• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] New Wyndham payment portal announcement - discussion - reported issues thread

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I do not trust Wyndham on anything having to do with payments and accuracy. Several years ago we were coming up on our payoff date on our Worldmark Seaside Residence Club. I contacted Wyndham Financial to get a Paid off Letter. I was told I still owed several years of payments. I knew this was wrong. I had recorded the payoff date when we purchased and financed with Wyndham and we had signed nothing to extend the financing. I spend several days on the telephone getting bounced from one office to another. They all said I was wrong. I finally contacted a person I knew that had contacts in upper Wyndham Management. After the Wyndham Vice President got involved suddenly I was right and Wyndham Financial was wrong. The only explanation I was given was apparently during one of their computer updates my Account got screwed up. No apologies. I always wondered how many other Accounts got screwed the same way but the person affected did not keep accurate records and original contract like I did.

I agree but would expand it to "anything having to do with IT." Seems like everything Wyndham IT touches turns into a steaming pile.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The _PHASE past due issue should now be corrected for all impacted owners in the new payment portal per feedback I received from Wyndham this morning.

Yes, all of the “phase” entries are gone from mine now.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not able to log in with my existing credentials, cannot create an account, and am told that the password for my email address cannot be reset online.
I submitted an online request for assistance under the category financial services maybe a day or three ago. I just got a response that my password would be reset and it was. So, you might need to reach out, but you don't have to call/wait on hold.

It appears that my recurring payment card information was transferred over, but it is also listed as past-due as of the 17th. The payment has been hitting my card on either the 18th, 19th, or 20th in the past six months so I will give it a few more days before I do anything about it.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I called in today. She reset my password and gave me the temporary. I logged in and changed the password.

There are 6 contracts and the MF payment. There are 2 PICs, 2 contracts, and 2 contracts that are not mine. And I am missing 5 contracts. What?!?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Okay, I called in today. She reset my password and gave me the temporary. I logged in and changed the password.

There are 6 contracts and the MF payment. There are 2 PICs, 2 contracts, and 2 contracts that are not mine. And I am missing 5 contracts. What?!?

Make sure to call back in to report these issues and ensure your payment portal accurately reflects your ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
The _PHASE past due issue should now be corrected for all impacted owners in the new payment portal per feedback I received from Wyndham this morning. I personally checked my payment portal just now and all but one item is now displaying correctly. I still see a past due _PHASE item for what appears to be the Wyndham Perks related billing item. I've already reported this discrepancy back to Wyndham for further investigation.

Please keep reporting any/all payment portal related issues here on this thread. Thanks to all of the TUGGERs who are contributing! :cool:

All the items that ended in _PHASE are gone. But I still have my member account with my member number that says past due.

D349FB77-50AC-4BF7-9B1E-6353EFD262BA.jpeg

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
All the items that ended in _PHASE are gone. But I still have my member account with my member number that says past due.

View attachment 62841
I had the same when I logged in yesterday. I called and opened a case for them to fix my issue especially since the View Payments page shows that my payment was made (plus I received an email from Wyndham they received payment and my credit card shows the charge).

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

View attachment 62841

It has changed this morning. It now says I am $0.01 past due. But it still says that my next payment due is $16.26 on Sept 5th. It is off by roughly a decimal point. Should be $162.58. I guess I will wait a few days and see if it corrects itself before I call in.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I submitted an online request for assistance under the category financial services maybe a day or three ago. I just got a response that my password would be reset and it was. So, you might need to reach out, but you don't have to call/wait on hold.
This did the trick, thanks!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Now that I can see it, it's also saying I'm past due (payment was due on August 6), even though when viewing past payments it shows the payment was made on August 12, and I got the email and it's gone through on my card.

Also, the number and composition of the individual contracts showing in my account is weird. I think it has 3 of my 4 current contracts, plus at least one old contract I no longer own. And I've never owed on any of them (all resale) so the only relevant section is my overall member account which is way at the bottom.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It has changed this morning. It now says I am $0.01 past due. But it still says that my next payment due is $16.26 on Sept 5th. It is off by roughly a decimal point. Should be $162.58. I guess I will wait a few days and see if it corrects itself before I call in.

From what I gathered in discussing these types of issues with one of the Consumer Finance managers the other day with whom I'm working, there are still back office systems sync issues in play - so you may see changes like this day to day. The general recommendation I was given is if you see something like this - give it a few days to see if it clears up without any intervention. If it does not, please call into the Finance number explicitly given on the email about these changes.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I gathered in discussing these types of issues with one of the Consumer Finance managers the other day with whom I'm working, there are still back office systems sync issues in play - so you may see changes like this day to day. The general recommendation I was given is if you see something like this - give it a few days to see if it clears up without any intervention. If it does not, please call into the Finance number explicitly given on the email about these changes.

I just called in as well. Financial could see the contracts that are not showing on Paymentus. I also woke up to a new bill. The rep said that it was the program fee and the correct amount will pull but they are now having a separate number for the program fee.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
When I called a few days ago, I was told they were doing manual input.

Personally, I'd really appreciate knowing when they are really done. I don't mind checking if you need someone to check something, I appreciate your efforts and those of others, but really, what methodoloy are they using? Testing by fire?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I finally broke down this afternoon and called. 15 minutes on hold after being transferred to financial services. Person gave me a temp password and I was in. All was as expected. Logged out and was able to log back in. So, all should be good. About the only time I've ever needed to deal with the financial parts of the account is when there is a credit card change.

Just can't understand why Wyndham can't fix the reset password function. That's all they really need to do, IMHO.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am usually set up for autopay which transacts tomorrow. I finally had to call and get a temp password, as no way to get in.

My stuff makes no sense, so I am just going to wait to see what autopay does. The portal says 2 amounts for the payment on that makes no sense. Why is the payment amount $69.36 different than the total amount due $582.69 which is my normal monthly MF amount. I am doing nothing other than logging in to see what it says and does.

1660936086852.png

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am usually set up for autopay which transacts tomorrow. I finally had to call and get a temp password, as no way to get in.

My stuff makes no sense, so I am just going to wait to see what autopay does. The portal says 2 amounts for the payment on that makes no sense. Why is the payment amount $69.36 different than the total amount due $582.69 which is my normal monthly MF amount. I am doing nothing other than logging in to see what it says and does.

View attachment 62895

Is it possible $69.36 is the Club Fee part of your dues only?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
When I called a few days ago, I was told they were doing manual input.

Personally, I'd really appreciate knowing when they are really done. I don't mind checking if you need someone to check something, I appreciate your efforts and those of others, but really, what methodology are they using? Testing by fire?

Depends on what you're referring to with regard to manual input. That's a very generic statement really. Yes there is manual input ongoing, but there's also a lot of moving parts within the back end that are syncing to/from the PaymentUS portal. I'm actively working with the manager and the director of the entire consumer finance area, so if we want to ask questions, we can. That said, Wyndham isn't going to disclose their methodologies, nor should they really. We can ask about the what, we aren't going to be told the how (methodologies), and even when I am told the how, 99% of the time it is not for public consumption and I cannot share any such information.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Depends on what you're referring to with regard to manual input. That's a very generic statement really. Yes there is manual input ongoing, but there's also a lot of moving parts within the back end that are syncing to/from the PaymentUS portal. I'm actively working with the manager and the director of the entire consumer finance area, so if we want to ask questions, we can. That said, Wyndham isn't going to disclose their methodologies, nor should they really. We can ask about the what, we aren't going to be told the how (methodologies), and even when I am told the how, 99% of the time it is not for public consumption and I cannot share any such information.
The call center used the term manual input, I didn't ask what she meant. I deleted my last 5 tongue in cheek comments, I'll stop now. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
The call center used the term manual input, I didn't ask what she meant. I deleted my last 5 tongue in cheek comments, I'll stop now. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
The rep I talked to the other day also said they were manually inputting the data.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that my recurring payment card information was transferred over, but it is also listed as past-due as of the 17th. The payment has been hitting my card on either the 18th, 19th, or 20th in the past six months so I will give it a few more days before I do anything about it.
Received confirmation of payment today (for the correct amount). So, it looks like all is well in at least one case.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah Wyndham. Another day. Another IT nightmare. Ground hog day. Incompetence rewarded with CEO raise in pay. Well done Michael.

Reaction score
Adding my experience.
yesterday I received a payment confirmation for someone I don't know.
I finally called in today and they sent the reset password link. They stayed on the phone while I logged in. I could quickly see a loan that is not mine. They xfered me to someone else. An hour on the phone and the loan is gone. Let's see what happens next month. Another hour of my life spent on the phone with Wyndham.

WManning

Reaction score
Ah Wyndham. Another day. Another IT nightmare. Ground hog day. Incompetence rewarded with CEO raise in pay. Well done Michael.
Pay raise had nothing to do with timeshare owner satisfaction with IT. If it did he would have been fired. Michael's raise was based on stock appreciation and stellar EPS growth.

Quarterly financials

(USD)Jun 2022Y/Y
Revenue354M10.28%
Net income92M35.29%
Diluted EPS136.99%
Net profit margin25.99%22.71%
Operating income145M8.21%
Net change in cash-16M96.26%
Cash on hand--
Cost of revenue133M26.67%

Earnings calls
Previous EPS Revenue
Q2 2022Beat 14.13% Beat 8.55%
Q1 2022Beat 46.50% Beat 9.29%
Q4 2021Beat 28.56% Beat 1.88%
Q3 2021Beat 27.59% Beat 0.04%

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I may have missed this, but, has anyone noticed that your personal info is wrong? I have an address in Alabama. I tried to change the address, but, the change was not accepted. Of course, get the message to call Wyndham.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I may have missed this, but, has anyone noticed that your personal info is wrong? I have an address in Alabama. I tried to change the address, but, the change was not accepted. Of course, get the message to call Wyndham.

Further evidence of the data integrity issues that have been discussed here on TUG over the past year with growing frequency. One of the downsides of utilizing a third party service like this is that it exposes data integrity issues like this. I saw a few data integrity issues when examining the data in the payment portal and was able to make some corrections. If you get an error - please call into the dedicated consumer finance support number and get your information corrected.

These data integrity issues seem to be more prevalent for those who have bought/sold resale contracts. We've now seen multiple instances where there is "ghost" data in user accounts from past resale transactions that has somehow been left behind in their actual user account. Definitely check every bit of data listed in the payment portal for accuracy.

Last edited: