• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Book Club Pass Online - A Message From Annie Roberts & Trina Miller

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
What...what do you believe a "transient tax" is?
A tourist tax. Hawaii charges one too. I get it and pay it but I’ve never seen one like that before.

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rather than vent here, why not call the hotel and ask them?

Transient taxes are quite common. Get used to them.

I'm wrestling with Florida's Sales and Use Tax on short-term (< six months) rentals, which is the same thing with a different label. The rates are nothing like you're seeing but the registration and payment processes are outrageous. Among other things, I have to file every month whether I had a rental or not. Seeing as I might have maybe two rentals per year max, the aggravation outweighs any benefit derived from renting. (I rented one week in Cocoa Beach back in April, probably my last Florida rental for the year.) Also, each county has its own tax rate on top of the state's 5%.

Fortunately, if I go through a rental agent or if the resort itself does the rental, they do the filing and paying. This explains some of what EH retains on the rentals I gave them.
Hawaii has transient taxes but they are small in comparison to 1200.00. I sent an inquiry to Wyndham this AM and I’m waiting for a response,

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The better assumption is that Wyndham screwed up the programming. I know, who would think they could make a mistake? ;)
Checked again. Tax back in the realm of reality now. You’re right, it must have been a programming error.

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did it cross your mind that this could be a bug given it's the first day of a huge new website update?
You’re right . Tax realistic now. Good thing I didn’t fork over 1259.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Checked again. Tax back in the realm of reality now. You’re right, it must have been a programming error.
I'm glad we've all learned a valuable lesson today.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Capacity for the website has been markedly increased as of this morning. Let’s start bullet pointing out the specific website functions where we are seeing performance delays/timeouts/issues as of now.

I just logged in on my iPhone (which always prompts for multi-factor auth every single time regardless of whether I choose to trust the device - still an open issue), and clicked around the dashboard and performed several resort searches and did not see any performance related issues or timeouts. When you report your issue, please provide the following data points:

Device type - laptop/desktop, smartphone version (iPhone 13 for example),

Device OS/version - Windows 11.x.x, iOS 16.5, etc.

Browser type - Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc.

Browser version - typically available under Settings/About - I.e. Chrome mobile 114.0.5735.124

Website reported issue - what page were you on when the issue occurred - provide screenshots if feasible

Feel free to provide any other supporting information that you feel may be pertinent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Device: MacBook M2 2022 Air.
Browser: Firefox 114.0.1
Replicated on Browser: Safari Version 16.5 (18615.2.9.11.4)

Hybrid account, with a Dashboard search for Anaheim CA 1/15-1/18 using Developer points:

Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 1.11.02 PM.png

Returns 7 resorts. CW Peacock Suites, CW Oceanside Pier, and CW Harbour Lights have at least one suite available. CW Anaheim, CW Dolphin's Cove, CW Inn at the Park, and CW Indio listed as "unavailable for your membership". Representative results below:

Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 1.11.48 PM.png

Going to the resort-specific page for e.g. CW Anaheim shows a link to the Monthly Availability Calendar:
Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 1.16.43 PM.png

And the calendar shows availability for those dates searching with Developer points:
Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 1.18.15 PM.png