• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missing St Thomas

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
So here I sit. It's a balmy 34 degrees on Long Island today. We are in for another storm that's predicted to last 36 hours and drop 5-9 inches again. I'm really tired of parking way out in the lot because people have nothing to do but shop and realizing when I get to the door that I forgot my mask. I was sure that when I paid $400 to have my snowblower repaired that it wouldn't snow for at least the next 5 years. I'm bordering on alcoholism because every night I have a couple of shots of Bourbon before dinner. I'm tired of take out even though it's pretty good.

I should be sitting on Lindquist beach watching the sun come up in 80 degrees and deciding which part of the reef I'm going to snorkel today. Maybe I'll get to follow a 'ray or see couple of'cudas. I should be contemplating if we are going to Oceana or Virgilios for dinner. Maybe my Granddaughter will find a Starfish on the beach today.

Then I thank heaven that I'm not down in Texas where folks are just trying to stay alive with freezing temps with no heat. Puts things in perspective quickly.

fdough1

Reaction score
So here I sit. It's a balmy 34 degrees on Long Island today. We are in for another storm that's predicted to last 36 hours and drop 5-9 inches again. I'm really tired of parking way out in the lot because people have nothing to do but shop and realizing when I get to the door that I forgot my mask. I was sure that when I paid $400 to have my snowblower repaired that it wouldn't snow for at least the next 5 years. I'm bordering on alcoholism because every night I have a couple of shots of Bourbon before dinner. I'm tired of take out even though it's pretty good.

I should be sitting on Lindquist beach watching the sun come up in 80 degrees and deciding which part of the reef I'm going to snorkel today. Maybe I'll get to follow a 'ray or see couple of'cudas. I should be contemplating if we are going to Oceana or Virgilios for dinner. Maybe my Granddaughter will find a Starfish on the beach today.

Then I thank heaven that I'm not down in Texas where folks are just trying to stay alive with freezing temps with no heat. Puts things in perspective quickly.

I am headed to STT on March 2nd staying at the Cove...can’t wait as I sit here watching the snowfall in Baltimore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got some good news with a client cancelling with me in April. Now I can use and not have to rent or cancel my stay in St Thomas at the Ritz Carlton Club ! Airfares are low !

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
We are headed there late April with my daughter and her family.
I am very blessed to be in Florida where it is 80 and sunny right now although it is to go through my mom's things..who passed away in October. Tried in January but my MIL became ill so we flew home and she passed away.
It has been a horrible year of losing people. Like many we really need a peaceful vacation!

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived in St.Thomas on Saturday. I got the PCR test and registered on the USVI travel portal. The portal approval process was amazingly quick (minutes). Probably took 30 min to get into the terminal after deplaning. They have screening line for the required neg virus test and USVI travel portal approval paperwork which both of which need to be printed and ready for review. It seemed that the line was efficiently run and moved right along. The reason it took so long was that there were 4 planes all arriving, and as is my luck, we were plane 4;). Once in, the baggage was delivered promptly. Lots of people at the Cove but hard to really judge to what capacity. They are doing curbside checkin. Place looks great. Sailing charters are picking up at pier and one water taxi to town is running. Drove by Havensight, and as you might expect is almost completely shuddered. I haven’t gone into town so can’t report on that but assume that it’s open because of the water taxI is running. We made a trip to the grocery and it was well stocked. Public beaches close at 4PM on weekends (does not include the Cove) but regular hours on all other days (this is because science says the virus becomes more contagious after that 4PM on weekends at the outdoor beach). Seems most of the restaurants are open. Got a nice end unit on 4th floor of Virgin Gorda, which is pretty good for being an interval trader. I always ask for Tortola but since so many owners using their weeks do also, I ask to make the priority a high floor / end unit Rather than a specific building.

fdough1

Reaction score
Thanks for the thorough update...can’t wait for our arrival tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived in St.Thomas on Saturday. I got the PCR test and registered on the USVI travel portal. The portal approval process was amazingly quick (minutes). Probably took 30 min to get into the terminal after deplaning. They have screening line for the required neg virus test and USVI travel portal approval paperwork which both of which need to be printed and ready for review. It seemed that the line was efficiently run and moved right along. The reason it took so long was that there were 4 planes all arriving, and as is my luck, we were plane 4;). Once in, the baggage was delivered promptly. Lots of people at the Cove but hard to really judge to what capacity. They are doing curbside checkin. Place looks great. Sailing charters are picking up at pier and one water taxi to town is running. Drove by Havensight, and as you might expect is almost completely shuddered. I haven’t gone into town so can’t report on that but assume that it’s open because of the water taxI is running. We made a trip to the grocery and it was well stocked. Public beaches close at 4PM on weekends (does not include the Cove) but regular hours on all other days (this is because science says the virus becomes more contagious after that 4PM on weekends at the outdoor beach). Seems most of the restaurants are open. Got a nice end unit on 4th floor of Virgin Gorda, which is pretty good for being an interval trader. I always ask for Tortola but since so many owners using their weeks do also, I ask to make the priority a high floor / end unit Rather than a specific building.

We were on St. Thomas a few weeks ago and are returning Thursday. Tool less then two minutes to be approved after uploading negative COVID results for first trip. I uploaded results early this AM for our Thursday departure and still waiting on approval.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I just wanted to say hi from Long Island here too! It’s been a rough winter! I have canceled St. Thomas for our spring break two years in a row now. It makes me so sad! But lots to be thankful for. I also booked a couple of weeks in Hawaii using my weeks in Interval for August! Hoping it all works out!

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don’t want to go all the way to St. Thomas I suggest just running down the road to HHI.

We’ve been here since 12/31. Mixed weather but when you have bicycles and the beach I won’t complain. Sometimes it has been stocking caps and gloves. Today it was capris and shirtsleeves.

After weeks of lovely weather we had a string of foggy rain. No problem with this. DH has his research and writing, I have my sewing. I’m now stitching quilt #9.

After 20 years going to Ocean Pointe we opted for Grande Ocean. We knew weather would be mixed so there’s no regrets from unfulfilled expectations. It’s so mellow here. It has been just wonderful.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HHI sounds great! we have done many memorable shoulder season and even winter retreats there. But never for that long. You can most often add a layer and walk or ride.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sitting on the beach missing the iceberg! I think I’ll request they replace it. Can’t hurt, right!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just lucked out with a WSJ reservation for Memorial Day week!

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just lucked out with a WSJ reservation for Memorial Day week!
Wow! Congrats. Are you willing to share details? How long was your request in for? I’ve always wanted to go there but have had alternate locations confirmed first. Maybe I need to put it all on WSJ and let it play out

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Wow! Congrats. Are you willing to share details? How long was your request in for? I’ve always wanted to go there but have had alternate locations confirmed first. Maybe I need to put it all on WSJ and let it play out
It was a star options booking not interval. I would put it all on WSJ and let it play out! It can be done.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you New Yorkers get to travel there real soon. :cool:

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Taking a lot longer to get approved for entry into St. Thomas. Submitted info. yesterday 8:00 AM eastern time for both my wife & I. She was approved 11:00 AM and I am still waiting. Took less then two minutes to both get approved three weeks ago. Website says up to 48 hours but this is the final piece of the puzzle and I want it finished !

Mark

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, will be nice to have everything done! safe travels

fdough1

Reaction score
Update: Wife and I arrived Tuesday. COVID check at the airport was fast and efficient with hardly any wait. Cove is as we remember it with (I would guess 60% or so occupancy). Some stuff still shutdown but can’t outweigh the beautiful warm weather.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Wife and I arrived Tuesday. COVID check at the airport was fast and efficient with hardly any wait. Cove is as we remember it with (I would guess 60% or so occupancy). Some stuff still shutdown but can’t outweigh the beautiful warm weather.

Flying into the Caribbean, Tuesday thru Thursday is normally slower than the weekend. Please enjoy your vacation in beautiful STT.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Would love to be there--no availability till late August.........so many points to use and can even be flexible but only single days here and there............Frenchman's cove.....guessing it is social distancing/also own at Harborside where there is availability now but understand no restaurants open and occupancy at 20%--At FC not a problem due to grills--

Last edited: