• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Recent email announcement: Your Club Wyndham Website Update Is Coming

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
IMHO it will change - by going up….

I think it will either stay the same at least in the near term once implemented, or it may even decrease for online bookings. The pattern to date for Club Wyndham is that online transactions typically cost less than phone transactions. Since booking Club Pass is a phone transaction at present - if Wyndham wants to encourage online Club Pass reservations once implemented - they will charge less for online transactions vs phone transactions that require a live person to fulfill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Yea that makes absolutely no sense to me. If you are booking something online without needing to staff a call center, why does it cost $99? You are using the retail points that you already paid tens to hundreds of thousands for. It doesn't cost Wyndham anything to let you book Worldmark with your Club Wyndham points. When comparing Wordmark resale vs Club Wyndham retail, it still costs MORE money just to book Worldmarks with Club Wyndham points, not including the buy in costs.

I'm 33 years old and I could see the long term benefit of PICing to Bronze/Silver for $10k-20k if you plan on using it for 30+ years. You could access all of the Worldmarks with your PIC points (which I see as a benefit on its own). However, adding a $99 fee each time you book Worldmark makes it so Club Pass isn't even a retail benefit at that point.

My understanding is that Wyndham was constrained against allowing free exchanges into WorldMark resorts contractually as they are merely managing that system and it was mature when they took over. I’m not positive whether they were sued and lost, but wouldn’t be terribly surprised.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I think it will either stay the same at least in the near term once implemented, or it may even decrease for online bookings. The pattern to date for Club Wyndham is that online transactions typically cost less than phone transactions. Since booking Club Pass is a phone transaction at present - if Wyndham wants to encourage online Club Pass reservations once implemented - they will charge less for online transactions vs phone transactions that require a live person to fulfill.

I would have to go back and see how it’s covered in the TENS agreement. I’m not positive it’s as simple as just covering Wyndham costs.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Wyndham was constrained against allowing free exchanges into WorldMark resorts contractually as they are merely managing that system and it was mature when they took over. I’m not positive whether they were sued and lost, but wouldn’t be terribly surprised.
If ever there was a fake news post, this is it. Sued and lost? Wherever did that idea come from?

The Exchange Network (TEN) idea originated with WorldMark. It was/is a program developed by Wyndham. Wyndham can change the rules at anytime (no lawsuit involved). Wyndham decided to change TEN from a limited number of units at a limited number of resorts with free exchanges to most all the units and resorts in WorldMark and Club Wyndham for a $99 exchange fee. It is that simple.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pattern to date for Club Wyndham is that online transactions typically cost less than phone transactions. Since booking Club Pass is a phone transaction at present - if Wyndham wants to encourage online Club Pass reservations once implemented - they will charge less for online transactions vs phone transactions that require a live person to fulfill.
Or, since Club Pass was designed as a revenue generator from the beginning and online booking was not possible, phone reservations will increase to $129 and online will be $99, preserving the pattern that online transactions typically cost less than phone transactions.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Or, since Club Pass was designed as a revenue generator from the beginning and online booking was not possible, phone reservations will increase to $129 and online will be $99, preserving the pattern that online transactions typically cost less than phone transactions.

Yes, that is also just as likely. Point being that if they want to encourage one behavior over another - make sure that preferred behavior costs less - and is not difficult to perform from a self-service standpoint.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I cannot log into my account, and that is frustrating. I get the code sent to my email and enter it, and I get this message:

There was an error retrieving your account details. Please contact a Club Wyndham representative at 800-251-8736

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I called Wyndham about no contracts showing, missing owner names, no access to RCI, and reservations not showing online. They told me it is a known issue and IT is working on it. They verified our spring break reservations are all still there, though. Thank goodness.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I cannot log into my account, and that is frustrating. I get the code sent to my email and enter it, and I get this message:

There was an error retrieving your account details. Please contact a Club Wyndham representative at 800-251-8736

Try the usual - clear browser cache - try different browsers - across different devices. If none of this works - time to call Wyndham unfortunately.

Jlb1234

Reaction score
I still haven’t been able to log on since the update. I get an error something unexpected happened after I enter the code. I’ve tried clearing history, logging on different devices, using my husbands account, resetting password- you name it I tried it.
I called several times and yesterday they reset the 2 step authentication.. stilldidn’t work. Today they are opening a ticket
Has anyone who has had this error have success with getting it fixed? I’m getting nervous as I’m new member and haven’t finished booking our points for the winter/ spring time. Thanks!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It seems like there are some resorts that aren't on this list without a doubt. I will make a note - let's start to create an itemized list for reporting purposes.

Website FunctionReported issueNotes/Description/Remediation recommendation
MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login even after clearing browser caches and across multiple browsers/devices - receiving a "account is not active" or "something unexpected happened" dialog boxes - in some cases these errors appear to be intermittentInvestigate the intermittent nature of these reported issues and resolve
MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login such as "password not valid" even when using the same password their account has always utilized
MFA configurationNo user capability to "reset" or change the MFA configuration - to change from cellphone to email for example.Provide a self-service MFA reset or reconfiguration capability
MFA configurationThe "do not ask again for this device" checkbox doesn't seem to "stick" for certain devices/browsers. The checkbox keeps appearing even when using the same browser/device.This issue occurs intermittently even when not clearing browser cache (it makes sense that this occurs if/when browser cache is cleared).
RCI access issueSome users are reporting an Error 405 Method Not Allowed when attempting to launch into the RCI website from the Owner DashboardInvestigate and fix the RCI launch mechanism
Reservation DetailsReservation details no longer displays which points bucket - developer vs resaleRegression bug - restore the identifier for the points type used to fulfill the reservation
Monthly Availability CalendarFor hybrid VIP owners - Resale - while in the drop-down list - cannot be selected - owners are therefore unable to book resale transactions for any resorts via the monthly availability calendar functionRegression bug - restore the ability to actually choose "Resale" and make online reservations for hybrid VIP owners
Points ProtectionThe step when booking a reservation for Points Protection should be opt-out by default. The current default is now opt-in - the checkbox is enabled by default.
Club Pass - Worldmark Monthly Availability CalendarWhen using the new Worldmark monthly availability calendar - you must choose an explicit room type from the drop-down list and there is no "All Suites" option that Club Wyndham monthly availability calendars offer.Not having an "All suites" option makes searching for general availability at a Worldmark resort tedious and time consuming - especially for resorts that have a large number of room types to choose from.

Just reply to my post here and add to the table above and we'll keep this going for reported issues...I'll take care of wordsmithing anything before sending this along to Wyndham IT of course.

Gang - I just updated our issue list per above - what are we missing? I want to submit this to Wyndham for review either today or tomorrow to get things rolling.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gang - I just updated our issue list per above - what are we missing? I want to submit this to Wyndham for review either today or tomorrow to get things rolling.

FYI, the Club Pass issue with searching WM resort monthly availability is an issue on the WM side as well. You have to do a dashboard or explore resorts search to see multiple unit type availability. Hopefully they can fix things to give this availability search capability, but it probably needs to be coordinated with feedback on the WM side of things.Not sure if anyone took the lead on that as you have here.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

MFA - ability to change MFA method if needed? Does not appear anywhere that I could see.

Points protection - I would add the that opted in check mark appears to be a graphic, rather than actually indicating that is the opt in box (of course, if they have it unchecked by default that would fix this issue)

I know a couple of owners (myself include) have commented on just getting a spinning blue circle when trying to complete a booking. I know in my case it actually resulted in a preach to my credit card each time it spun for mounts and then timed out (but no actual charge).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Filtering by room type is not working. By any type. If I were to look for a 4 bedroom it would show there are four bedrooms, but when I select it's say something unexpected happened. Here I select a one bedroom filter, selected a starting date, and can't select an ending date.

1666149706236.png

Here's filtering for a 4 bedroom (which looks the same as filtering for any type room): And there aren't any, as far as I can tell. Try to select any of the available dates and you get something unexpected happened.
1666149744254.png

Another issue with the monthly calendar, but easier to "fix", if you scroll through the months, then back to october, october hangs (blue circle of death), all you have to do is unselect/reselect include accessible suites and it seems okay. seems to only happen on october.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I still have negative resale points from the transaction that was booked using developer points. But points summary shows negative resale instead of reducing my developer points. Transaction history shows i used resale points when in fact I (should have) used developer.

Is it worth noting the way it hangs, I frequently logoff off and back on. My guess is a caching issue (versus cookies) but just guessing. If I walk away, it'll look like I'm still logged in, but I'm not completely. For me the best thing to do is always logoff and back in before I do anything. Too bad it doesn't log us off after x minutes and put up a message we've timed out and need to log back in.

That (the hanging) and IMO the points protection defaulting/imaging are issues that will frustrate someone less savvy (so if they are trying to make the site more friendly to the more common user or newbie, they might want to look at that). Those that use it all the time, meh...

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
QUOTE="scootr5, post: 2856631, member: 53990"]
MFA - ability to change MFA method if needed? Does not appear anywhere that I could see.
[/QUOTE]
I haven’t tried myself, but just quoting to emphasize because I’ve seen a couple folks on FB with this problem.
I can't find a way to change it, so choose wisely, LOL.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
FYI, the Club Pass issue with searching WM resort monthly availability is an issue on the WM side as well. You have to do a dashboard or explore resorts search to see multiple unit type availability. Hopefully they can fix things to give this availability search capability, but it probably needs to be coordinated with feedback on the WM side of things.Not sure if anyone took the lead on that as you have here.

Eric thanks for this - I wasn’t aware since I’m not a Worldmark owner. I do have a Worldmark IT contact so I will include them when submitting these issues to Wyndham.

auntiepen

Reaction score
@HitchHiker71
Is there a way to change where do they send the code when you are logging in? I checked the box do not ask again on this device and it doesn’t work. It’s inconvenient for me because somewhere I travel I couldn’t use my cellphone.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

That's an excellent point - I actually went looking for this myself today and couldn't find any such function. From a few GB group posts yesterday and today - it appears that only Wyndham can "reset" the MFA so that you can reconfigure. I'll add an item for self-service MFA reset.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
@HitchHiker71
Is there a way to change where do they send the code when you are logging in? I checked the box do not ask again on this device and it doesn’t work. It’s inconvenient for me because somewhere I travel I couldn’t use my cellphone.

Just a note - if/when you clear browser cache - this is expected behavior. This setting is stored in a local cookie/cache and therefore whenever you reset your browser cache - expect to be challenged again for MFA as the cache has to be re-created.

auntiepen

Reaction score
So
Just a note - if/when you clear browser cache - this is expected behavior. This setting is stored in a local cookie/cache and therefore whenever you reset your browser cache - expect to be challenged again for MFA as the cache has to be re-created.
sorry for asking what is MFA stands for.

I never clear the browser cache only log out and maybe close the browser. So far I have to get code before I can log in.
thank you

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So

sorry for asking what is MFA stands for.

I never clear the browser cache only log out and maybe close the browser. So far I have to get code before I can log in.
thank you

If you are still unable to login then I would recommend clearing your browser cache and trying again from scratch. This is what many of us had to do to get the MFA process to work correctly after it was implemented.

auntiepen

Reaction score
If you are still unable to login then I would recommend clearing your browser cache and trying again from scratch. This is what many of us had to do to get the MFA process to work correctly after it was implemented.

I can log in but It requires to get code before able to sign in every time I log out and log back in . I just wish it’s only ask for the code once. And I want to have the code send to my email instead of my cellphone.

what does MFA stand for? I didn’t get the answer.
Thank you @HitchHiker71