• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moving points to future years

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Can I move some of my 2023 pts to 2024 and some to 2025?

happyhopian

Reaction score
If you are vip yes, you can move up to two year out, in either year how ever you want to divide the points but you will be charged a fee for each year // transaction.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If you are vip yes, you can move up to two year out, in either year how ever you want to divide the points but you will be charged a fee for each year // transaction.
The ability to use this feature is unrelated to VIP, though the window is extended for VIP owners. Anyone can use points deposit to move points to one or both eligible years.

Reaction score
Related question: does Wyndham provide any type of grace period for new contracts?

I just bought a resale contract that probably won't finish processing until April/May but has a use year of January. Any way to get some of these points shifted to next year, or do I just need to figure out how to use them all during the latter part of this year?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Related question: does Wyndham provide any type of grace period for new contracts?

I just bought a resale contract that probably won't finish processing until April/May but has a use year of January. Any way to get some of these points shifted to next year, or do I just need to figure out how to use them all during the latter part of this year?
I would plan not to be able to, but once the points are awarded to your account I would still call and ask nicely for a one-time exception. The worst they can say is no, and then you're left with the options of booking something later in the year or depositing to RCI.

I've also heard (but not been in the position to experience firsthand) that Wyndham has instated a policy that resale contracts processed after the midpoint of the year will not receive current use year points, only future use years. So fingers crossed as well that your contracts process before July. :confused:

troy12n

Reaction score
I wonder if you had any way to reach out to the current owners to move current UY points to the next UY. Offer to pay them the $35 fee to do it. The points are tied to a contract, so any future UY points should roll into your account once the contract is moved.

I've also heard (but not been in the position to experience firsthand) that Wyndham has instated a policy that resale contracts processed after the midpoint of the year will not receive current use year points, only future use years. So fingers crossed as well that your contracts process before July. :confused:

Well that stinks. But per my previous statement, that should work, right? Anyone know for fact if that is true or not, and if my suggestion of moving to future UY would help that?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Is this your first contract (and thus you don't need to worry about any adjustments due to a use year alignment)? That can cost you if they align use years on you.

No grace period from Wyndham. Nor do they grant you point deposits. That is my understanding. But rules changes, and there are a lot of inconsistencies in how things are actually done. But my understanding is that the points for the current year and next year (as per the contracts annual allotment) are what transfer. If the account were short points, the seller is responsible for replacing. If there are deposited points, they are lost (so no value trying to do anything in regards to that).

@paxsarah - I've heard rumblings about what you say about transfers after mid-year - it's been awhile since I've bought anything - has anyone actually experienced that?

@BoomerKwanger - you can call title services and ask how things will work -- and research as best you can -- and then you kind of see what happens (because things are not consistent :-( ).

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful responses everyone! I'm not too concerned, mostly just curious. It's only 400k points anyway, so I'll find a way to use it one way or another (or deposit it into RCI)

@Sandi Bo yep, first time buyer....very excited to start using it once the transfer goes through!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I’m still waiting on a contract that was sent to Wyndham on November 4th so I wouldn’t hold your breath.