• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Recent email announcement: Your Club Wyndham Website Update Is Coming

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
What's that? A waitlist?!

1663174033972.png

"Meet Your Match
When your desired resort and travel window aren’t available, you’ll be able to submit a Waitlist request. This new feature lets us do the searching for you. And as soon as a match becomes available, you’ll be notified to book and start planning your dream vacation. There will be a $25 fee to complete the reservation if you decide the match is right for you."

Do you think this update will fix all the payment systems issues too? Seems to me that should take top priority over any of these things.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
For those who may not have received this email announcement today - because we know many folks don't for various reasons - here's the webpage link for the recently announced website improvements coming later this year (mid-October according to this announcement): http://view.email.wyndhamvo.com/?qs...58582e8df9f5cdcb46a1226dce4497723435cdfa9d8fa

A summary of these new website features is available here: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...er_operationn&pid=000064972313&pin=4794192729

So overall, new features being implemented:
  • Online Wyndham Club Pass Search - we've been asking for this capability for years now - good to see it's finally coming soon.
  • Club Wyndham Waitlist - similar to the ongoing search that many are already familiar with from RCI - another really good enhancement coming soon.
  • MFA - Multi-Factor Authentication - a key security feature that many websites already support today - glad to see this coming soon.
  • Priority Owner Reservations - not exactly sure what if anything is changing here - there's reference to automatically being kept up to date on changes - but how? We will follow up for more details.
Below are a few screenshots of the email for ease of reference:

1663173824728.png

1663173858230.png

1663173882060.png

1663173902393.png

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
not exactly sure what if anything is changing here
My read is that the site will now track how many of your two exceptions are left, but that might have been an overly optimistic interpretation.

Overall, these all seem like good things. I'd rather not have to pay for the waitlist, but $25 isn't even a fast-casual meal for two, so sure.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Waitlists are new to me. I hope people are limited to how many ongoing searches they have, that there is a time limit to when someone can accept or decline, that close to checkin (maybe 15 days) they are no longer in effect, and interesting there is a fee (just new stuff for me). We'll see!

Most of all.. Please, pray that they did some testing on this. Kind of scary to see it on the heels of an ongoing (maybe getting even messier) paymentus deployment. One can only handle so much excitement at one time.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My read is that the site will now track how many of your two exceptions are left, but that might have been an overly optimistic interpretation.

Overall, these all seem like good things. I'd rather not have to pay for the waitlist, but $25 isn't even a fast-casual meal for two, so sure.
Wouldn't that be nice (to see exceptions tracked).

And I'll pay $25 for an automated search if it keeps me from checking all the time. Hopefully it's not a batch job like the upgrades, will be interesting to see how it rolls out.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am guessing waitlists will be fulfilled before VIP upgrades.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I am guessing waitlists will be fulfilled before VIP upgrades.

That’s a great question - we have already asked this exact question to our Wyndham contacts. More to come once we hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It would be nice if VIP received some number of free waitlist transactions annually.

Great idea - I'll add this to our enhancement request list.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I followed upon the Priority Reservations item. I received a quick response back that this bullet point means instead of checking the dates reactively and cancelling GC reservations, the website will proactively prevent owners from adding a GC for reservations that are in the blackout periods. Today these reservations are cancelled after the fact. In the future they will simply not be booked.

We have a subsequent ask in about the two GC exceptions - and I reiterated in my ask that it sure would be nice to have these two exceptions listed explicitly somewhere on the Owner Dashboard - along with the ability to see which reservations they have been utilized against.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waitlists are new to me. I hope people are limited to how many ongoing searches they have, that there is a time limit to when someone can accept or decline, that close to checkin (maybe 15 days) they are no longer in effect, and interesting there is a fee (just new stuff for me). We'll see!
A good guess would be that it will be modeled on the WorldMark waitlist:

4 waitlist slots per ownership
Maximum 14 day period. Waitlists may, for example, be set up for "1 bedroom for any x number of days within a 14 date period"
Claim a waitlist match within 48 hours from notification, otherwise the waitlist expires.
Waitlists expire 14 days before the first date of the request (15 days makes more sense for Club Wyndham)
No charge (yet?) for claiming a waitlist request

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Maximum 14 day period. Waitlists may, for example, be set up for "1 bedroom for any x number of days within a 14 date period"
Claim a waitlist match within 48 hours from notification, otherwise the waitlist expires.
Waitlists expire 14 days before the first date of the request (15 days makes more sense for Club Wyndham)
Thanks. I actually think this makes sense:
* Waitlists expire 14 days before the first date of the request (15 days makes more sense for Club Wyndham)
This would award someone on the waitlist a reservation that had to be cancelled at the 15 day mark, before everything becomes free game at 14 (sort of)?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually think this makes sense:
* Waitlists expire 14 days before the first date of the request (15 days makes more sense for Club Wyndham)
This would award someone on the waitlist a reservation that had to be cancelled at the 15 day mark, before everything becomes free game at 14 (sort of)?
Exactly

"Cancel by" dates in WorldMark are 30 days, 14 days, or 2 days depending on how far in advance the reservation was booked.

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
I wonder if the wait list will be valid for both developer points and resale points?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

If this already exists for Worldmark owners - and this function made it over intact to the new Worldmark website - there's a good chance this is how it will be implemented for Club Wyndham owners since the code base already exists within the Worldmark website interface and back end.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Will prevent it after using the first two, or prevent it at all and will require a phone call to use the two?

We just received feedback that the website will track the two GC exceptions - so without knowing details - I'd assume this means it will prevent it after using the two exceptions - and that the website will be used to facilitate the GC exceptions. More to come as more details emerge...

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I wonder if the wait list will be valid for both developer points and resale points?

That's a great question - I'll make the ask...

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
haha. I thought I cleaned up all the wrong emails that happened on my Wyndham account when I purchased a WM account from someone earlier this year. Yes your are scratching your head wondering why adding a new WM account would change your Wyndham ownership. There is NO reason why this should have happened but it did.

So the previous WM owner was getting my Wyndham and WM emails, like confirmations and the auto cancellation email that WM generated. I did manage to get my wyndham email fixed for those items, But previous WM owner today got the upcoming changes email. So apparently there are still more email address to fix at Wyndham.

Why, upon a purchase of a WM account, should my Wyndham account info change is still beyond me.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
haha. I thought I cleaned up all the wrong emails that happened on my Wyndham account when I purchased a WM account from someone earlier this year. Yes your are scratching your head wondering why adding a new WM account would change your Wyndham ownership. There is NO reason why this should have happened but it did.

So the previous WM owner was getting my Wyndham and WM emails, like confirmations and the auto cancellation email that WM generated. I did manage to get my wyndham email fixed for those items, But previous WM owner today got the upcoming changes email. So apparently there are still more email address to fix at Wyndham.

Why, upon a purchase of a WM account, should my Wyndham account info change is still beyond me.
This is really a completely separate topic (or did you post this as a reply in the wrong thread)?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
This is really a completely separate topic (or did you post this as a reply in the wrong thread)?

No I was commenting that I never got the email.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No I was commenting that I never got the email.
Maybe we could get a ticket open for that. I rarely get emails. Sorry to hijack, but it is frustrating (one of those things we seem to accept but really, would be nice to get fixed).