• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOC 2 Bdrm Ocean View Single vs. Double entry

Luvthebeach23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott KoOlina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Worldmark, WKORV
Very helpful! Thank you!

I spoke to a manager earlier today, she said the single entry is on the Hyatt side of Lahaina Tower, basically reiterating what 10spro said.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never been to MOC Lahaina/Napili Villas, but I will comment that I always prefer to take a Lock off Two Bedroom Villa versus a dedicated Two Bedroom Villa whenever I have the opportunity.

Why? Most lock offs have an extra refrigerator (although small) and microwave oven, and I find at times that both will sometimes come in very handy when having folks visit.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never been to MOC Lahaina/Napili Villas, but I will comment that I always prefer to take a Lock off Two Bedroom Villa versus a dedicated Two Bedroom Villa whenever I have the opportunity.

Why? Most lock offs have an extra refrigerator (although small) and microwave oven, and I find at times that both will sometimes come in very handy when having folks visit.

I think it depends. Often the dedicated units have 2 beds rather than the king (usually) or queen and a pullout for a lock off. The lock off also have the second access which can be good for adults and bad for kids. Also the beds in the second BR of a 3 BR can be smaller beds frequently doubles. For older resorts like Harbour Pointe and Monarch, the second BR has twin beds and they sleep 6. IMO it's important to investigate the options for a given resort and room type to avoid surprises.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to jump in but I have a related question. I have reserved a 2BR “dedicated” garden view in the Lahaina Villas. Someone had mentioned for example that 3211 and 5211 had great views. Is that series of rooms 1211, 2211, 3211, 4211, and 5211 the only “dedicated” 2 BR units? Or are there others?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
The Room 11 stack of units are the only dedicated 2BR units at Lahaina Villas (ie single door entry). All of the other 2BR units in Lahaina Villas are lockoffs. The Room 11 stack is one of the "view opportunities" where a higher floor in the Room 11 stack will have a very nice ocean view. The first six floors of Room 11 are MG and the next 6 floors are OV, so 6th floor is ideal. The next unit stack (Rooms 12/13) are all MG, so even going up to the 10th floor is MG. I hope you get one of these!

Best,

Greg

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Room 11 stack of units are the only dedicated 2BR units at Lahaina Villas (ie single door entry). All of the other 2BR units in Lahaina Villas are lockoffs. The Room 11 stack is one of the "view opportunities" where a higher floor in the Room 11 stack will have a very nice ocean view. The first six floors of Room 11 are MG and the next 6 floors are OV, so 6th floor is ideal. The next unit stack (Rooms 12/13) are all MG, so even going up to the 10th floor is MG. I hope you get one of these!

Best,

Greg
Thank you so much for that information. When I looked up the reservation in the Marriott website, it shows I have Island View in Napili Tower. I had spoken to someone at the Marriott in Maui yesterday, before knowing this, and he had said that for right now, all Lahaina Villas guests/owners have been placed in Napili because they are painting. Maybe that's why my reservation shows Napali?? Hopefully by December, they'll be painting Napili and my reservation gets changed back to Lahaina Villas. If anyone knows more about this, please jump in.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone at MOC. They said ZZAF is a two bedroom unit in Napili towers, Island View, and that ZZTS is the dedicated 2 BR garden view in Lahaina Villas. She said she had a list with view categories in front of her that she was looking at. (but, but, my TUGG experts say otherwise, LOL)

She said painting at Lahaina Villas is almost done, but it may be unlikely they will open up both towers unless occupancy dramatically increases. Napili is next to be painted, but even then they are not going to open up the Lahaina Villas unless occupancy demands it.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just spoke to someone at MOC. They said ZZAF is a two bedroom unit in Napili towers, Island View, and that ZZTS is the dedicated 2 BR garden view in Lahaina Villas. She said she had a list with view categories in front of her that she was looking at. (but, but, my TUGG experts say otherwise, LOL)

She said painting at Lahaina Villas is almost done, but it may be unlikely they will open up both towers unless occupancy dramatically increases. Napili is next to be painted, but even then they are not going to open up the Lahaina Villas unless occupancy demands it.
It would be good to confirm. This is what we have in the View list. IIRC, these were validated against Marriott.com

GMGH....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Garden View........1BR portion of 2BR unit.
IVMT....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Island View........1BR portion of 2BR unit.
OFOM....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean Front........1BR portion of 2BR unit.
TOMV....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean View.........1BR portion of 2BR unit.
ZZAF....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Garden View........2BR dedicated unit in Lahaina Tower.
TOVI....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Island View........2BR dedicated unit in Napili Tower.
THMV....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean Front........2BR portion of 3BR unit.
TOGA....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Garden View........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio in Lahaina Tower.
ZZTS....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Island View........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio in Napili Tower.
ZZTQ....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean Front........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
ZZTR....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean View.........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
ZZAO....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean Front........3BR unit that locks off in to 2BR and studio.
GMGZ....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Garden View........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
IVGT....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Island View........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
OFOG....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean Front........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
TOGV....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean View.........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
THGV....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Ocean Front........Studio portion of 3BR unit.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL I should have teleconferenced you in as my subject matter expert. I did mention TUGG and said various Marriott owners have complied a list. She was pretty firm that her list was correct. I saw a post from a few years back in this forum that ZZAF is in the Napili tower

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Last edited:

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Look at 7211. The legend indicates it's a 2 bedroom unit but appears as a unit with only one entry (only one room number). Hopefully this is helpful...
Lahaina Building
For those who are more familiar with this chart than I am... We're here at MOC now, Lanai 1BR oceanfront unit, orginally 2nd floor and we talked them up to 7th floor, could not be any better. Tomorrow is moving day to Lahaina/Napili 1BR oceanfront. We called today to ask if they can tell us where, and of course they cannot, but let it slip we will be on the first floor...omg, could there be anything worse than the first floor. Just got back from a quick property tour, first floor in Napili could be awful, but first floor Lahaina may be acceptable. The actual unit code from our II exchange is PLAT FXD OFRONT LAH2. I take that to mean Lahaina rather than Napili, so that's better news, and looking at the chart, I think it would put us around 7208? Am I reading the chart correctly?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
7000 is 7th floor, 8000 is 8th, etc. With the exception of fixed weeks, Interval and Marriott won’t specify floor/unit, just view and room type.

7208 would be the middle one bedroom OF of 2BR unit. Awesome level, over the trees but low enough to hear the surf.and with full length windows and open rails on the lanai for great view.

I own 7209-10 2BR in the corner. 3BR on the other side.

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading up on Maui for a trip in 2023. Greg wrote:
I need 2 - 2bedroom units. Are there more then 1- 2BR units in Lahaina Villas (single door entry) on each floor? We would like our units to be close to each other. So when choosing a view can I get 2 - stack 11 - 6 floor or up? Would it be better to get a single door entry and a 2 door entry? Also what is MG?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I have been reading up on Maui for a trip in 2023. Greg wrote:
I need 2 - 2bedroom units. Are there more then 1- 2BR units in Lahaina Villas (single door entry) on each floor? We would like our units to be close to each other. So when choosing a view can I get 2 - stack 11 - 6 floor or up? Would it be better to get a single door entry and a 2 door entry? Also what is MG?
Are you booking with points? If you book two MG designation units, you could request them to be on the same floor. One of them might be unit 11, but there really isn’t anything special or advantageous about the Single Entry Door — it’s more of an oddity in the building.

It’s more important to get two on the same floor and because there is a fair quantity of MG’s, you might be on the same floor. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Best,

Greg

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Does anyone know how accurate this map is? It's been kicking around for awhile, wasn't sure if it decades old and still accurate. I just got an II trade for HOBOF which is dedicated 1BR ocean front. I had this same trade a couple years ago and we were 8th floor Lanai tower. As I recall, it was a dedicated unit, but that doesn't match this map. I guess happy to be in any unit that's ocean front, not complaining, just wondering how accurate the map it, or was, or if something has changed.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
No changes that I’ve ever seen or read about. There are some 1BR OF listed here.looks like five in Lanai and a bunch in Molokai.

Last edited:

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I’m not aware of any dedicated 1BR OF in the new towers.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm in the old towers. The map doesn't match up with the prior 1BR I had ocean front Lanai 8th floor.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm in the old towers. The map doesn't match up with the prior 1BR I had ocean front Lanai 8th floor.
Sorry, saw that and made a bunch of edits, but don’t think they posted. Was it possible they gave you an 8th floor in Lanai that was part of a lockoff. Only dedicated that high are in Molokai.

frytard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Sorry, saw that and made a bunch of edits, but don’t think they posted. Was it possible they gave you an 8th floor in Lanai that was part of a lockoff. Only dedicated that high are in Molokai.
I must be remembering it wrong, had to be a lockoff that high in Lanai tower. Still, who's to complain with a 1BR at MOC.