• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Monarch 2016-19 4-Year Special Assessment/Refurbishment, etc [Update]

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Just learned that a unit is already in the construction process and is having the serpentine wall removed please check this out let us know what you find out when you are at HH. I hope your faith in the HOA is accurate but you might want to keep an open mind and your eyes open, something dose not add up. Could this design team and Marriott have some power over the HOA?

Just heard back form the Board. THE SERPENTINE WALL IS STAYING!!. Decision with aquarium window still pending

The board did their due diligence and it didn't make financial sense. When they explained the reason for considering it (more space for people who use the sofa bed and more felxibilty in living / bedroom furniture), it made sense. I am glad it didn't make cents.

okie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
monarch 4 weeks 16,17,18 and 19
The board did their due diligence and it didn't make financial sense. When they explained the reason for considering it (more space for people who use the sofa bed and more felxibilty in living / bedroom furniture), it made sense. I am glad it didn't make cents.
I just wish there would have been better communication with the owners and a forum for our input.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
[Threads merged.]

We will finally get to see what the 200 disaster recovery fee and the 150 four year assessment gets us. The plan is for the 2019 MF to drop the 200 and in 2020 to drop the 150 (I am sure, minus any increases). After 23 years I have given up on fighting to expand the second bedroom to sleep 4. As did the last two year, when I need to sleep 8, I exchange to the GO. My other unit I rented the last 5 years. Maybe I can increase my price a little.

Right off the Monarch Owners website.

Monarch's huge villa façade project and concurrent villa refurbishment are now underway! The façade project starts with the Azalea (3800) and Camelia (3700) buildings this year, with renovation scheduled from early January through the second week of March. The Dogwood and Magnolia buildings will be undertaken next year, scheduled for January through the second week of March 2019. The villa refurbishment, as done every five or six years, is encompassing updates, replacements, and renovations in all four buildings

The exterior façade work encompasses:

Exterior Stucco Repairs - remove/replace localized areas of delaminated stucco; repair bulging/buckling material at floor lines; repair/replace rusting metal corner beads and other metal stucco accessories.
Sealants and Coatings – re-caulk all exterior joints including designed expansion joints in the stucco material; apply breathable, high-performance coating to all stucco surfaces.
Doors and Windows – replace triple-panel sliding glass doors with vinyl-clad framed doors with impact-resistant glass; replace balcony swing doors (some units) with aluminum-framed doors with impact-resistant glass; replace unit entry doors and glass sidelights with steel-framed doors with impact-resistant glass sidelights; replace typical unit windows with vinyl-clad framed windows with thermally improved and impact-resistant glass; replace "aquarium" corner glazed windows (some units) with window on same building face as the sliding doors and close/finish opening on other building face to match inside and outside materials. Note: The "aquarium" style windows no longer meet building codes and have been the source of water intrusion behind the stucco façade and into the units.
Miscellaneous Repairs – perform numerous exterior wall penetration repairs.

The 2018 Villa Interior Refurbishment has been meticulously planned and budgeted over the past many months. By the time you next visit Monarch, you will find fresh, newly rehabbed and redecorated villas encompassing the following scope:

Carpet/Pad – replace carpet and pad throughout plus new transition strips at all carpet/tile locations.
Tile – add kitchen tile backsplash.
Paint & Finishes - remove dated “popcorn” ceiling in the kitchen & living/dining rooms; perform drywall repairs as needed; paint throughout the unit.
Carpentry & Millwork – eliminate soffit above breakfast bar; relocate granite shelf from dining area to foyer; add drawers in one guest bedroom closet; add drawers in center of hall closet; add millwork for new living room TV.
Electrical – install makeup mirror in master bath; replace select other electrical fixtures throughout unit; install electronic equipment charging stations in living room, master bedroom and guest bedroom.
Furniture & Soft Goods - replace all furniture, window treatments, bedroom sets, lamps, ceiling fans, and accessories.
The interior refurbishment of the Crown Suite (Azalea 5th floor penthouse) includes all of the components detailed above with these changes/additions:
Replace master bath tub with shower enclosure; convert old shower area to closet with single door configuration.
Refinish secretary desk in living room.
Refinish entry table.
Add backlit vanity mirror.
Reuse Murphy bed millwork piece with new mattress;

Last edited by a moderator:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I know I'm very excited to see how the updates look. I know MFs are creeping up but for me I love the way Marriott maintains their properties and still feel we receive very good value for a very nice beachfront resort on magnificent HHI.