• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mexico - Luxurious Resorts

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
Recommendations re upscale trade ins through II? Room tips for Cabo Azul?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Recommendations re upscale trade ins through II? .......

Grand Luxxe - Vidanta - Nuevo Vallarta & Riviera Maya
will cost a $900 resort fee + trade cost & home resort MF

various room combinations from studios to 4 bedrooms with 4000+ square feet
not all inclusive but lots of on resort restaurant options.

these are developer deposits (essential - that is why there is a resort fee).
TUG members with II wil usually post in sightings when there is a significant number of units deposited
by the developer.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Grand Solmar at Land's End is a great trade.

I think at Cabo Azul you would at least want a 2 bedroom. Many 1 bedrooms are in the rear of the resort and don't have any kind of view,

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
At Cabo Azul we like the 1 and 2 Bedroom Units overlooking the Serenity Adult only Pool. No ocean view or view of the large pool. But we love the peacefulness of this location. The main pool and beach are only a short walk away.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Solmar at Land's End is a great I.I. trade and they are building another upscale project, Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas about 15 minutes north. I often see it in I.I. It looks luxurious, but know the resort is still under (active?) construction.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Solmar at Land's End is a great I.I. trade and they are building another upscale project, Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas about 15 minutes north. I often see it in I.I. It looks luxurious, but know the resort is still under (active?) construction.
Just came back from there. No construction going on now. We were told construction will start again in July

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
We have stayed at Grand Solmar Lands End [lucky to have exchanged a Studio for a 3BR in Dec-2019].
Easily the best room with a view we have ever stayed at. On the beach waking up to flying mantis with views of both Sunrise & Sunset.
Don't think we will be that lucky again.

Right now we are at Grand Solmar - Rancho San Lucas.
Just as luxurious as Lands-End but set back quite a distance from the ocean.
They have 2 water slides and a rope jump with very large pools [almost water-park like].
Parking and WiFi is free. No room keys. All doors require an App to unlock.
We have 2 x 2BR-Units for the 6 of us.
  • 1 2BR-Presidential overlooking the pool and ocean [nice view with ~2000-Sqft]. No-Oven.
  • 1 2BR-Penthouse facing the ocean [not so nice view but great sunsets ~3000-Sqft]. With Oven.
Very luxurious, well equipped and maintained facilities.
Both units have NO Dishwasher and NO Laundry [Laundromat at the bottom of each building].
Staff and customer service is excellent. Valet parking is quick and responsive. Daily room cleaning is included.
COVID tests provided on-site with a fee of $23/PP.

We are about 15 minutes drive from the downtown Marina.
They do provide a free shuttle that runs every hour to Lands-End from 10:00am to 10:00pm.

Have also in the past stayed in a 2BR-Unit at Westin Los Cabos [Los Cabos corridor] that requires a drive to the Marina.
Have stayed twice in 3BR-Units at Las Residencias [Los Cabos corridor] which is very luxurious but secluded with On-Balcony pools + dedicated pool for each building.

Would stay at any one of the above again with Lands-End rated as the best.

Will have more info on Vista Encantada [2 x 4BR-Units] where we will be staying at this July.

Last edited:

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
We have stayed at Grand Solmar several times but rented through Redweek as we could never match through II. Any hints for getting a great room - one time we were on the ground floor with kids pool directly in front of us. The Grand Solmar Rancho seems to be isolated. We are a couple traveling without children. Is the Rancho more for families? Do you anticipate construction noise at this location.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
We have stayed at Grand Solmar several times but rented through Redweek as we could never match through II. Any hints for getting a great room - one time we were on the ground floor with kids pool directly in front of us. The Grand Solmar Rancho seems to be isolated. We are a couple traveling without children. Is the Rancho more for families? Do you anticipate construction noise at this location.
There are a few kids but not more than usual as we have witnessed at other resorts.
Although there's a huge mound of dirt right beside us with construction equipment we haven't heard anything.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I think the Villa del Palmar Flamingos , VDP Arco and VDP Loreto trade in II. I wouldn't call these top of the heap luxury but they are very opulent.

The Mote Cristo Estates are pretty nice villas. I'm not sure where they trade.

I recently made a trade into the Grand Lux. I used a 1 bed Mexico unit. The fees were $149 exchange fee and $249 resort fee. There is also another $75 resort usage fee and something like $30 a day to park the rental car.

Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay is a really beautiful resort.

Bill

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
Agree about VDP properties they are about 3x better than average Marriott, Hilton, SPG resorts in USA - 2x/daily maid service, massive rooms, etc.