• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mountain Resort in Arnold and Angel's Camp.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from California a couple of weeks ago. We spent a week in Mountain Resort and a week at Angels Camp. The main reason for going there was because I wanted to see Yosemite NP. We visited Big Trees state park, train museum and many other little towns and did lots of things. My husband was surprised that I picked that area. I didnt know what to expect but in almost every way my expectations were exceeded. The cute little towns and farmers markets, but most of all how very friendly and helpful the locals were. They were so very kind.

christye77

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s a nice area and has great little towns with different things to do. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We just got back from California a couple of weeks ago. We spent a week in Mountain Resort and a week at Angels Camp. The main reason for going there was because I wanted to see Yosemite NP. We visited Big Trees state park, train museum and many other little towns and did lots of things. My husband was surprised that I picked that area. I didnt know what to expect but in almost every way my expectations were exceeded. The cute little towns and farmers markets, but most of all how very friendly and helpful the locals were. They were so very kind.
What did you think of the Mountain Retreat Resort in Arnold? The photos don't do the resort any favors; I always wonder if it is actually better than it looks on the website. I am thinking of a similar trip to the mountains. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We are going there next summer. Excited to show our kids a new part of CA.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
One of the really fun things to do--and something that is rarely written about in the travel press and reviews--is to drive along California State Highway 49. Named for the 49'ers of the Gold Rush era, the 295-mile long route runs from the town of Oakhurst in the south to Vinton in the north, and through the historic gold mining towns of Sonora, Angels Camp, Mokelumne Hill, Sutter Creek, Plymouth, and Placerville. Of particular note is Sonora, where you can still ride a stagecoach in the nearby town of Columbia and your kids can pan for gold (and be almost guaranteed to get a flake or three). Also of note is Angels Camp, home of the Jumping Frog Jubilee, which was made famous by Mark Twain's story of the contest, published in 1865.

When you reach the town of Plymouth, you're right in the heart of California's Shenandoah Valley, home of some really good (though much less famous than Napa) wines and some great apple festivals in the Fall season.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
What did you think of the Mountain Retreat Resort in Arnold? The photos don't do the resort any favors; I always wonder if it is actually better than it looks on the website. I am thinking of a similar trip to the mountains. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
It was a nice resort. Not fancy but nice. Ours was a 2 bedroom. The bedrooms were on the main level with a bathroom off the master and another bathroom and a deck. The upstairs had the living room with a fireplace and kitchen. It also had a half bath which was great because we are older. It had a deck in the front and a patio in the back. There were 2 baby foxes and the mother that watched her babies play so we didnt use the patio, just watched the foxes play. There was a bear with 3 cubs that was hanging out in the area. I didnt see them but others did. They just warned us to not have any food in the car or outside. The beds were comfortable and the people were extremely nice.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from California a couple of weeks ago. We spent a week in Mountain Resort and a week at Angels Camp. The main reason for going there was because I wanted to see Yosemite NP.
How much time did you spend driving to and from Yosemite, did you get to see the whole park, and how many days did you spend doing this?

Asking b/c I'd like to go back to Yosemite and need a week to piggyback onto another TS confirmation, so will be very picky about dates. We once spent a weekend at YNP staying in motels in El Portal - OK for a weekend but need more time and space for a longer visit.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We only spent one whole day. Started very early so no wait time getting into park. It was about 2 hours to get there from Angels Camp.