• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[merged] Pfizer says low dose vax works on kids 5-11. Will seek EAU this month.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the study if they are so confident in the data? How long was the study? Around 2000 kids?
This must be a bad joke.

“The safety profile and immunogenicity data in children aged 5 to 11 years vaccinated at a lower dose are consistent with those we have observed with our vaccine in other older populations at a higher dose.” What does it mean consistent with those observed in older population? I would rather see the numbers than the PR BS

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the study available to the public?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
WSJ: "The Flimsy Evidence Behind the CDC’s Push to Vaccinate Children
The agency overcounts Covid hospitalizations and deaths and won’t consider if one shot is sufficient."

"A tremendous number of government and private policies affecting kids are based on one number: 335. That is how many children under 18 have died with a Covid diagnosis code in their record, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Yet the CDC, which has 21,000 employees, hasn’t researched each death to find out whether Covid caused it or if it involved a pre-existing medical condition.

Without these data, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices decided in May that the benefits of two-dose vaccination outweigh the risks for all kids 12 to 15. I’ve written hundreds of peer-reviewed medical studies, and I can think of no journal editor who would accept the claim that 335 deaths resulted from a virus without data to indicate if the virus was incidental or causal, and without an analysis of relevant risk factors such as obesity.

My research team at Johns Hopkins worked with the nonprofit FAIR Health to analyze approximately 48,000 children under 18 diagnosed with Covid in health-insurance data from April to August 2020. Our report found a mortality rate of zero among children without a pre-existing medical condition such as leukemia. If that trend holds, it has significant implications for healthy kids and whether they need two vaccine doses. The National Education Association has been debating whether to urge schools to require vaccination before returning to school in person. How can they or anyone debate the issue without the right data?"

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
DannyTS - Do you have a background (career/education) in medicine, science, research, or any field related to this topic?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
DannyTS - Do you have a background (career/education) in medicine, science, research, or any field related to this topic?

Did you see the quotation marks? This is an article written by Martin Adel "Marty" Makary who, according to Wikipedia is "an American surgeon, professor, and author. He practices surgical oncology and gastrointestinal laparoscopic surgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, is Mark Ravitch Chair in Gastrointestinal Surgery at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and teaches public health policy as Professor of Surgery and Public Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Makary is an advocate for disruptive innovation in medicine and physician-led initiatives such as The Surgical Checklist, which he developed at Johns Hopkins, and was later popularized in Atul Gawande's best-selling book The Checklist Manifesto.[1] Makary was named one of the most influential people in healthcare by Health magazine.[2] In 2018, Makary was elected to the National Academy of Medicine.[3] "

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, I saw the quotation marks. What I'm curious about is your background. (It's no secret that my background is education, but certainly not medicine or science or research or any related field.)

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw the quotation marks. What I'm curious about is your background.

What I noticed during this pandemic, the qualifications actually do not matter. We have another thread where a journalist calls "fringe" a doctor who is the second most published critical care doctor in the world. Those that defended the doctors on that tread were "loons" and "clowns", a wise person explained. The inventor of the mRNA vaccine has been "debunked" by the media (and by few TUGgers as well). Scientific research is not good if it does not fit the official narrative. On Tug, whole threads are so uncomfortable that they have been trolled, those commenting have been called names, and eventually the treads were closed, not because they were not legit discussions but because of the cognitive dissonance of certain people. They knew exactly what they were doing: drive the heat up than ask the moderators to close the tread.
As you and me both know the qualifications do not really matter, or only matter when it comes to those that are not part of the "consensus".

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that qualifications matter a great deal when it comes to analyzing the science and the studies. I know I'm not qualified.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Finally!
——————————

A lower dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine — one-third the amount given to adults and teens — is safe and triggered a robust immune response in children as young as 5 years old, the drug companies announced in a news release Monday.

The finding, eagerly anticipated by many parents and pediatricians, is a crucial step toward the two-shot coronavirus vaccine regimen becoming available for younger school-aged children, perhaps close to Halloween…….

Read more here:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
This could make teachers happy, not so sure about the kids/parents.
Almost all parents I have talked to about this have been waiting for a vaccine for their kids. But then, I live in a state that is ranked high in quality of education. Could be a factor.

Kurt

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as the kids can ditch the masks in school after they get vaccinated Ian all for it on the name of getting a quality education.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as the kids can ditch the masks in school after they get vaccinated Ian all for it on the name of getting a quality education.
Kids can get an education masked. They're flexible.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you have kids/grandkids in School so you can hear their complaints then.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I hope you have kids/grandkids in School so you can hear their complaints then.
I do, and they are all fine. They go to school, they cheer and play sports just fine. It's just those that have made it political and convinced their kids to complain to support their ideological leanings. I had to wear a mask for months upwards of 9-10 hours a day. It's uncomfortable, but so are lots of things. Too many complainer snowflakes these days.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
As a parent, I think the government should make the vaccine available for children and let parents decide. I am fine with so called “flimsy” data. There is enough data on the vaccine for adults that could translate to children that I think it is worth getting for my kids at least.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter and her friends have never once complained about wearing masks. They do, however, complain when they are in public spaces indoors and people *aren't* wearing a mask (or not wearing one properly.)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll note that these studies aren't peer reviewed (to my knowledge) yet, and the VAERS isn't verified data.

However, a big concern I have is that some of the new data *seems* to indicate (and other studies say otherwise as well, so there's that) the incidence of myocarditis among certain (young males apparently) is higher than COVID-related myocarditis now.

My big concern is the all-or-nothing approach that seems to be happening (you will get 2-dose vaccination or single dose J&J, regardless).

IF the studies hold true (increased myocarditis risk) AND you have a young male child who already had COVID, I'd be concerned about an increased risk (I notice the studies don't seem to factor that in, but then again the Pfizer mRNA hasn't been approved until just recently).

This one says increased risk, but less than if you get COVID itself (if I'm reading things correctly):

This one may or may not be paywalled (I clicked "support" and then went back to the original page and it loaded the article):
This one says the opposite of the first one (I believe). "Their analysis of medical data suggests that boys aged 12 to 15, with no underlying medical conditions, are four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than ending up in hospital with Covid over a four-month period. "

and then this one:

Yes, I think vaccinations (generally speaking) are good, but I want more studies on those with previous infections ("natural immunity"). I don't have kids, but my sister has two and I'd be a bit concerned about my newphew who is in the age range of the possibly affected group (they had COVID already). In other words, could a young male who had COVID already, and then be subject to the new vaccine regime have an even greater risk of myocarditis than what the studies (may) show? That, to me, would give me pause. But again, I'm not a parent. Sorry for blabbing on, hopefully I explained the situation/concern correctly.

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is welcome news for a lot of parents. Since age verification is not required for children, some have been vaccinating their 11 year olds. Let's hope all goes well.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll note that these studies aren't peer reviewed (to my knowledge) yet, and the VAERS isn't verified data.

However, a big concern I have is that some of the new data *seems* to indicate (and other studies say otherwise as well, so there's that) the incidence of myocarditis among certain (young males apparently) is higher than COVID-related myocarditis now.

My big concern is the all-or-nothing approach that seems to be happening (you will get 2-dose vaccination or single dose J&J, regardless).

IF the studies hold true (increased myocarditis risk) AND you have a young male child who already had COVID, I'd be concerned about an increased risk (I notice the studies don't seem to factor that in, but then again the Pfizer mRNA hasn't been approved until just recently).

This one says increased risk, but less than if you get COVID itself (if I'm reading things correctly):

This one may or may not be paywalled (I clicked "support" and then went back to the original page and it loaded the article):
This one says the opposite of the first one (I believe). "Their analysis of medical data suggests that boys aged 12 to 15, with no underlying medical conditions, are four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than ending up in hospital with Covid over a four-month period. "

and then this one:

Yes, I think vaccinations (generally speaking) are good, but I want more studies on those with previous infections ("natural immunity"). I don't have kids, but my sister has two and I'd be a bit concerned about my newphew who is in the age range of the possibly affected group (they had COVID already). In other words, could a young male who had COVID already, and then be subject to the new vaccine regime have an even greater risk of myocarditis than what the studies (may) show? That, to me, would give me pause. But again, I'm not a parent. Sorry for blabbing on, hopefully I explained the situation/concern correctly.
For the guardian study

Their analysis of medical data suggests that boys aged 12 to 15, with no underlying medical conditions, are four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than ending up in hospital with Covid over a four-month period.

This is an apples to oranges comparison. We know hospitalization is rare and myocarditis is rarely serious enough for hospitalization. Why would they not compare hospitalization rate to hospitalization rate. That would be the true comparison of risk.

From the article about myocarditis

The cases tended to be mild and the vast majority recovered with simple treatment and rest,” they added.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that qualifications matter a great deal when it comes to analyzing the science and the studies. I know I'm not qualified.

I think you should give yourself more credit. For example look at this study and make your own determination about the CO2 concentration when wearing a mask. There are several studies that link poor academic performance and the quality of air. Now connect the two and draw your own conclusion if the masks are beneficial for the health and development of the kids, when they have to wear them in school for 6 hours straight.

"The results demonstrated that a respirator caused excessive CO2 inhalation by approximately 7 greater per breath compared with normal breathing. Furthermore, heat and mass
transfer in the nasal cavity was reduced, which influences the perception of nasal patency. It is suggested that wearers of high-efficiency
masks that have minimal porosity and low air exchange for CO2 regulation should consider the amount of time they wear the mask"

"V. CONCLUSION
CFD simulations were performed over eight respiration cycles
for normal and respirator breathing. The nasal airflow and temperature were compared between the two different simulations. The
assessed variables for normal breathing were consistent with each
breath cycle. For respirator breathing, the mucosal wall temperature
increased compared with normal breathing. The breathing flow field
with and without a respirator showed that the N95 respirator significantly affected the flow properties, including CO2 concentration, temperature, and humidity of the inhaled air.
The effect of breathing through a respirator has increased the
time-averaged inhaled air temperature by 8%; H2O mass fraction by
150%; and CO2 concentration by 555% during the first inhalation
cycle. Throughout eight breaths, the maximum change as a ratio to
normal breathing was temperature increased by 1.13 times; H2O mass
fraction increased by 2.46 times; and CO2 concentration increased by
7.3 times. The increase in the inhaled temperature and humidity
decreased the cooling effect on the mucosal surface, which is thought
to affect the physiological sensation of full breathing. Furthermore, the
continual inhalation of excessive CO2 concentrations can lead to detrimental health effects on the subject."

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
There have always been quackery. Google Patent Medicine, Black Salve, Radithor and homeopathy and you will see how some have perpetuated junk to the public.

We have had pandemics before, they will evolve into endemic. Our bodies will adapt to the virus.

The question is how much suffering will we endure?

If it were just to the unvaxxed, most would say let them twist in the wind -- Freedumb.

Where do we go from here? Do we set up wards and provide a best effort while providing a reserve for others with ailments which have a higher favorable outcome? Do we let them know, they are "on the bubble" because of a choice?