• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missouri AG goes after timeshare exit company!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
"A jury trial will be held next March 9th." Seems like justice delayed is justice denied. That is a long time.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a timeshare on ebay from this group.
Fortunately I paid by credit card and after much effort was able to get my money back.
They were very nice to talk to and always had a good reason for the delay
When I got close to the time that I either had to contest the charge or I might be too late to do so I pulled the plug
Even after I did so I still wondered whether if I had just stuck with them they might not have come through --yes they were that good
I was told by my credit card company that the timeshare company might oppose my refund on the grounds that they had put in either the the ad or the contract that they had longer than my dispute period to perform. I don't know if they did oppose my refund but the credit card company reversed the charges

My lessons learned:
Do not make a substantial ebay timeshare purchase unless I have checked out the seller on TUG
Always pay by credit card (cost me extra 3.5% but worth it)
Make sure I don't agree that the seller has an unreasonably long period to perform

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
"A jury trial will be held next March 9th." Seems like justice delayed is justice denied. That is a long time.
Covid-19 is delaying court dates as much eight (8) months to ten (10) months out in Virginia court system.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I read, it looks like these companies are also using the unwitting foreclosure method.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like they have several ebay auctions going right now

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a great summary of what to do. He did everything except mention TUG--talked about the resale market, not giving $$ upfront to exit companies, making sure they act quickly to rescind. Those tips at the bottom were very encouraging.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That's a great summary of what to do. He did everything except mention TUG--talked about the resale market, not giving $$ upfront to exit companies, making sure they act quickly to rescind. Those tips at the bottom were very encouraging.
I wouldn't expect a state attorney general's office to call out any specific private entity, like TUG, to help people with their timeshare. Their advice is general in nature...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nice to see a judgement for sure, very saddened that it was only for 700k worth of restitution. I have to imagine they collected FAR more than that during the course of this scam.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
nice to see a judgement for sure, very saddened that it was only for 700k worth of restitution. I have to imagine they collected FAR more than that during the course of this scam.
It appears that the legal action only pertains to Missouri operations and activities. The prohibition on offering timeshare exit services is limited to Missouri. They are still free to conduct business in other states. If the scope of the action is limited to Missouri, it's possible the $700,000 restitution is based on losses to Missouri residents only.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as I understood it (at least from my time working with the Florida ags office)....the amount of restitution is based on how many verifiable complaints were filed etc.

this was why we always stressed filing a complaint with your local AGs office and the state the company worked in so that if a case ever came about, you and the amount you were scammed would be included!

chaparrusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village at bonaventure , sheraton vistana orlando ,
there is a scam going on at Ebay. Travel4you5 is the seller but it has had different names, it posts amazing units from Disney to Marriotts all high season and the bidding closes real fast 3 days usually. the reputation is excellent with more than 700 buyers, but it is build upon other type of items, like a $1 collecting cards. if you are greedy you will fall right in the trap, i have seen most bids going above the $3.000's . i remember something seeing something similar about a year ago and the seller just vanished. i'm thinking it is the same one.
i have been thinking about posting a topic here.