• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] VIP Downgrade letter

Xcalibur

Reaction score
In a perfect world sales should be held accountable for the lies and deception. Unfortunately most buyers are to blame for not doing their own due diligence.
Buyers aren't to blame. It's not a level playing field. They are being lied and conned. And then Wyndham backs the liars or plays ignorance.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
@chapjim So it is ok that Wyndham is changing a feature that took us to VIPP? Our EOY contracts were already included in our membership when we then moved to VIPF. Our case is similar but different. Our EOY contracts were acquired many years ago. Adding a small contract in 2021 took us to founders. Why did a 325K EOY could as 325k towards VIPP? No idea, but it did and as of today does. No argument that going forward NEW purchases would not. The issue is the same as every other recent Wyndham change. They are removing benefits that we were TOLD we would have. I'm very interested learning what other owners are being told. It seems like Bob & I are the only ones on TUGG impacted. Another case of bad will towards current owners
we've been affected as well. we bought many, many years ago and were encouraged to buy it as it would get us VIPG.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Actually, you were UPGRADED by Wyndham and now you are getting EXACTLY what you are paying for.
you could say that but if an owner was getting exactly what they paid, the VIP privileges wouldn't be changing. Wyndham changes the rules all the time. That is what everyone is paying for.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’m a VIP owner. I’m getting exactly what I’m paying for. I knew Wyndham could change the benefits when I signed the contract. I’m not surprised, or angry, that they did so. I’m glad they’re closing loopholes that allowed those with EOY contracts to get the same benefits for roughly half the MF costs. I’m glad they’re closing loopholes that allowed some to attain millions of points to run rental businesses that reduced the number of units available to owners that followed the rules. We should all be playing by the same rules. And before you say Wyndham isn’t playing by the rules; there is one name on the resorts I stay in when I vacation. It isn’t mine, it’s Wyndham. They own the resorts. The contract says they make the rules and they can change the rules at any time. I signed that contract and if you’re an owner, so did you.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
there is one name on the resorts I stay in when I vacation. It isn’t mine, it’s Wyndham. They own the resorts.

Minor nit to pick, Wyndham manages the resorts. It is true that they are also an owner, to varying degrees at the various resorts. Their ownership is no different though than yours or mine though. Their 154,000 point contract votes in the same manner at the yearly HOA meeting as mine does.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
At most resorts, mainly at the nicer resorts and at prime locations, Wyndham controls the majority of points through their ownership and proxy voters. Wyndham always have a resort manager on the board along with someone from Wyndham corporate, and a token owner, so what Wyndham wants, Wyndham gets. I consider it a conflict of interest, but that's just my opinion.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Minor nit to pick, Wyndham manages the resorts. It is true that they are also an owner, to varying degrees at the various resorts. Their ownership is no different though than yours or mine though. Their 154,000 point contract votes in the same manner at the yearly HOA meeting as mine does.
Who has the ability to make and change rules? Oh, and by the way, decide who can actually be an owner? Wyndham can cancel your ownership. You can’t cancel theirs.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer nor did I spend the night at Holiday Inn last night, so here goes. I wonder if by Wyndham cancelling someone's ownership without recourse sets precedence for an owner to cancel their ownership without recourse.

WManning

Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer nor did I spend the night at Holiday Inn last night, so here goes. I wonder if by Wyndham cancelling someone's ownership without recourse sets precedence for an owner to cancel their ownership without recourse.
LOL! Your logic makes for a good argument but all a owner has to do is walk away and stop paying to cancel the ownership. Or a owner can give back to Wyndham and they will gladly take back ownership for nothing with certified exit. Thats only if its paid in full.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of new owners who want to terminate their contract after they realizes they were lied to and are willing to lose their down payment, etc. It worth losing a down payment if one really wants out. But there is some sort of recourse for the owner, whereas Wyndham can terminate a contract at any time for any reason without recourse.