• Welcome to the FREE TUGBBS forums! The absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 32 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 33 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 33nd anniversary and giveaway: Happy 32nd Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    All subscribers auto-entered to win all free TUG membership giveaways!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $25,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $25 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Modify feature

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2022
Messages
2,701
Reaction score
2,441
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows; Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I'm wondering if I screwed up here. I was trying to get Club Wyndham Anaheim at the 10 month mark for June 29 - July 4th. On August 27th I saw that there were only 2 units left for the 27th - 4th so I figured, no problem, I'd grab the 27th - 4th and just use the modify feature later to remove the first two nights. Out of curiosity, today being the 28th, I went online to see if it would let me modify to remove the first night, and that is not showing up as an option. I have the option to add nights at the beginning, but not remove them. Did I screw something up here? My only other option seems to be to just cancel tomorrow and try to rebook hoping it comes back into inventory but then I might end up with nothing...
 
Maybe wait until all nights are fully inside 10 months and then it might let you remove some? That's a wild guess.
 
When you saw nights available in August, was that with the calendar search?

If so, then you are probably seeing is arp inventory available for those with cwa points that can book at 13 months. This seems to be a recently added undocumented feature.

A new week starts Sunday for Friday August 20 and Monday for Saturday. Try then.
 
Something else you can do is set up a waitlist request, and if it comes up, book that, then cancel the original booking.

Currently waitlist is free...

Also like someone else suggested, wait till the 10 months hits and try again.
 
When you saw nights available in August, was that with the calendar search?

If so, then you are probably seeing is arp inventory available for those with cwa points that can book at 13 months. This seems to be a recently added undocumented feature.

A new week starts Sunday for Friday August 20 and Monday for Saturday. Try then.
Sorry, I think my post was confusingly worded. The nights I want are June 29 - July 4th. Right at the 10 month window. On August 27th (Yesterday) I grabbed June 27 - July 4th with the intention of using the modify feature to remove the first two nights once we get into the standard reservation window. Today, 10 months out from June 28th, i checked out of curiosity and the modify feature does not allow me to rmeove the evening of June 27th (but it lets me add up to 3 nights on the front end). So I am left witht he option of:

1. At midnight tonight cancelling the reservaiton and hoping it comes immmediatly back so I can rebook it; or
2. Waiting per @chapjim s suggestion until next week until the whole thing falls into the standard reservation window to see if i can modify it at that point.

Both ways are a bit of a gamble.
 
Sorry, I think my post was confusingly worded. The nights I want are June 29 - July 4th. Right at the 10 month window. On August 27th (Yesterday) I grabbed June 27 - July 4th with the intention of using the modify feature to remove the first two nights once we get into the standard reservation window. Today, 10 months out from June 28th, i checked out of curiosity and the modify feature does not allow me to rmeove the evening of June 27th (but it lets me add up to 3 nights on the front end). So I am left witht he option of:

1. At midnight tonight cancelling the reservaiton and hoping it comes immmediatly back so I can rebook it; or
2. Waiting per @chapjim s suggestion until next week until the whole thing falls into the standard reservation window to see if i can modify it at that point.

Both ways are a bit of a gamble.

Yeh, I knew what you wanted but was thrown off by the August date and opened my calendar to the wrong month in 2027.

I have checked in the past and have never seen a reservation return that quick since they started discourage cancel and rebook.

Good luck
 
I was trying to get Club Wyndham Anaheim at the 10 month mark for June 29 - July 4th. On August 27th I saw that there were only 2 units left for the 27th - 4th so I figured, no problem, I'd grab the 27th - 4th and just use the modify feature later to remove the first two nights. Out of curiosity, today being the 28th, I went online to see if it would let me modify to remove the first night, and that is not showing up as an option.

Club Wyndham Anaheim is all CWA inventory. If you booked the reservation using something other than CWA then June 28th and following is still inside the ARP booking window (or outside the 10-month booking window) on August 27th. The modified reservation cannot start on a date that was outside of the 10-month booking window at the time the original reservation was booked.

Book a reservation for June 27-July 4 on August 29th, and there would be no issue modifying the reservation to drop June 27th or both June 27th and 28th, because both those dates were within the 10-month booking window at the time of the original reservation.
 
The modified reservation cannot start on a date that was outside of the 10-month booking window at the time the original reservation was booked.
Yeah, this was the rule that I was unaware of. I guess I need to cancel it tomorrow and hope that I can rebook it?
 
Sorry, I think my post was confusingly worded. The nights I want are June 29 - July 4th. Right at the 10 month window. On August 27th (Yesterday) I grabbed June 27 - July 4th with the intention of using the modify feature to remove the first two nights once we get into the standard reservation window. Today, 10 months out from June 28th, i checked out of curiosity and the modify feature does not allow me to rmeove the evening of June 27th (but it lets me add up to 3 nights on the front end). So I am left witht he option of:

1. At midnight tonight cancelling the reservaiton and hoping it comes immmediatly back so I can rebook it; or
2. Waiting per @chapjim s suggestion until next week until the whole thing falls into the standard reservation window to see if i can modify it at that point.

Both ways are a bit of a gamble.
I have had trouble with the modify feature working. A couple times now it hasn't let me modify the front end. Once I called and the VC said that isn't an option. I know we should be able to, I just gave up arguing, cancelled and rebooked successfully (phew).
 
Is it a rule published somewhere, or just how the system functions?
Not every "rule" in Club Wyndham is published. The published Club guidelines (rules) only reference modifying reservations to add nights.

The "unwritten" rule makes perfect sense (someone in IT was actually thinking ahead, for a change), and that is what matters. Without it, some owners would quickly learn how to "game" the system to get a week or so jump on the 10-month reservation window for the "best" reservations still available at 10 months when points are points, and then modify (trim) the reservation to just the dates they want.
 
My only other option seems to be to just cancel tomorrow and try to rebook hoping it comes back into inventory but then I might end up with nothing...

Two other options to guarantee your vacation:

1) Arrive 2 nights earlier than originally planned and use the whole June 27 - July 4.

2) Keep the reservation and just arrive on June 29th as originally planned -- throwing away the first two nights, but getting exactly what you want. (This is a well-known, but seldom used, strategy in WorldMark.) Just be sure to call the resort a few days before arrival to inform about the late arrival.
 
I still say, the modify feature is buggy…

I booked these in the last week, so nothing to do with ARP or other perceived “unwritten” rules…

I should be able to adjust the start date and I cannot

IMG_7017.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

On the following reservation, I can. I’m guessing the bug (1st example) has something to do with not having other days proceeding the check-in date? In the second example, there is a room the night before if I wanted to add it on and so now it’s also letting me drop a day..
IMG_7019.jpg




IMG_7020.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So I cancelled it this morning. It didn’t come right back. I attempted to use the waitlist feature. It wouldn’t let me use the waitlist feature because it kept returning a message of “your room is available to book right now,” but when I clicked “book now” it wasn’t. After about 5 minutes of trying this, the room came back into inventory and I booked it for the nights I wanted. Thanks all for the advice.
 
Two other options to guarantee your vacation:

1) Arrive 2 nights earlier than originally planned and use the whole June 27 - July 4.

2) Keep the reservation and just arrive on June 29th as originally planned -- throwing away the first two nights, but getting exactly what you want. (This is a well-known, but seldom used, strategy in WorldMark.) Just be sure to call the resort a few days before arrival to inform about the late arrival.
Thanks. #1 woudln’t work because this is a split stay vacation where I”m spending the first 5 nights at Club Wyndham Oceanside Pier and then moving on to Anaheim for the second half of the trip. DIdn’t realize #2 was an option since I thought they would just cancel automatically if i didn’t check in on day 1, but good to know for the future.
 
Thanks. #1 woudln’t work because this is a split stay vacation where I”m spending the first 5 nights at Club Wyndham Oceanside Pier and then moving on to Anaheim for the second half of the trip. DIdn’t realize #2 was an option since I thought they would just cancel automatically if i didn’t check in on day 1, but good to know for the future.
I am not too sure about how in general #2 works - I know supposedly most resorts probably don't care as long as you let them know you're not a total no-show - you paid after all. But I feel a lot more comfortable leaving early than arriving 2 days late (i.e. getting there "after midnight" has to be somewhat common given travel randomness with planes etc, but 2 days late probably isn't. So I may not count on it in all situations.
 
DIdn’t realize #2 was an option since I thought they would just cancel automatically if i didn’t check in on day 1, but good to know for the future.
I am not too sure about how in general #2 works - I know supposedly most resorts probably don't care as long as you let them know you're not a total no-show - you paid after all.

There is a 48-hour limit to the check-in grace period

1788022291449.png
 
The "unwritten" rule makes perfect sense (someone in IT was actually thinking ahead, for a change), and that is what matters. Without it, some owners would quickly learn how to "game" the system to get a week or so jump on the 10-month reservation window for the "best" reservations still available at 10 months when points are points, and then modify (trim) the reservation to just the dates they want.

I had thought about this before, but just with a day or two at the front.

Since they only let you modify a reservation ONCE, and you can only add or subtract 3 nights from either side, this would not let someone get a week out of it in practice.

But yeah, i'm sure someone would definitely game the system
 
Top