• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moment 'Wedding Crasher Karen' ruins neighbor's big day by mowing her lawn and drowning out couple's vows

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I've never mown love like this! Moment 'Wedding Crasher Karen' ruins neighbor's big day by mowing her lawn and drowning out couple's vows
  • A viral video documents the moment a neighbor decided to ruin a wedding by mowing her lawn with an apparent weed whacker
  • The video shows a bride walking down a grassy aisle in New Brunswick, Canada with her father when a buzzing noise starts
  • It then cuts to the bride and groom holding hands under a canopy overlooking the water as the buzzing noise continues
  • The video pans to a woman in a dark hat, light shirt and dark pants noisily mowing her lawn across the street
  • She even looks up at the videographer before the video ends
  • TikTok users said they would have exacted revenge on the woman
  • Others seemed to defend her, saying it is the woman's property

59354295-10938955-image-a-1_1655848362464.jpg

geekette

Reaction score
Did anyone tell this neighbor that a major event was going to be occurring? Probably not.

she is not A Karen, she’s a homeowner doing regular chores. Not her fault her chore time aligned with vows. Exacting revenge on her is scary stuff and quite unwarranted. Could just have easily been a flock of geese overhead dropping used birdseed. Have an outdoor wedding, expect something to happen.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone tell this neighbor that a major event was going to be occurring? Probably not.

she is not A Karen, she’s a homeowner doing regular chores. Not her fault her chore time aligned with vows. Exacting revenge on her is scary stuff and quite unwarranted. Could just have easily been a flock of geese overhead dropping used birdseed. Have an outdoor wedding, expect something to happen.
I disagree.
A neighbor across the street -- and she wasn't invited to the wedding.
Me thinks this reeks of resentment -- not daily chores.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people think it’s okay to refer to someone as a Karen. Think about it.

Outdoor weddings are good in theory. But anything can happen. Someone does have the right to tend to their property. A former neighbor would spend hours on Saturday using the leaf blower. We couldn’t sit on the deck and gave a conversation.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you look at the video, this sour old biddy is "mowing" the grass in the most inefficient manner with the most noise possible. She also started just as the bride started her processional to the officiant.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Weddings are overrated ...
To us, yes. To my Mother in Law, oh heck NO! (her only DD)

Wedding: $$$$
Wedding hassle: $$$$$$!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting along with my Mother In Law after the marriage for 40 years while she lived: PRICELESS!!

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I don’t understand why people think it’s okay to refer to someone as a Karen. Think about it.

Because it's a typical name for the person who goes through life demanding to speak to managers. Other groups have been dealing with the same pejoratives for centuries. Karen and Ken can get over it. My mother was a "Karen." And she was exactly the sort of person who would become indignant about the very existence of the joke.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
They should have invited her to the Wedding.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
They should have invited her to the Wedding.
When my first husband and I got married in my parent's back yard we didn't invite any of the neighbors to the wedding.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
When my first husband and I got married in my parent's back yard we didn't invite any of the neighbors to the wedding.
I was being sarcastic. But it would have prevented the noise, unless she was coughing .

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because it's a typical name for the person who goes through life demanding to speak to managers. Other groups have been dealing with the same pejoratives for centuries. Karen and Ken can get over it. My mother was a "Karen." And she was exactly the sort of person who would become indignant about the very existence of the joke.
It is racist. And if went the other ways there were be outrage. No way could be a black, native, Latino or Asian name used in that manner in 2022.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
It is racist. And if went the other ways there were be outrage. No way could be a black, native, Latino or Asian name used in that manner in 2022.
I have several acquaintances named Karen of different races and creeds. Perhaps we should just use the initials EP which stand for entitled person of any gender, etc.?

ScoopKona

Reaction score

1) It is not racist. It's not even really misogynist.

2) It already GOES the other way. And there isn't nearly enough outrage.

3) Every other group has dealt with their stereotype insults. Karen and Ken aren't being singled out for ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual preferences or anything else. They are being singled out for wanting to speak to the manager. For once, the epithet targets an attitude, not a skin color. The Karens shouldn't Karen so much. Then the term would fall out of favor. Boomer Karens and Kens particularly detest the term. That's great! Boomer Ken/Karen could stand to see the view from someplace besides atop their high horse.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I
1) It is not racist. It's not even really misogynist.

2) It already GOES the other way. And there isn't nearly enough outrage.

3) Every other group has dealt with their stereotype insults. Karen and Ken aren't being singled out for ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual preferences or anything else. They are being singled out for wanting to speak to the manager. For once, the epithet targets an attitude, not a skin color. The Karens shouldn't Karen so much. Then the term would fall out of favor. Boomer Karens and Kens particularly detest the term. That's great! Boomer Ken/Karen could stand to see the view from someplace besides atop their high horse.
It is. Also offensive to all people named Karen who do not act entitled. The world needs more understanding and tolerance and not division and bullying.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I

It is. Also offensive to all people named Karen who do not act entitled. The world needs more understanding and tolerance and not division and bullying.
You can't speak for all people named Karen. I have a friend named Karen. She's not offended.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't speak for all people named Karen. I have a friend named Karen. She's not offended.
Ok she cannot so speak for all people named Karen either. But will note that your one friend is not offended.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Ok she cannot so speak for all people named Karen either. But will note that your one friend is not offended.
I always hesitate to say "all" or "none" or "always" or "never" unless I am 100% sure. But isn't it fun to throw "facts" you aren't sure about out there.

So, when are you going to take your poll to see how many Karens are offended?

ScoopKona

Reaction score

My guess is that you have never actually experienced institutionalized racism. Dismissing the adjective "Karen" as racist is like saying the word "greedy" is racist. If we called all greedy people "Thurston Howell the Third," it's exactly the same thing.

It originally meant a hair style, after all. "The 'I'd like to speak to a manager' hair style."

When the Karens and Kens have experienced a few hundred years of belittling, and economic marginalization and exploitation, I will cordially invite them to sit at "the victim table." But, until then, they should stop demanding to see a manager.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that you have never actually experienced institutionalized racism. Dismissing the adjective "Karen" as racist is like saying the word "greedy" is racist. If we called all greedy people "Thurston Howell the Third," it's exactly the same thing.

It originally meant a hair style, after all. "The 'I'd like to speak to a manager' hair style."

When the Karens and Kens have experienced a few hundred years of belittling, and economic marginalization and exploitation, I will cordially invite them to sit at "the victim table." But, until then, they should stop demanding to see a manager.
Every case is different. Sometimes justified, sometimes unreasonable. We do not know the last few hundred years of everyone’s ancestors. But some came over broke, some as indentured servants, some fleeing war etc. but that is all beside the point of people using the name Karen to refer to entitled people. Then people gang up on said person who they have never met and cause problems for them.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Every case is different. Sometimes justified, sometimes unreasonable. We do not know the last few hundred years of everyone’s ancestors. But some came over broke, some as indentured servants, some fleeing war etc. but that is all beside the point of people using the name Karen to refer to entitled people. Then people gang up on said person who they have never met and cause problems for them.

1) There are lots of people we can see their genetic history just by looking. Those people have typically had it much harder over the centuries than someone with a Karen hair-do.

2) This is a wonderful opportunity for Karens and Kens of the world to go the extra mile and break that stereotype. You know, be a credit to their name.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
If you google “what is a Karen, slang,” urban dictionary and Wikipedia have the description. Substitute different ethnicity and a slang.....see what I mean?
I think it is inappropriate. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) There are lots of people we can see their genetic history just by looking. Those people have typically had it much harder over the centuries than someone with a Karen hair-do.

2) This is a wonderful opportunity for Karens and Kens of the world to go the extra mile and break that stereotype. You know, be a credit to their name.

But my main point is that is not their name. (Most likely)