• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

most luxurious TS exchanges with RCI

ci_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI have access to it for weekly exchange c382 & c383. But Club Intrawest is now exclusive partner for North America with Anantara and have direct access to their inventory on nightly basis!!!! CI member can request stay at both Anantara resort without one going search and with a confirmation within 2 business day.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
RCI have access to it for weekly exchange c382 & c383

beachfront are at C383
RCI lists 3 2BRs

Club Intrawest is now exclusive partner for North America with Anantara and have direct access to their inventory on nightly basis!!!! CI member can request stay at both Anantara resort without one going search and with a confirmation within 2 business day.
:confused: :eek:

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Anantara Vacation Club at Bophut, Koh Samui is available as an RCI exchange. (#C383) It is an RCI Gold Crown resort.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
Nice find! Phuket is on our "must see" list for a RTW trip. I'll have to start watching for it!

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea of how many TPU's it will take? I would bet 50 or 60 but hope it is less. I checked air fares and the CHEAPEST R/T per person to Bangkok I found is $1500 economy class. I would then have to book a flight on Thai Airlines to the Island. If I exchange for this I will probably pay $4000 to $7000 in air fares alone before the first meal is eaten. That makes Hawaii air fares from the east coast seem like a bargain. Add MF's you paid to get 50 or 60 TPU's and the $179 exchange fee and the $99 RCI combining fees and this is not a cheap destination, but it does look like an exceptional resort.

I hope they list one for exchange so I can see how many TPU's it will cost. I also am curious if any RCI members other than Club Intrawest will ever actually see any availability. I am considering do an ongoing search for this resort but I hate to obligate 60 TPU's to an ongoing search that might never have any availability.

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
I don't know how many TPU it'll be, but most in Asia are under 20 so I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near 60.

RCI doesn't seem to value the best properties in an area much higher than the worst ones. For instance, the 2BR Villas at Disney's Grand Californian that I got was about the same number of TPU as any other 2BR Southern California timeshare for that same week.

The Exchange Planner shows the average trading power for Phuket as 14-19 most of the year and 26 in December.

There are 44 units and 6 resorts currently available in Phuket at RCI for 14-23 TPU.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anantara Phuket ist now available to rent in RCI under resort code #R862

OK price for great time of the year.

It seems to be the appartments in the 6 story building at the back end of the property, not the pool villas.

I have never seen any availability for exchange in RCI weeks.

Has anyone seen abailability in RC Points or in a mini system?