (before Corel took over that product).

Most word processing software that came along after that is just full of bloat and complexity.

I now use Word (2003) because it has become a de facto standard. But I find Word a big pain in the a... sometimes. It can act like a big, fat, bloated, complex monster. The darn thing has a mind of its own, and sometimes it just won't do what I want to do.

naudette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exotic Travelers / Mexico
I just got ms2007 and yes, I felt like a kindergartener again! That being said, I am beginning to get used to it and do like some of the features even better. Once I discovered the Quick Access Toolbar, that made a big difference. Now I can put just the commands I use the most there. Access has been the biggest challenge for me.

I like how you can see immediately the font and size changes in word. I like how when highlighting a column of numbers in Excel, you can see the total and average on the bottom right hand corner immediately.

AFter a couple of weeks, I think I've progressed to 3rd grade!

So....I do think I'll end up liking it even better after time. Accepting change is the biggest hurdle of all. Well, at least for me!

As a side note, there is a free program you can download called ASAP Utilities. It's a very cool program that does tons of formatting tricks like highlighting every other row, or removing text from cells, or removing #'s from cells, adding something to the beginning or end of a selection of cells. Anyway, it's pretty cool.