• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritt's Tortuga advice needed

happyhills

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I are going to Grand Cayman through an II exchange for a two bedroom Morritt's Tortuga Cllub on 2/25/23. We have never been and would like to know what building to request and how to do it online. Also we are renting a car and landing at 4:30 on a Friday. Are grocery stores open on Saturday near the resort and do they sell wine? Any other advice would be appreciated :banana:

shellmo1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a small grocery across the street but I would stop at a larger one on your way. You will pass a larger Fosters on your way. There is a liquor store near Fosters and one next to the small Fosters across the street from the resort. Grocery stores do not sell alcohol of any kind. I don't know about buildings. We stayed in the Greorge building in the Grand Section in Nov. Have a great trip!

happyhills

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a small grocery across the street but I would stop at a larger one on your way. You will pass a larger Fosters on your way. There is a liquor store near Fosters and one next to the small Fosters across the street from the resort. Grocery stores do not sell alcohol of any kind. I don't know about buildings. We stayed in the Greorge building in the Grand Section in Nov. Have a great trip!
Thank you.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
We just returned from Cayman. We own a week in a resort in George Town, and exchange in to Morritts or Wyndham on the East End for the second week. Fosters seems to be the best for prices; there is one in Savannah, which is on your way from the airport to East End. Many retail outlets are closed Sunday, so shop on Saturday, when you arrive.

You may be in for sticker shock; when we go again, I will pay the extra bag cost and fill it with cheese, meat, coffee, crackers, etc. We were there two weeks, though. We also buy duty free alcohol at the departure/layover airport. That said, we know it is expensive, but we loved the daily sunshine and 80+ temps.

Rum Point is open again, and a nice drive from Morritts. They allow visitors to use the lounge chairs and picnic tables. There is a small building used to serve the fun alcohol drinks, and they have a caterer setting up food for purchase. Bring your snorkel gear and go early to see turtles in the grasses. There are snorkel sets for sale in the retail gift shop across the street from Morritts, as well.

If anyone is interested in learning the good snorkel spots, let me know. We find those to be much better than any excursions. There are oodles of Public Beach Access signs throughout the island that allow free access to the water and beaches.

happyhills

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Cayman. We own a week in a resort in George Town, and exchange in to Morritts or Wyndham on the East End for the second week. Fosters seems to be the best for prices; there is one in Savannah, which is on your way from the airport to East End. Many retail outlets are closed Sunday, so shop on Saturday, when you arrive.

You may be in for sticker shock; when we go again, I will pay the extra bag cost and fill it with cheese, meat, coffee, crackers, etc. We were there two weeks, though. We also buy duty free alcohol at the departure/layover airport. That said, we know it is expensive, but we loved the daily sunshine and 80+ temps.

Rum Point is open again, and a nice drive from Morritts. They allow visitors to use the lounge chairs and picnic tables. There is a small building used to serve the fun alcohol drinks, and they have a caterer setting up food for purchase. Bring your snorkel gear and go early to see turtles in the grasses. There are snorkel sets for sale in the retail gift shop across the street from Morritts, as well.

If anyone is interested in learning the good snorkel spots, let me know. We find those to be much better than any excursions. There are oodles of Public Beach Access signs throughout the island that allow free access to the water and beaches.
Thank you. Is the Foster's viewable from the road?

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
The Fosters by the airport is easy to see. The one in Savannah is tucked back in the Countryside Shopping Village on the left side of the road, but it is easy in and easy out. I am sure it has been mentioned before, Cayman is a drive on the left country. As you continue on to Morritt’s, you will pass through Bodden Town. There are more fish fry and bbq stands than we saw in the past, with many people out walking, getting their dinner and socializing, especially on the weekends. Just outside of town is The Czech Inn, if you are hungry and want one of many unique food experiences that Cayman has to offer... fish tacos, Smash burger, and Jägerschnitzel. Sun will probably set around 6:30pm when you are there, so the ride to Morritts should hopefully be mostly during daylight.

bchill

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Fosters by the airport is easy to see. The one in Savannah is tucked back in the Countryside Shopping Village on the left side of the road, but it is easy in and easy out. I am sure it has been mentioned before, Cayman is a drive on the left country. As you continue on to Morritt’s, you will pass through Bodden Town. There are more fish fry and bbq stands than we saw in the past, with many people out walking, getting their dinner and socializing, especially on the weekends. Just outside of town is The Czech Inn, if you are hungry and want one of many unique food experiences that Cayman has to offer... fish tacos, Smash burger, and Jägerschnitzel. Sun will probably set around 6:30pm when you are there, so the ride to Morritts should hopefully be mostly during daylight.
Thank you.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
There are two building areas that make up the Tortuga Club. Both are pool view. Buying the liquor at the duty free on your way down is a cost and time saver. Ivan's at the resort has a good selection of wines.

Bill

Last edited:

Mahlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, there are 4 different areas that make up the Tortuga club portion of the resort per say.
There are 5 3 story buildings surrounding the Premiere pool which has a Bar in the pool, music during the day and several activities like bingo and name that tune daily. So, a bit noisy for some to be there.
Then there are three 3 story buildings surrounding the quiet pool. There are no children allowed in that pool and its very quiet. So good for some that don't want any noise disturbing their nap. :).
Then there is one 3 story wood building, ocean front at the extreme north end of the property.
Next door to that is the Seaside building on the beach, that has two more stories than all the other Tortuga buildings and is the only one with an elevator.
If you are trading in from RCI then you will get either a pool side unit or a ocean front unit depending on where the unit you got from RCI was deposited from. Most RCI deposits are from the poolside buildings.
If you call the resort and request either the premier pool or quiet pool two weeks ahead of time. They will try to accommodate your request.
The Grand and the Londoner are three buildings to the south of the Lobby building which is basically central to the entire resort. The Londoner is actually part of the Tortuga club but is kind of a separate entity within it. all of those buildings have elevators.
All areas of the resort share the same amenities. So, no matter which part of the resort you are in, you can use any of the pools, bars , restaurants, beaches, hot tubs, games etc.
Hope this helps. Enjoy you vacation there.

happyhills

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, there are 4 different areas that make up the Tortuga club portion of the resort per say.
There are 5 3 story buildings surrounding the Premiere pool which has a Bar in the pool, music during the day and several activities like bingo and name that tune daily. So, a bit noisy for some to be there.
Then there are three 3 story buildings surrounding the quiet pool. There are no children allowed in that pool and its very quiet. So good for some that don't want any noise disturbing their nap. :).
Then there is one 3 story wood building, ocean front at the extreme north end of the property.
Next door to that is the Seaside building on the beach, that has two more stories than all the other Tortuga buildings and is the only one with an elevator.
If you are trading in from RCI then you will get either a pool side unit or a ocean front unit depending on where the unit you got from RCI was deposited from. Most RCI deposits are from the poolside buildings.
If you call the resort and request either the premier pool or quiet pool two weeks ahead of time. They will try to accommodate your request.
The Grand and the Londoner are three buildings to the south of the Lobby building which is basically central to the entire resort. The Londoner is actually part of the Tortuga club but is kind of a separate entity within it. all of those buildings have elevators.
All areas of the resort share the same amenities. So, no matter which part of the resort you are in, you can use any of the pools, bars , restaurants, beaches, hot tubs, games etc.
Thank you! We traded in from Interval and got a 2 bedroom. All it says on the reservation is Morritt's Tortuga Club. We definitely want quiet and a view of the ocean. I will call and make the request. Is it an international call?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Thank you! We traded in from Interval and got a 2 bedroom. All it says on the reservation is Morritt's Tortuga Club. We definitely want quiet and a view of the ocean. I will call and make the request. Is it an international call?

Looking at the Morritts map I only see two areas with 9 buildings that were designated as Tortuga Club that are the buildings around the pools. We we a Tortuga Club exchange and were placed in building H. Unless the exchange is for Morritts Grand or Londoner there are only a few rooms in building J & K that have a peek a boo view between the front buildings is what I remember. It's been a while since we were there so things may have changed but the Tortuga Club was the lowest membership level in the past and was behind the Grand and Londoner.

Bill

happyhills

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Morritts map I only see two areas with 9 buildings that were designated as Tortuga Club that are the buildings around the pools. We we a Tortuga Club exchange and were placed in building H. Unless the exchange is for Morritts Grand or Londoner there are only a few rooms in building J & K that have a peek a boo view between the front buildings is what I remember. It's been a while since we were there so things may have changed but the Tortuga Club was the lowest membership level in the past and was behind the Grand and Londoner.

Bill

Thank you.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
You call Caribbean Resort Management in Florida on the Monday before you go to request a room location. Ask for oceanfront, because, why not! (727) 447-5344

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thank you for explaining the areas. Unfortunately once when we went we were at the adult pool and I would have liked to be by the premier pool. They had told me at that time it depended on your check in day. Is that true? I am handicap and I love the activity there and the pool bar. Do you know what check in day I should try for? Thank you.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for explaining the areas. Unfortunately once when we went we were at the adult pool and I would have liked to be by the premier pool. They had told me at that time it depended on your check in day. Is that true? I am handicap and I love the activity there and the pool bar. Do you know what check in day I should try for? Thank you.
I am a long time owner.

Checkin day does not affect where you are placed as each area has Friday/Saturday/Sunday so request the Premier Pool area when you call.
It‘s probably more important for you to request a first floor unit as the poolside units do not have elevators.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrayFal, Pat, we met you a long time ago. Friends of Part H. Thank you. We always get a 2 BR. Does the 1 BR have a queen or king bed? We found that the master bedroom in the 2 BR is so small that my husband and I slee separately. I can do stair twice a day, it just takes me a while.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a long time owner.

Checkin day does not affect where you are placed as each area has Friday/Saturday/Sunday so request the Premier Pool area when you call.
It‘s probably more important for you to request a first floor unit as the poolside units do not have elevators.
GrayFal, Pat, we met you a long time ago. Friends of Part H. Thank you. We always get a 2 BR. Does the 1 BR have a queen or king bed? We found that the master bedroom in the 2 BR is so small that my husband and I slee separately. I can do stair twice a day, it just takes me a while.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Problem is many of the buildings are different. Wooden Tortuga poolside buildings will have queen in the one bedrooms. Wooden oceanfront I swear has double in one bedroom. Wembley Seaside elevator building now has queen in the two bedroom townhouse (owners annoyed by this switch) but king in two bedroom flat. I can’t recall if the one bedroom has a king or a queen, I only own 2BRs there.
You would probably be better in the two bedroom unit.
Say hello to @Pat H for me!

edit - one bedroom grand has a king and they are larger units than the wooden Tortuga buildings. Londoner only has 2&3BRs with King beds - to trade in there is a separate code in II.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
This is the resort map from 2020, if it helps for orientation. We have exchanged into buildings 5, 16, 17, and 4.
The resort is so nice that we don’t mind which building we exchange into anymore. Two of the exchanges were 2bd and two were 1bd, all had king beds. To guarantee a king, the 2bd would be preferable, as @GrayFal mentioned.

Attachments

• 5932346D-E24B-4A98-8B07-1AC6645B38C7.jpeg
    5932346D-E24B-4A98-8B07-1AC6645B38C7.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 43

Mahlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I returned from Morritts a week ago and the wooden oceanfront building had queen beds in the one bedroom units. My daughter stayed in the seaside building in a one bedroom and it had a queen bed as well.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I returned from Morritts a week ago and the wooden oceanfront building had queen beds in the one bedroom units. My daughter stayed in the seaside building in a one bedroom and it had a queen bed as well.
Mystery solved!

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just booked 1 week at Tortuga and the following week at Grand with one day overlap to move from one to the other. Hopefully by goi on a Sunday and returning on a Friday, we will avoid the Saturday rush.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just booked 1 week at Tortuga and the following week at Grand with one day overlap to move from one to the other. Hopefully by goi on a Sunday and returning on a Friday, we will avoid the Saturday rush.
You are going to be pleasantly surprised at how great the resort is looking. Lots of work done over COVID lockdown. (Almost) All units renovated, the grounds are gorgeous. What month are you going?

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are going to be pleasantly surprised at how great the resort is looking. Lots of work done over COVID lockdown. (Almost) All units renovated, the grounds are gorgeous. What month are you going?
That's Great! We have not been there in a few years. Looking forward to it.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV

Kindly please share the good snorkel spots thank you!