• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Michael Thurmand 6 Week Body Makeover

jazzeaw

Reaction score
Is anyone doing the Michael Thurmand 6 Week Body Makeover? I paid the 140 for it and got it and am trying it but it is not too easy. I have looked at their forums and I was just curious if any tuggers were doing it and how it went. My biggest problem is we go out to eat alot and that is not good for any diet and seems hard to do on this one.

thanks

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I tried it and felt it was good for me ... you eat 5 times a day with protein in each meal, lots of water, lots of veggies, no added salt or sugar. The forum is great help as you work the program. I didn't find it too hard in restaurants, but used that excuse too (don't we all?). If your mind is made up to do something and make it work, it will work. Thurman is quite respected in that industry, and was a regular on one of the 'Makeover' shows last year. I found it a little boring, but encouraged that it worked and taught you a lot on how to manage food intake better than the 'package' diets like Jenny Craig. Good luck. It's a tough road on any diet with rather poor long term success rates - I stopped the Thurman diet about 2 years ago and almost all of it has crept back. :(

Last edited:

redkayak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I completed my 6 weeks about 3 weeks ago and lost 27 pounds. My body had a hard time adjusting to something as I was frequently getting dizzy during the 2nd and 3rd week. After that I tweaked the diet so I only ate 3 times a day but ate larger portions. I would also eat out once a week and started having 1 can of diet coke at night. This did help in the frequency of the dizzy spells but didn't alleviate them completely. I continued to lose weight and after 6 weeks I went off it completely. I still eat some of the meals as I got the cookbook and ran many of the recipes off the web site. I have been staying within 2 pounds of what I lost so I am happy about that. I feel you can fail big time with this plan if you don't have access to their web site and cook the various recipes that don't come with the ordered materials. Steak and rice several times a day gets old rather quickly. Now that I am done I'm glad I stuck to it as I lost more weight than I thought I would, but there was some rough sailing during that period!