• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mexico Destination Club Hotel Xcaret

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Xcaret, Mexico Destination Club
XCaret Mexico Vacation Club & Organized Crime

Notwithstanding some of the declining service standards over the past few years - the greatest risk to visiting XCaret, Arte or Playa is the criminal predators they have allowed onto the property, and into the lives of its guests. Even if you attend the property I would strong ADVISE AVOIDING THE XCARET MEXICO VACATION CLUB AT ALL COSTS. They are located within the central pyramid.

We used to adore this resort and brought many members of our family there several times. We had a very disappointing sales experience after being encouraged to check out their Vacation Club. We were very cautious -- but we trusted Miguel Quintana Pali (the managing partner) and the XCaret brand. This was a VERY COSTLY MISTAKE in many ways.

At the 'sales' event we finally agreed to purchase. That was 6 months ago. We have been met with nothing but surprise blackout periods, surprise fees, limits, conditions, complexity and poor service at every turn. We have been contacted on the telephone by representatives of the XCaret club to 'go over the member benefits' so many times (at least every month). One of those calls resulted to another 90 minute sales pitch to per-purchase more future value. The phone rang every few weeks with another 'offer', and more and more sales pitches. It was exhausting.

THE VERY POOR VALUE IS NOT THE BIGGEST ISSUE. XCaret has opened itself up to organized crime through their vacation club 'program'. Fraudsters will STEAL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION and begin contacting you through every channel to make special offers, go over your membership, confirm some booking or claim to be taking hotel bookings at discounted rates. They know EVERYTHING about you and your contract ... and will gain your trust by using it. On top of the $25,000 we invested (which we continue to make payments on under a lock tight and almost completely useless contract ), we lost another $8000 recently because we tried to book at Arte for Christmas. A criminal intercepted us and took the booking instead of the official reservations phone number.

And for the 3rd of 4th time since we become members, the hotel & vacation club staff were utterly indifferent. I contacted them to confirm the room details and discovered the fraud. I was made to feel stupid, and they never called me back as they promised. I was just another nameless, faceless dollar bill to them as well.

I cannot describe how much this whole experience has hurt me and my family. This was a trusted place to come together once per year -- and they allowed us to be victimized repeatedly. They turned on us in a way that abused our trust, our enthusiasm for the property, for what Miguel created and for Mexico. Miguel and Xcaret initially taught our family about the rich culture in Mexico. I read his book and we discussed it together as a family. We went to the cultural shows. We grew to understand the beauty of the country through his eyes. But that is done now. We are all profoundly sad, financially set back and will likely never return to Mexico again.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Its interesting how this resort creates a lot of new member posts.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@RicksinSD hasn't been on since October 28, 2022 so I doubt you will hear from him/her..........

The user has the look of a scammer / poser. Who creates and account in order to drop 1 positive comment about a timeshare, and then never comes back again? Our experience with Xcaret has been very poor. We are out $58K Canadian (about $40K USD) and don't expect to get any meaningful benefit from the property. The fraud is in what they say VS what is in the contract. Virtually everything was a lie. It has taken my wife and I 9 months of trying to use our membership to realize it. Everything is an extra cost, hidden fee, restriction or flat out doesn't exist.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its interesting how this resort creates a lot of new member posts.
Right!?! Who creates and account in order to drop 1 positive comment about a timeshare, and then never comes back again? Scammer seeking to muddy the water.