• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MGO - Bronze owners please

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still in the "Marriott owner process" with the purchase of my MGO, oceanfront bronze. Deed was recorded July 28, and Marriott has now had info since August 19th, but not recorded. I cannot join II until ownership is recognized, I am wondering what my MGO Bronze might pull for the end of the year, in flexchange, not looking for a miracle, just curious where we might be able to travel. Private messages are welcome, if that works better, or direct email at Postcard64@aol.com. Thanks, Lisa in VA

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Although I'm a GO owner, it's likely that almost any Marriott owner can give you as good (or better) an answer than mine. Bronze weeks are at the bottom of the Marriott trading chain. Add the fact that you'll be depositing with only about 60 days (or less) before check-in and you're right, Flexchange is your best bet. If you do deposit less than 60 days before you want to travel, Flexchange will be your only option.

In Flexchange, you'll see the same available weeks as a Platinum GO week that is deposited with II at the same time as yours. That's because most of the comparable exchange filters are removed at 59 days before the dates you want to travel.

Thus, it will be luck of the draw as to what you can see. Your options for Christmas week and the following week might be few, but do some searching in the wee hours (e.g., 4:00 - 5:00 a.m. Eastern time) once you get within 59 days and you might have fantastic success. It all depends on what is deposited on any given day and whether you get it before someone else does.

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave,
I know my options will be slim to none, and I was privvy of that when I purchased my "deal on Ebay", but we are really an "open" family. I am a Travel Consultant (18 years AMEX agent) so I have had to drag my family on FAM trips, off season adventures in hurricane rain, cruise inspections, etc.... they know this timeshare purchase is an adventure. If we had wanted a slope side retreat in Vail or villa on St.John, we would have sold the house by now! If I can grab a great trade, then Super, if not....I will not be on TUG complaining, I purchased a MGO bronze for $1700, HELLOOOO.
L

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a quick, very quick, look using my Barony set for January 1, 2010, which should be comparable to your MGO bronze, and saw what was available beginning October 1, 2008. Lots of good things. Plenty of lock-offs but also 1 and 2 bedrooms at Aruba Ocean Club and Surf Club, Palm Desert I and II, and even the Maui Ocean Club. I'm sure that there are many more. You should be very happy.

Despite what others say, my bronze has been an outstanding trader and I have never used it during flexchange.

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill,
Do you see anything in your crystal ball??? :)))
We are so open, last year between Christmas and New Year's, we were in London, the year before, Virginia Beach. Does not matter to us, as long as we are not home to watch the Christmas tree needles fall all over the carpet.
L

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve!!!
If I just had an II number, I would be searching. Appreciate your taking the time to scope it out for me!
Lisa

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve,
Private message would not go through for some reason, but we are 35 minutes from Virginia Tech.

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're in the country then? The drive down to VT from NoVA in the Fall is spectacular.

The secret with a bronze week is to be flexible. Plan far in advance. We have traded back into the Barony with the bronze for a Labor Day week and were given a top floor ocean front. We are going to Shadow Ridge the second week in December this year with the bronze, and last November we traded for a one-bedroom at the Royal Islander in Cancun with the bronze. Our silver Barony, which trades as a red, is even better. One year it got us into the Barony July 4th week. We have been to Maui with it as well and traded into the Aruba Ocean Club, where we also own, twice with the silver.

Enjoy.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Our silver Barony, which trades as a red, is even better. One year it got us into the Barony July 4th week. We have been to Maui with it as well and traded into the Aruba Ocean Club, where we also own, twice with the silver.

Do you remember if this was within flexchange or had you put in an on-going request. If so, how far in advance did you place the request?

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
Julie:

It wasn't flexchange. I have never used flexchange to book my weeks. I usually tried a year or so in advance, and I requested a whole block of possible weeks like from the end of June to the end of August.

I just looked at my history on II, and I saw that it was in 2002 and it was actually the week beginning July 6th, which is sort of the July 4th weekend.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Julie:

It wasn't flexchange. I have never used flexchange to book my weeks. I usually tried a year or so in advance, and I requested a whole block of possible weeks like from the end of June to the end of August.

I just looked at my history on II, and I saw that it was in 2002 and it was actually the week beginning July 6th, which is sort of the July 4th weekend.

Thanks a lot. That is helpful.

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say my Bronze GO week pulled almost nothing except during flex change. I like the others would request blocks of weeks for entire summer a year in advance. I never got a trade with it.

I ended up selling it for what I paid for it and have moved on.

For me it was a disappointing trader - except during flex change. I hated to part with it, as it was a cheap week - that was good in flex change. I however plan my vacations so far in advance, I don't have time off work avail at a moments notice (flex change).

Hope yours trades better than mine did.