• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritts Tortuga Club 2 BR locations

Anne S

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that none of the 1 BR units have an ocean view. But what about the 2BR units? I am asking specifically about MTC, not the Grand.
Any information wold be helpful. Thanks!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I was in an oceanfront 1 BR in 2019. There are 2 wooden buildings that are oceanfront. I was in one of them, the Wealdstone ?.

Mahlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Units in the Seaside and Weldstone are ocean front. One bedrooms have oceanviews from the living dinning areas. Townhouse two bedrooms have views from the lower living area and from one of the bedrooms upstairs. Two bedroom penthouse units have ocean views from the living areas but not from either of the bedrooms.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Its been a while since we were at Morritts but the Tortuga Club buildings are behind Morritts Grand. The south complex of Tortuga did have a side view between the Grand buildings of the bay off the balcony. Basically, Tortuga is pool view as seen in the linked picture.

Bill

Anne S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I stayed in a Morritts 1BR many years ago, in the building closest to the road. I'm hoping to exchange into a 2 BR with a view of the oceans, but if that is not possible I don't think I want to spend the extra points. Is there possibility that exchangers are offered units in the ocsanfront buildings?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all your replies. I stayed in a Morritts 1BR many years ago, in the building closest to the road. I'm hoping to exchange into a 2 BR with a view of the oceans, but if that is not possible I don't think I want to spend the extra points. Is there possibility that exchangers are offered units in the ocsanfront buildings?

Yes but not with Morritts Tortuga. The ocean front buildings at Morritts are Morritts Grand and the Londoner. Morritts Grand is in RCI and the Londoner is a building I'm not familiar with.

Bill

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in Tortuga in a 2 BR oceanfront. No elevators...3rd floor stairs. Not as newly furnished as Grand but we liked it. Clean and comfortable, really roomy. I did an exchange and this had to be around 2011 -12...with RCI.

DRIless

Reaction score
Yes but not with Morritts Tortuga. The ocean front buildings at Morritts are Morritts Grand and the Londoner. Morritts Grand is in RCI and the Londoner is a building I'm not familiar with. Bill

I own a Morritts Tortuga Club 1BR Oceanfront in the building pictured in the link above
it is Bldg D according to the Legend WEALDSTONE in the link below

If anyone would like to have it, please PM me, 2021 will be my last visit to this unit.

Latest News​

Cayman Islands COVID-19 Update​

mail
mail
mail
mail
The Cayman Islands Government has confirmed that the Owen Roberts Airport will begin a "soft" reopening to international travel on Tuesday Sept 1st, 2020. Anyone that is planning on traveling to Grand Cayman after Sept 1st will be required to submit an application to the Cayman Government entity TravelTime in order to obtain approval for entry into Cayman before they will be permitted to board the flight to Cayman. Part of the approval process requires that each person over the age of 10 will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hrs of departure. Upon arrival into Cayman everyone will then be required to remain in quarantine for five days and pass another COVID-19 test before being allowed to move about the Island. Those arriving tourists that complete these measures will then be required to wear a government issued health monitoring device at all times during their stay on the Island. This device will be reporting each individual's temperature and location at all times until they leave the island. The Cayman Government is requiring that each person will be responsible to pay for these required measures in order to enter Cayman. The Cayman Government is constantly monitoring and updating this policy to ensure the safety of every visitor and resident. For the most up to date information please visit the following government link at:
www.exploregov.ky/government-covid19-policies
Our customer service team is standing by at 1-800-447-0309 or 727-447-5344 to help answer any questions.​

I have no interest in, or connection with, the information below:

Good day, Morritts Guests and Owners,

I hope this email finds you & family well & safe! It has been boring here with no tourists, going a bit stir crazy! The Cayman Island Government is slowly opening up, finally! I hope the US and Canada, will get back to normal soon!!!

I have been reaching out to our owners and previous visitors to Morritt’s that showed an interest in our Club Plans to see if they might be interested in any of the new foreclosures we have got in? It has worked, I have been able to save folks money from when they were here last and visited with me! Please remember the foreclosures are first come first serve.

If you should have any questions pertaining to Morritt's sales, upgrades or more week(s)? There are some GREAT FORCLOSURES to be had NOW, as you could imagine!?!?!?! NEARLY HALF PRICE ON OCEANFRONT & POOLSIDE UNITS, simply respond if you want more info! If you own other timeshares elsewhere, did you know you can trade them in for another share at Morritt’s?
We have great financing options as low as 0% at the moment!

Stay well & safe!
The Morritts Family

P.S CHECK OUT THE AMAZING OFFERS BELOW

##nothumbs##

##nothumbs##

##nothumbs##

ONLY $4999​
ONLY $6999​

One bedroom Bi-Annual Poolside Unit.
Golden Turtle Club Included
(Normally additional $4999)
Interval International Points Program Included.(Normally additional $4999)

FINANCE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
FIRST YEAR MAINTENANCE INCLUDED
One bedroom Annual Poolside Unit.

Golden Turtle Club Included
(Normally additional $4999)
Interval International Points Program Included.(Normally additional $4999)

FINANCE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
FIRST YEAR MAINTENANCE INCLUDED

OTHER UNIT TYPES AVAILABLE ON FORECLOSURE.​

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own a Morritts Tortuga Club 1BR Oceanfront in the building pictured in the link above
it is Bldg D according to the Legend WEALDSTONE in the link below

Thanks for linking this stuff. We asked for ocean front when we traded in and ended up in what I think was E. I really liked that resort but getting there took two days from Seattle.

Bill

DRIless

Reaction score
Thanks for linking this stuff. We asked for ocean front when we traded in and ended up in what I think was E. I really liked that resort but getting there took two days from Seattle. Bill
It is unrealistic to think or hope that you'd get oceanfront if you trade in.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes but not with Morritts Tortuga. The ocean front buildings at Morritts are Morritts Grand and the Londoner. Morritts Grand is in RCI and the Londoner is a building I'm not familiar with.

Bill

Hi Bill... there is an oceanfront Tortuga building because I was there in it for a week.!!! I cant recall name but it was further down the beach than Londoner and Grand.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
Besides the Londoner, there are two other Tortuga oceanfront buildings, the Wembly (also known as Seaside) and Wealdstone (on the end farthest from Morritt’s Grand). Both have two bedroom units. The Wembly has elevators, the Wealdstone does not. Both buildings will have been remodeled by the time Morritt’s reopens. I own two weeks in a Wembly two bedroom, three bath townhouse.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Besides the Londoner, there are two other Tortuga oceanfront buildings, the Wembly (also known as Seaside) and Wealdstone (on the end farthest from Morritt’s Grand). Both have two bedroom units. The Wembly has elevators, the Wealdstone does not. Both buildings will have been remodeled by the time Morritt’s reopens. I own two weeks in a Wembly two bedroom, three bath townhouse.
I must have been in Wealdstone as there were wooden stairs. All in all we enjoyed Tortuga and Grand.. very relaxing place.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is unrealistic to think or hope that you'd get oceanfront if you trade in.
I did a trade and it was a year out so its possible depending on your trader. I'd try.