• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moment 'Wedding Crasher Karen' ruins neighbor's big day by mowing her lawn and drowning out couple's vows

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I

It is. Also offensive to all people named Karen who do not act entitled. The world needs more understanding and tolerance and not division and bullying.

You are not wrong, but we all need to be a little less offended about things.

There is a lot of hateful stuff out there. I posted a comment on Facebook about mortgage rates and house prices and someone replied 'What a typical JEW response - I can tell based upon your last name.' Did I get offended? No, it is probably some loser posting this stuff from his mother's basement in the hills. I told some friends and we laughed about it.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Well that granny have now made several major national newspapers front page and the three National news tv networks.

i wonder how she feels right now.

Yes, i saw this on the TV news last evening. Personally i would be embarrassed as heck,

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's too bad some people are so sensitive. I am called "dago" all the time. I call myself dago. This is supposed to be an offensive term for us Italians. I am not offended at all. I have even been called a dumb dago many times, which is even more offensive. I am proud to be a dumb dago.
A couple of years ago, I decided to apply for vanity plates when I renewed my vehicle registration. I asked for HEYDAGO. The BMV rejected my request saying it was too offensive and might provoke road rage. They may be right. Looking back on it, the way things are today, it was probably a good thing it was rejected

When my father worked for the SEC back in the 70s/80s/90s he had a group of guys in his teams that were all his buddies. He never picked them for skill, just for friendship. I guess they must have done decent work, no idea really.

They were black, Jewish (my dad), Polish and Italian. They would call each other the most hideous racist names and laugh about it. I think you would be fired today if someone every heard about it. They were all at my Bar-Mitzvah party. It wasn't about hate, they loved each other. When I would come to the office - they would all tell me racist jokes about their own ethnicities.

I will tell you one particular joke my Dad made that got him in trouble once. Towards the end of his career in the 90s, he was honored for diversity in always including the black person in his team. His response was 'He always takes him along because he needs his shoes shined in the morning.'. He got spoken to about it, but nothing really happened because the target of the joke defended him.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are not wrong, but we all need to be a little less offended about things.

There is a lot of hateful stuff out there. I posted a comment on Facebook about mortgage rates and house prices and someone replied 'What a typical JEW response - I can tell based upon your last name.' Did I get offended? No, it is probably some loser posting this stuff from his mother's basement in the hills. I told some friends and we laughed about it.

I personally do not get offended by much. I do find others actions, ideas and plans can be extremely off. But they do not know better or care. I am a minority where I live and any noise I just brush off. Or even better do not understand.

At least in my mind I am unfwithible (bulletproof might me a close translation).

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I personally do not get offended by much. I do find others actions, ideas and plans can be extremely off. But they do not know better or care. I am a minority where I live and any noise I just brush off. Or even better do not understand.

At least in my mind I am unfwithible (bulletproof might me a close translation).

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you would be fired today if someone every heard about it.

I will tell you one particular joke my Dad made that got him in trouble once. Towards the end of his career in the 90s, he was honored for diversity in always including the black person in his team. His response was 'He always takes him along because he needs his shoes shined in the morning.'. He got spoken to about it, but nothing really happened because the target of the joke defended him.
You are correct. Probably get sued also.

I got myself in trouble with the Jewish girl I was dating back in 1970. I wont go into detail, but I made some racist remark to her, that I thought was harmless, but, it something I regretted. The only consequences from that was, from that moment on we were no longer dating.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was never holding on. Just calling out someone trying to make them feel important at what they thought would be my expense. I am for equality in the form of equal opportunity not exclusion.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Probably get sued also.

I got myself in trouble with the Jewish girl I was dating back in 1970. I wont go into detail, but I made some racist remark to her, that I thought was harmless, but, it something I regretted. The only consequences from that was, from that moment on we were no longer dating.

There can be a thin line of joking with somebody vs making fun of them.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I am for equality in the form of equal opportunity not exclusion.
W
Not the case at all. But go ahead and try and spin things to make yourself feel important. In the end it reflects on you. It me.
The NBA only allowed students from hbc’s to attend a game during COVID. Why not include students from all colleges?
Amazon should promote all businesses equally. To me that is equality and fair.
Title IX in how it is applied discriminates against men (of all races, but especially minorities who may be the most at risk of attending or staying in college). How is it fair that a university can cut mens track among others but not the womans team?
But you like most of the other sheep (no offense to sheep but they are known for it) just listen to sound bites from talking heads.

Are you in support of Meghan rapinoe saying that woman’s high school/college sports are not important when compared to trans athletes? How do you think she would feel if trans athletes replaced her and her teammates on the us national or pro teams?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There was a saying in the long-ago days of the dial-up BBS, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

@ScoopKona: In the same vein, I like: Never wrestle with a pig - you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Last edited: