• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MROP maintenance fees up 19% for 2009

lawtechie

TUG Member
Reaction score
And most of the resorts they have charge an additional $69 usage fee on top of that!!!

I think this is going to be my dog in my portfolio.

jss223

Reaction score
Don't forget the $25 to upgrade for a larger unit.

In fairness, there are some good resorts that don't have the $69 fee.

With reservations 18 months in advance, many of us will have to do exchanges. When it's all done, with exchange fees and membership costs, the real cost could easily be $850 per week.

Overall I still think MROP is a good value, but not nearly as good as it used to be.

Last edited:

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons for the increases is the Sweetwater Lift Lodge has an assesment for over $900 per week/unit- so they have to pay that on the units they own.

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Puente Vista, where MROP owns 23 units, also had a sizable assessment per unit.

The 'value proposition' for MROP is currently not attractive. The number of MROP weeks for sale on Ebay has increased which I believe to be a sign of 'dumping' by disgruntled owners. Some weeks do not get bids even at $1.

Last edited:

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is MROP?

Thanks. These abbreviations can be hard to follow.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. These abbreviations can be hard to follow.

It stands for 'Multi-Resort Ownership Plan'. A mini-system with some units/weeks in about 55 resorts mostly in the West. Managed now by VRI. It has been a nice outfit, but IMO less so in the last couple of years.

Jim Ricks

PalmTrees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Book-Keeping error, new exchange fee, & question on exchg

Just found out that there is a new fee for the second reservation in any one year, $77 I think. The reservation person was good at minimizing the impact.

They also had an error in recording transfers for the now defunct Resorts West merger into MROP and we suddenly found that we had to use one year of annual points by year end rather than by 2009 YE. They had no announcement going out since they just discovered this 2 weeks ago, just happened to call. Solutions were a case by case basis, it seems.

Again the rep was very helpful and with only 80 days left in the year gave me a week at Canyon Villas at Coral Ridge (#A716) outside St George UT for a 3 BR Red week starting Christmas day.

The question I have prior to giving to RCI I wonder why all the other resorts in St George call Xmas week a White week. Should I be concerned about trade power or point paid since the red designation cost 1/3 more point than a white week? Christmas week seemed good to me.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The day VRI took over ORE (and thus MROP) I bailed at a small loss and have never regretted my decision.

George