• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MGV or Cypress Harbour, best chance for newer unit?

DebbieF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have read up on these boards the differences in both-but if I am going to do an II getaway for next Nov., and if I have a choice for either one-which would you say I have more of a chance to get a refurbished unit? Will need a 2 bedroom, location doesn't matter. Thanks!:)

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you really are asking, but I'm guessing you really mean to ask which resort will give you the better shot at a nice/new unit.

Cypress Harbour has had all of their units refurbished, but they aren't all new by any means. The resort has been around since the 90s. Grande Vista has a combination of brand new units and some that are much older and are in different states for refurbishing. I've stayed at both several times and have never had a "bad" unit at either location. Many folks have stayed at Grande Vista in units before being refurbished and haven't been very happy.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Cypress Harbour's refurbishment is grand! We love the new interiors. :) Grande Vista has a lot of "older" new units now, and they aren't nearly as impressive as they once were.

People are slobs in timeshares. They spill on carpet and upholstery and don't clean it up. Our Grande Vista unit in May was not terrible, but that gorgeous carpet had so many stains, and some were bright red, like kool aid or fruit punch.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in a non-refurbished condo at Cypress Harbour and it was still very very nice. I personally prefer Cypress Harbour to Grand Vista. Debby

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We were in a non-refurbished condo at Cypress Harbour and it was still very very nice. I personally prefer Cypress Harbour to Grand Vista. Debby

Me too! Love the lake and the beautiful white sand and the pools. We love to walk around the lake during the evening hours.