• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moab

mcara00

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tamiment
Not a very experience poster on TUG. I followed a link on this weeks TUG email to a thread about Atlanta that also contained information on Moab area - seemed confusing (and I lost track of the post anyway) so I decided to start a new thread. Hope the posters who commented that they had seen the 3 southern Big 5 parks but not the ones near Moab will see this.

If you go to Arches and Canyonlands do not miss Dead Horse State Park. The views from Dead Horse SP are as good or better than Canyonlands and it is so easy to get to while on your way to Canyonlands from Moab. Also, don't expect a town like tourist Springdale near Zion if you go to Moab. Hotel prices are very high but it is not a quaint little tourist town. It has a busy main street with frequent mining trucks rumbling through town. Interesting place and decent restaurants - but definitely not quaint. Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse SP definitely worth the trip - all three just beautiful.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The entire Moab area is a hub of activity during the season. Motels and campgrounds there have been capitalizing on tourist dollars for decades. With the new Worldmark build there, a timeshare option will finally be available, but it will be very high-demand, and at very high-cost. But at least it's an option.

Moab and the local parks in that area as a destination are promoted worldwide, especially with the European market. I understand travel agency offices in Germany have posters on the walls saying "Visit Moab." The location is everything, and with no larger cities nearby, it's the destination everyone needs to stay in. Motel and shop owners win, and tourists who want to enjoy the area absorb those costs.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fun place, but kind of a victim of it's own popularity. Pretty spendy in season.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the high season for the area?
March/April through October. It would be cool toward the ends, and hot as Hades June-August. But it's a DRY heat! :)

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
March/April through October. It would be cool toward the ends, and hot as Hades June-August. But it's a DRY heat! :)

I’m thinking about an early October trip next year. I do not want to go when it is Hades like weather! Even though it’s a dry heat

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’m thinking about an early October trip next year. I do not want to go when it is Hades like weather! Even though it’s a dry heat

Too late in the year, and you might see snow. Plan accordingly.

Dave

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
October is one of the best times to visit the Moab area. Early October has highs in the low 80s. I prefer the second half of October when the highs are low-to-mid 70s. Watch the Moab weather this year to get an idea of the temperatures for the time you plan to be there.

Check the lunar calendar, and plan your trip to be in the park for the full moon rise. Drive to the Windows area of the park, take the short hike to the North Window Arch, and watch the moonrise through the arch. Then hike over to South Window and Turret arches on the way back to the parking lot.

Avoid Columbus Day weekend, and the Utah schools' fall break weekend.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
October is one of the best times to visit the Moab area. Early October has highs in the low 80s. I prefer the second half of October when the highs are low-to-mid 70s. Watch the Moab weather this year to get an idea of the temperatures for the time you plan to be there.

Check the lunar calendar, and plan your trip to be in the park for the full moon rise. Drive to the Windows area of the park, take the short hike to the North Window Arch, and watch the moonrise through the arch. Then hike over to South Window and Turret arches on the way back to the parking lot.

Avoid Columbus Day weekend, and the Utah schools' fall break weekend.

Thanks. I forgot all about Columbus Day weekend.

We are doing Zion this year in late September. I expect the weather to be similar in Moab and I will definitely be looking at Moab temperatures.

Since I qualify to buy my lifetime Senior National Park pass next month it’s time to visit and revisit the National Parks.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We‘re going to Moab Sept 30-Oct 10. I’m going for a work related conference, which is three half days, and decided to add a few days to the trip to make a vacation out of it.

Im planning on starting with a 4 day guided mountain bike camping trip on the White Rim Trail, which is a 100 mile Jeep road in Canyonlands NP. Then back to town for my conference, with afternoon mountain biking if it’s not too hot. Or maybe just some scenic driving if it’s hot. Then with do two days of morning mountain biking, one of which will be an instructional ride with a MTB instructor I met at a women’s MTB clinic in Mammoth Lake a few years ago. She lives in Moab, and we’ve kept in touch. She’s the best MTB instructor I’ve ever worked with- even got me riding some black diamond trails during the Mammoth clinic, which is totally out of character for me!

We went to Moab a few years ago, I wanted to check out the mountain biking. It’s got some pretty MTB cool trails.