• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] New Wyndham payment portal announcement - discussion - reported issues thread

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No setup or login necessary. I am new owner the at had a deed transfer in on July 26th. Just wanted to make sure that my auto pay I set up on the 26th was set up correct because maintenance fees were not debited from credit card.
Rephrasing my question...does anyone who wants to access the paymentus system have to call in to reset their login? If you were previously set up on autopay and don't care to ever do anything on paymentus then you don't have to register or login. Conversely, if you would like to access the paymentus system to view payment history, or make payments, or change autopay, you do need to register and call to have your password reset. Correct? Has anyone able to access the new paymentus system without calling for help?

Are you saying no setup or login necessary (unless you want to access the system)? LOL, that is how I am reading your comment.

Last edited:

WManning

Reaction score
Rephrasing my question...does anyone who wants to access the paymentus system have to call in to reset their login? If you were previously set up on autopay and don't care to ever do anything on paymentus then you don't have to register or login. Conversely, if you would like to access the paymentus system to view payment history, or make payments, or change autopay, you do need to register and call to have your password reset. Correct? Has anyone able to access the new paymentus system without calling for help?
No one can login paymentus system unless they call in and set up. Maybe IT will fix the glitch so you don't need to drop a dime.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Exactly this question. Has Wyndham created a situation in which every single owner will have to call in at some point if they want to get online access to their online financial account? My autopay did eventually go through, but at some point I'm going to want to update my card, review past charges, etc, and will have to call to get this password situation sorted out.

Or they could just allow those passwords to be reset online.
Right! If my memory serves me correctly, we don't input a password when we register, and then get a message it can't get be reset online, and then you have to call (once you figure out who to call because the message doesn't tell you).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
No one can login paymentus system unless they call in and set up. Maybe IT will fix the glitch so you don't need to drop a dime.

I'm not sure if this is true or not. I now have a primary Wyndham contact specifically for any PaymentUS/consumer finance issues - so I've just made this ask to her and am awaiting follow up guidance. Will post back here when I know more.

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to log in for the last few weeks. Keep getting stuck in the same loop as reported previously. Spent an hour on hold yesterday before giving up. I agree about the music. Anything but what is on there. Going to try again now.

WManning

Reaction score
I have been trying to log in for the last few weeks. Keep getting stuck in the same loop as reported previously. Spent an hour on hold yesterday before giving up. I agree about the music. Anything but what is on there. Going to try again now.
I must of hit the lotto when I called in. The OC was very knowledgeable and walked me through it in less then 2 minutes tops. The 2 minutes included her emailing me a password and making sure I was able to log in and waited until I created new password.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Are you saying no setup or login necessary (unless you want to access the system)? LOL, that is how I am reading your comment.

Here's the feedback I received with regard to the question on whether this is impacting everyone - or just a subset of owners, along with follow up feedback on the issue reported in this thread for the _PHASE contract item within the portal still showing as past due:

1660670173097.png

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is true or not.
I am not able to log in with my existing credentials, cannot create an account, and am told that the password for my email address cannot be reset online. I am not everyone, but I'm not sure I've heard anyone on TUG say they were able to log in without calling, and plenty of people have reported having to call.

Has anyone here been able to establish an account without a phone call?

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called in and was able to finally log in after verbally receiving a new password. I was then able to change it back to my original password. Logged out and then back in just to double check. 20 minutes on hold. Still same crappy music.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So we are not going to get our Chase Sapphire Reserve 3X points for Wyndham? That is actually a big deal to most of us in the credit card points game.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So we are not going to get our Chase Sapphire Reserve 3X points for Wyndham? That is actually a big deal to most of us in the credit card points game.

Acccording to post #72 in this thread, your concern has already been addressed. The author indicates the Chase Sapphire card gives the appropriate travel credit:

The issue of not receiving the appropriate travel credit is limited to the Wyndham Earners affinity cards at this time.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Acccording to post #72 in this thread, your concern has already been addressed. The author indicates the Chase Sapphire card gives the appropriate travel credit:

The issue of not receiving the appropriate travel credit is limited to the Wyndham Earners affinity cards at this time.
I just checked our Chase Sapphire portal and see the 3X. So I concur.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
I called in on Monday and got my password reset so I could do the initial logon to Paymentus - success. I have 3 contracts and there were 3 entries. One was identified with my Wyndham member number, the other 2 had identifiers of 2 of the contracts. Each had an amount due but didn't add up to the total dues owed. The rep was seeing something different but the numbers didn't add up either. The total amount due was correct. She seemed to say that they were still working on it and were adding the data manually. I guess I'll wait until Sept to see what happens.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
I called in on Monday and got my password reset so I could do the initial logon to Paymentus - success. I have 3 contracts and there were 3 entries. One was identified with my Wyndham member number, the other 2 had identifiers of 2 of the contracts. Each had an amount due but didn't add up to the total dues owed. The rep was seeing something different but the numbers didn't add up either. The total amount due was correct. She seemed to say that they were still working on it and were adding the data manually. I guess I'll wait until Sept to see what happens.
I also inadvertently made a double payment. The account past due concerned me since we are going to South Carolina this week and I didn't want there to be any issues with that. So I made a payment after I put in my credit card info to setup autopay (the existing autopay entry was an account I didn't recognize) and made a payment. Later in the day a second payment hit my card (I assume the manual data entry process made that happen). After calling back the rep said it takes 7-10 days for them to process a refund, so I decided to wait until Sept 1st to see if straightens out.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
The wording in the top part suggests to me that this might be loan, and either your loan is entirely paid off or you never had a loan.

I have 3 contract. They all look exactly the same. One was a developer purchase that started out as a loan. Once was developer purchase paid for at the time of purchase. And one was a resale purchase. they all look the same.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 3 contract. They all look exactly the same. One was a developer purchase that started out as a loan. Once was developer purchase paid for at the time of purchase. And one was a resale purchase. they all look the same.

"or you never had a loan"

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
"or you never had a loan"

I had a loan from Wyndham originally for the first contract I purchased. I paid it off with a low interest credit line from my bank within 6 months. And then paid the credit line off within 12 months. My second contract I wrote a check, no loan. Then I found TUG and bought my third contract on the resale market. I don’t like owning money to anyone. the only loan I have is the mortgage on my house. And that will be paid off in 6 years. But you are right, no current loans.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Here's the feedback I received with regard to the question on whether this is impacting everyone - or just a subset of owners, along with follow up feedback on the issue reported in this thread for the _PHASE contract item within the portal still showing as past due:

View attachment 62624

The _PHASE past due issue should now be corrected for all impacted owners in the new payment portal per feedback I received from Wyndham this morning. I personally checked my payment portal just now and all but one item is now displaying correctly. I still see a past due _PHASE item for what appears to be the Wyndham Perks related billing item. I've already reported this discrepancy back to Wyndham for further investigation.

Please keep reporting any/all payment portal related issues here on this thread. Thanks to all of the TUGGERs who are contributing! :cool:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

View attachment 62624
In terms of "Paymentus was configured to allow owners to select the First Time User option and authenticate with their member number and zip code. We have had owners successfully complete this authentication..." - has anyone successfully been able to do that? When trying to enroll as a new user I was told my user account was already set up and it seems almost (?) everyone here had the same issue. It seems from this unscientific sampling that the "subset of owners" unable to complete that step is pretty much the entire set. Then I was hit with the inability to reset my password online.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
In terms of "Paymentus was configured to allow owners to select the First Time User option and authenticate with their member number and zip code. We have had owners successfully complete this authentication..." - has anyone successfully been able to do that? When trying to enroll as a new user I was told my user account was already set up and it seems almost (?) everyone here had the same issue. It seems from this unscientific sampling that the "subset of owners" unable to complete that step is pretty much the entire set. Then I was hit with the inability to reset my password online.

Maybe a poll? My experience was exactly the same as yours.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Not me and I tried moments after HitchHiker71's post. My experience is exactly the same as yours.

I did get through to the finance folks this morning. Among other things, I told the gal that I was very unhappy that the August MF payment was charged to a wrong credit card. She said they pulled the CC info from "reservations," which didn't make me feel any better. I've been dealing for months with names of persons who purchased contracts from me migrating over to reservations and appearing as the person who made/modified/canceled a reservation. Now this.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I do not trust Wyndham on anything having to do with payments and accuracy. Several years ago we were coming up on our payoff date on our Worldmark Seaside Residence Club. I contacted Wyndham Financial to get a Paid off Letter. I was told I still owed several years of payments. I knew this was wrong. I had recorded the payoff date when we purchased and financed with Wyndham and we had signed nothing to extend the financing. I spend several days on the telephone getting bounced from one office to another. They all said I was wrong. I finally contacted a person I knew that had contacts in upper Wyndham Management. After the Wyndham Vice President got involved suddenly I was right and Wyndham Financial was wrong. The only explanation I was given was apparently during one of their computer updates my Account got screwed up. No apologies. I always wondered how many other Accounts got screwed the same way but the person affected did not keep accurate records and original contract like I did.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Not me and I tried moments after HitchHiker71's post. My experience is exactly the same as yours.

I did get through to the finance folks this morning. Among other things, I told the gal that I was very unhappy that the August MF payment was charged to a wrong credit card. She said they pulled the CC info from "reservations," which didn't make me feel any better. I've been dealing for months with names of persons who purchased contracts from me migrating over to reservations and appearing as the person who made/modified/canceled a reservation. Now this.
If I may quote my 4 year old grand-daughter - that's souper scarey!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I am still awaiting feedback on a root cause and on scope of impact for owners. I do now know that the IT team is working on resolutions. I can also report that the Perks past due item that I mentioned above should resolve on it's own within the next day or so as the back end systems sync up properly.