• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Modify Dates Option - issues

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There was a modify name thread, which is a different issue than modify Dates so I thought I would start a new thread, as this has not been discussed for a while.

Are there known issues with the Modify Dates Option.

I get situations where it appears to work fine if there is NO dates available to add. Ok, nothing before or after, get this message.

1677194556734.png

But sometimes it says there is a date available, but in reality when selected you get the standard "Something unexpected just happened."

Before dates shown are available, however after dates shown are not. So why does it show them. Is it automatically showing 3 days prior and 3 days after your dates, even if they are NOT all available. Any ideas what it is actually doing?

1677194453247.png

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
This keeps happening to me as well. I waited on hold to talk with a rep. With one of my reservations he said it was because I already added a night before and therefore cannot add anymore- he was able to add it for me. However the other res shows availability and then gives the dreaded “Something unexpected has happened” and he says there is no availability. He had no answer as to why it is showing there is but said I can keep calling in!! No wonder there is such a long wait time. Makes no sense to me

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
From what I have observed and reported to Wyndham already on this issue - the Modify Dates function is experiencing the same room selection issue that we see when using the monthly availability calendar - when selecting a specific room size - the MAC doesn’t actually display availability for the room selection - it just shows general room availability for “all suites”. I ran several use case tests back in December when I reported this issue to Wyndham IT and from what I determined - the Modify Dates function also shows general availability for All Suites and does not actually display add-on dates for your existing room reservation size. This is why more often than not you get the “something unexpected” error. I tested this by selecting the same dates using the date range selection search and showing via screenshots that while I had a two bedroom unit - and the Modify Dates screen was showing additional dates as available - an actual date range search only showed studio or one bedrooms were available. It still hasn’t been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@HitchHiker71 that is the weird thing with this, if I do a search that includes the 16th (either 15 to 17 or 16 to 18) both scenarios show NO units at all. So screen should show just prior dates not after dates as NO units are showing available. I suppose that there could be 1 night each of the days which is not bookable but it is causing the issue, but if that is the case that is again bad programming. It should KNOW what room type I am in, as a matter of fact that message says your Suite Type when it fails to find anything. So that is clearly what was intended.

Still should NOT work that way. Does wyndham even have this on their backlog list?

Doc_Hozer

Reaction score
I had this issue even when their was availability. I cancelled my existing reservation and made a new one to include the additional days which is how I know it was available. Same room type and everything. It happened with the same trip at least twice but I was able to cancel and rebook.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
@HitchHiker71 that is the weird thing with this, if I do a search that includes the 16th (either 15 to 17 or 16 to 18) both scenarios show NO units at all. So screen should show just prior dates not after dates as NO units are showing available. I suppose that there could be 1 night each of the days which is not bookable but it is causing the issue, but if that is the case that is again bad programming. It should KNOW what room type I am in, as a matter of fact that message says your Suite Type when it fails to find anything. So that is clearly what was intended.

Still should NOT work that way. Does wyndham even have this on their backlog list?

Yes - it's on their backlog list for investigation and remediation. I'll check with my IT contacts and see where this item stands.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I had this issue even when their was availability. I cancelled my existing reservation and made a new one to include the additional days which is how I know it was available. Same room type and everything. It happened with the same trip at least twice but I was able to cancel and rebook.

This happens because your existing inventory reservation cannot be extended as opposed to a drop/add. The Modify Dates function doesn't perform a cancel/rebook when you use it. It's somehow looking at your existing reservation and attempting to ascertain if that specific inventory can be modified. In your case - there was another set of inventory available altogether - in these cases the Modify Dates function is not going to automagically cancel/rebook for you. I've run into this several times myself and have had chats with Wyndham IT about how the code actually works which is why I can speak to this item.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a modify name thread, which is a different issue than modify Dates so I thought I would start a new thread, as this has not been discussed for a while.

Are there known issues with the Modify Dates Option.

I get situations where it appears to work fine if there is NO dates available to add. Ok, nothing before or after, get this message.

View attachment 73502

But sometimes it says there is a date available, but in reality when selected you get the standard "Something unexpected just happened."

Before dates shown are available, however after dates shown are not. So why does it show them. Is it automatically showing 3 days prior and 3 days after your dates, even if they are NOT all available. Any ideas what it is actually doing?

View attachment 73501
Yes that's it. It will show ahead and behind. It may be that the unit is available on the other side, after your last date. And the ghost reservation. If you choose more than one then only one is available.i get both randomly.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well today after a week of offering me an upgrade that was always "Something unexpected just happened." Well something unexpected just did, it actually worked today and I added the last night I was after.

Sad, that when it works it is unexpected.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It appears you can only modify a reservation once on the front and once on the back. So what happens if 2 of the 3 days your need appears, if you book the 2 days the reservation can never be modified to pick up the third day in front.

Has anyone found a workaround on this. Does call in a change in reservation act the same way?

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears you can only modify a reservation once on the front and once on the back. So what happens if 2 of the 3 days your need appears, if you book the 2 days the reservation can never be modified to pick up the third day in front.

Has anyone found a workaround on this. Does call in a change in reservation act the same way?
Thanks for the info on this. I'm in a similar situation waiting on multiple days to become available and almost booked a 3-day addon in hopes of picking up another couple of days. Glad I didn't "pollute" that reservation unnecessarily :).

Looks like the strategy for your situation would be to book those leading 2 days as a separate reservation (hoping to not be moved from that unit midweek) and then hope for the additional day to be added to that new reservation in the future.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called in and asked, and they can't change it either.

I think @pagosajim your suggestion is the only viable work around. It would mean there was a chance you had to move rooms.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I called in and asked, and they can't change it either.

I think @pagosajim your suggestion is the only viable work around. It would mean there was a chance you had to move rooms.
I think there are very, very, few things that a VC or even owner care can do anymore. They used to have a lot more authorization and ability prior to voyager - IMO. I would hate to work for Wyndham corporate - no empowerment to the employees and it shows in their attitudes. No thank you, my favorite bosses were 'ask forgiveness not permission' type personalities.

As far as booking a 2nd reservation, versus adding the nights on with the one time feature -- I would call the resort and get a feel for how likely they are to combine your reservation.

I would never worry about moving at Bonnet Creek. They are amazing at keeping you in the same room. It would take a maintenance issue for you to have to move.

Conversely, Indio - I got no warm fuzzies they tried in the least bit to keep us from moving. We had to move midstay - and the place was not full. And I pretty much knew that when we walked in to checkin and started talking to them.

I think you can get an idea how each resort will handle multiple reservations by calling and talking to them.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I think there are very, very, few things that a VC or even owner care can do anymore. They used to have a lot more authorization and ability prior to voyager - IMO. I would hate to work for Wyndham corporate - no empowerment to the employees and it shows in their attitudes. No thank you, my favorite bosses were 'ask forgiveness not permission' type personalities.

As far as booking a 2nd reservation, versus adding the nights on with the one time feature -- I would call the resort and get a feel for how likely they are to combine your reservation.

I would never worry about moving at Bonnet Creek. They are amazing at keeping you in the same room. It would take a maintenance issue for you to have to move.

Conversely, Indio - I got no warm fuzzies they tried in the least bit to keep us from moving. We had to move midstay - and the place was not full. And I pretty much knew that when we walked in to checkin and started talking to them.

I think you can get an idea how each resort will handle multiple reservations by calling and talking to them.

Agreed- Owner Care is much more constrained today than they were in times past. Basically it seems like they are more or less using the same website/systems we're using as owners. I've also found that certain resorts are more friendly to keeping you in the same room when adjoining reservations are in play. Bentley Brook IME is able to do this well for example. Twice now I've had adjoining reservations at BB and have been able to stay in the same room for the entire stay.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Agreed- Owner Care is much more constrained today than they were in times past. Basically it seems like they are more or less using the same website/systems we're using as owners. I've also found that certain resorts are more friendly to keeping you in the same room when adjoining reservations are in play. Bentley Brook IME is able to do this well for example. Twice now I've had adjoining reservations at BB and have been able to stay in the same room for the entire stay.
Good point. Pre-voyager - the VC's and Owner Care did not use the same system we did. They were more backend-ish, if you will. And could do a lot more than us. Since voyager, we are on the same system - I'm not sure they have any override or advanced capabilities to speak of.

And YES! Bentley Brook is awesome - all the way around, they take good care of you! I would never hesitate to string a reservation or two along there.

I was able to combine a 2 bedroom presidential hearing impaired with a 2 bedroom presidential at Austin. I've been told it's already taken care of, and we haven't gone yet. She sounded very confident it was doable - I'll report back after we go. I am feeling good about it.