• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missouri the new Timeshare Scam Capital?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
There's a ton of resorts in the Ozarks/Branson area and the the area is dominated by retirees who unfortunately have trouble keeping up with the push towards technology and new points systems. The exit teams take advantage of their frustration and it's just wrong....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
see if the link works now?

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Brian. That is me who is interviewed from BBB.

I have done a lot of work on timeshare exit companies. The AG office has two active cases against timeshare exit businesses located here, and I would expect more to come.

hrmoreau

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Brian. That is me who is interviewed from BBB.

I have done a lot of work on timeshare exit companies. The AG office has two active cases against timeshare exit businesses located here, and I would expect more to come.

I just want to say great job STLBBB. I wish that all your other offices around the country followed your lead in this. You are really helping people in a major way. Keep up the great work.

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to say great job STLBBB. I wish that all your other offices around the country followed your lead in this. You are really helping people in a major way. Keep up the great work.
Thank you for your kind words. I love what I do!

romeobink

Reaction score
A timeshare could work if you absolutely love a place and want to come back every year and possibly make it a family destination. For some this is great. For many other, they rather not be locked in forever and have to pay for something they may not snaptube vidmate word to pdf want to use.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
A timeshare could work if you absolutely love a place and want to come back every year and possibly make it a family destination. For some this is great. For many other, they rather not be locked in forever and have to pay for something they may not want to use.

Bingo! That's why we here on TUG try to tell people who are contemplating purchasing a TS to take their time and do research. Try renting before you buy if that is a possibility (which it usually is). And of course, your first two sentences are a rebuttal we give to the many TS detractors who plaster all over social media (including TUG) to never buy a TS.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So many companies like resort sales group, changing their name to resort transfer group selling the wrong thing and completely scamming people, it’s no wonder that the listings that the locations say “Missouri” on eBay are all wrong. If I see Missouri as the listing location I walk.

romeobink

Reaction score
A timeshare could work if you absolutely love a place and want to come back every year and possibly make it a family destination. For some this is great. For many other, they rather not be locked in forever and have to pay for something they may not snaptube vidmate word to pdf want to use.
The AG office has two active cases against timeshare exit businesses located here

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that this Square One in the article is resortsalesgroup on Ebay. There's a thread on TUG about RSG being a problem for people who buy their timeshares.