• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moment 'Wedding Crasher Karen' ruins neighbor's big day by mowing her lawn and drowning out couple's vows

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
But my main point is that is not their name. (Most likely)

Who cares?

There's a stereotype name for "Welfare Queens." There's a stereotype name for basically every ethnicity. They've all had to deal with that for decades/generations/centuries.

Society hangs a name on the sort of person who calls the cops on people having a picnic in the park -- because he or she "doesn't like the look of those people." Or the person who isn't getting a table fast enough at a restaurant, and demands to speak to a manager. And all of a sudden it's a problem. When all the rest of these names go away, I'll be in favor or retiring Karen and Ken as well. Until then, they can lean into it -- just like every other group has been expected to do for the past few centuries.

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's too bad some people are so sensitive. I am called "dago" all the time. I call myself dago. This is supposed to be an offensive term for us Italians. I am not offended at all. I have even been called a dumb dago many times, which is even more offensive. I am proud to be a dumb dago.
A couple of years ago, I decided to apply for vanity plates when I renewed my vehicle registration. I asked for HEYDAGO. The BMV rejected my request saying it was too offensive and might provoke road rage. They may be right. Looking back on it, the way things are today, it was probably a good thing it was rejected

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who cares?

There's a stereotype name for "Welfare Queens." There's a stereotype name for basically every ethnicity. They've all had to deal with that for decades/generations/centuries.

Society hangs a name on the sort of person who calls the cops on people having a picnic in the park -- because he or she "doesn't like the look of those people." Or the person who isn't getting a table fast enough at a restaurant, and demands to speak to a manager. And all of a sudden it's a problem. When all the rest of these names go away, I'll be in favor or retiring Karen and Ken as well. Until then, they can lean into it -- just like every other group has been expected to do for the past few centuries.
So name calling in the past makes it acceptable now? Stick to the facts of each issue on their own and do lump them together.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
So name calling in the past makes it acceptable now? Stick to the facts of each issue on their own and do lump them together.

I *am* sticking to the facts.

The meme was created to poke fun at a hair style -- the kind worn by perpetually indignant people with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. For once, we have something that is poking fun at an attitude, and not a national origin, skin color or similar.

Out of all the pejoratives coined in the last few hundred years, this is the least offensive. So, of course, the Karens of the world demand to speak to the Internet's manager. They can get off their high horse -- everyone else has been putting up with this for generations. Ask Mick and Paddy.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I have never used the words Karen or Ken to describe a complainer. I am the guy that would go next door and politely ask the neighbor to knock it off and I'm pretty sure she would.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
If you google “what is a Karen, slang,” urban dictionary and Wikipedia have the description. Substitute different ethnicity and a slang.....see what I mean?
I think it is inappropriate. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I agree. Name calling doesn't get anyone anywhere usually.

Bill

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Glad I dropped the "ie" from the end of my nickname because its full usage is an insult meaning a superficially attractive but insipid young woman!
Where is the outrage over that slang?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
@ScoopKona - Let me give you a little insight into am1, that might be enlightening. These are all things he has openly posted:

He didn't like it when the NBA honored students from historically black colleges at the NBA All Star Game.
He didn't like it when Amazon started promoting businesses owned by minorities.
He doesn't like Title IX.
I could go on, but you get the picture.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes! - he reports my posts! :ROFLMAO:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Never heard the Ken term used; didn’t know Karen had anything to do with a hairstyle. Long before Karen came around we used Kitty to refer to lazy or clueless clerks/worker bees/phone answerers. The original Kitty worked under me in the accounts payable department and was as lazy and inept as they come. We still use the term— “I thought you were going to call about the delivery date?” “I did, but Kitty answered the phone so I pretended someone was at the door and that I’d call back. I’ll try later and hope someone else answers the phone”.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The story i read about this event indicated that the two families involved had some type of ongoing conflict... Personally i would consider this lady more of just a jerk or even a more colorful name than a Karen.. She seem to have gone out of her way to just be mean to the wedding party..

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
The story i read about this event indicated that the two families involved had some type of ongoing conflict... Personally i would consider this lady more of just a jerk or even a more colorful name than a Karen.. She seem to have gone out of her way to just be mean to the wedding party..
I didn't read anything more about this, but that was my first thought. The 2 families don't get along. There is always that one neighbor that you can't get along with.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Obviously, no one could accidentally do their "chores" in such an obtuse manner with a wedding going on just across the street.

Scary how many here believe that the witch was just innocently tending to her land. A total @!(& move by her.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I wouldn’t expect anything different in todays world
No respect

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought there had to be some bad blood between them or she has mental issues. I went with bad blood.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I thought there had to be some bad blood between them or she has mental issues. I went with bad blood.
I thought the same, am wondering when we’ll see the stories about her actions on the day of the wedding being retaliation for a prior offense against her that’s even worse.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
@ScoopKona - Let me give you a little insight into am1, that might be enlightening. These are all things he has openly posted:

He didn't like it when the NBA honored students from historically black colleges at the NBA All Star Game.

Not the case at all. But go ahead and try and spin things to make yourself feel important. In the end it reflects on you. It me.
The NBA only allowed students from hbc’s to attend a game during COVID. Why not include students from all colleges?
Amazon should promote all businesses equally. To me that is equality and fair.
Title IX in how it is applied discriminates against men (of all races, but especially minorities who may be the most at risk of attending or staying in college). How is it fair that a university can cut mens track among others but not the womans team?
But you like most of the other sheep (no offense to sheep but they are known for it) just listen to sound bites from talking heads.

Are you in support of Meghan rapinoe saying that woman’s high school/college sports are not important when compared to trans athletes? How do you think she would feel if trans athletes replaced her and her teammates on the us national or pro teams?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

Not the case at all. But go ahead and try and spin things to make yourself feel important. In the end it reflects on you. It me.
The NBA only allowed students from hbc’s to attend a game during COVID. Why not include students from all colleges?
Amazon should promote all businesses equally. To me that is equality and fair.
Title IX in how it is applied discriminates against men (of all races, but especially minorities who may be the most at risk of attending or staying in college). How is it fair that a university can cut mens track among others but not the womans team?
But you like most of the other sheep (no offense to sheep but they are known for it) just listen to sound bites from talking heads.

Are you in support of Meghan rapinoe saying that woman’s high school/college sports are not important when compared to trans athletes? How do you think she would feel if trans athletes replaced her and her teammates on the us national or pro teams?
beating-a-dead-horse-funny.gif

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks am1, for proving my point! :wave:

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Thanks am1, for proving my point! :wave:

It's a real shame that we can't have "rational" or "irrational" underneath the label reads "member/guest/mod/admin," just there to the left of this sentence.

It would help considerably.

There was a saying in the long-ago days of the dial-up BBS, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that granny have now made several major national newspapers front page and the three National news tv networks.

i wonder how she feels right now.