• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Modifying an ongoing search

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

I know this is a basic 101 question, but I have looked for the answer on TUG and haven't found an extremely clear answer.

Let's say I have an ongoing search for London, June 2007. Then I go online and modify that search for different dates and areas. When I'm done, I leave the original ongoing search intact.

My question is, by modifying the search for a short time, have I lost my "place in line" for the original search? I thought my original place remained, but I had a VC tell me any time I modified my search, my original request went back to the end of the line.

Thanks!

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
northwoodsgal said:
Madge,

I know this is a basic 101 question, but I have looked for the answer on TUG and haven't found an extremely clear answer.

Let's say I have an ongoing search for London, June 2007. Then I go online and modify that search for different dates and areas. When I'm done, I leave the original ongoing search intact.

My question is, by modifying the search for a short time, have I lost my "place in line" for the original search? I thought my original place remained, but I had a VC tell me any time I modified my search, my original request went back to the end of the line.

Thanks!

The VC was wrong-surprise. You keep your place in 'line'.

Phil

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I further this example with a true situation?

Let's say, with the same timeshare, I have a search going for London and Belgium. I go online, modify my search and, for whatever reason, when I'm done my search is now "saved" as searching for London and Poland. After a few hours, I go back online and see my ongoing search had been altered.

Q.#1 Is my "place in line" calculated separately for London and Belgium? Or, as long as one of the two searches remains the same, does my place remain the earlier of the two?

Q.#2 If my place in line is calculated separately, do I need to call a VC to re-establish my place in line or, after I make the correction back to my original search of Belgium, does the system realize what happened and make the correction automatically?

Q.#3 If my original search had been save with Austria and Poland (both different areas, essentially eliminating any part of my original search), would I need to call a VC to re-establish my place in line once the search is corrected back to London and Belgium?

Q.#4 If I change the size of unit I desire, keeping everything else the same, does that change my place in line?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
northwoodsgal,

Your "place in line" does not change in any way when you modify your ongoing search. This is true even if you completely change the areas and dates. There is a response about this in the Ask RCI FAQ's.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
F. Do you lose your place in line when you change an on-going search request?

You can change your search as often as you wish, and as long as you don't stop the search altogether, it will retain its original entry date and priority.

Madge,

I did read the link before posting here, but I don't think it gives a full answer, since it assumes the member's search before and after modifying is the same. My question relates to having an ongoing search, modifying it, and then saving it with a different set of parameters. At what point does the ongoing search "stop altogether"? I was hoping you could give a more technical answer.

Thanks!

Last edited:

myhottoddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Modifying A Search

Much to my dismay, I recently substituted the deposited week on a search that had been in place since March 2005 on Oct 1, 2005. Since this was a visible search and converted to a non-visable search using FF points, I called yesterday to inquire if the search had a match. The VC said not yet, however, your search just began a few days ago!!

I believe trading power is a roll of the dice. I see TUG sightings for bulk deposits obtained with week traders , some of which are 28 k FF point deposits, that my 70 K FF red studio week will not pull. Go figure.

Tom

gravedee

TUG Member
Reaction score
northwoodsgal said:
Madge,

I did read the link before posting here, but I don't think it gives a full answer, since it assumes the member's search before and after modifying is the same. My question relates to having an ongoing search, modifying it, and then saving it with a different set of parameters. At what point does the ongoing search "stop altogether"? I was hoping you could give a more technical answer.

Thanks!

I think you might be confusing the issue. Modifying a search means that you take your original search, change it in some way, and then save it. Both the FAQ and Madge say that you do not lose your place in line.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I'm even more confused. Gravedee, you're saying the term "modifying" only refer to a situation where the original and ending searches are the same?

I'm not sure what to call it, but my question pertains to having a different search at the end. I know it can be done, but at what point does it alter RCI's place for me in line?

In the case of myhottoddy, it appears if the search parameters are the same, but the week doing the search changes, it's considered a new search. Madge, if this is the case, would it be possible for a VC to backdate the new search?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge said:
northwoodsgal,

Your "place in line" does not change in any way when you modify your ongoing search. This is true even if you completely change the areas and dates.
northwoodsgal,

You can change absolutely everything about your search and it will keep the same initiation date. You must cancel it altogether to lose that. You can do this online or a Guide can do it. If you haven't yet stopped a search online that distinction may not mean much to you. Just continue to adjust your search parameters and you'll be fine.