• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Membership Fee - If Applicable ??

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay i'm still a fairly new owner having purchased in 2007 so i'm still learning about all these fees and such.

I reviewed my previous MF balance detail and there was no "Membership Fee - If Applicable" charged. . this year i'm charged $113.53. .

Does this seem correct? Am I supposed to be getting charged this fee?

TIA

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
it will depend on the resort - which resort?

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORVN - heading there in 1 month for our first usage. Purchased EOY and the whole family coming this trip. . .total of 20 going for my wedding.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORVN - heading there in 1 month for our first usage. Purchased EOY and the whole family coming this trip. . .total of 20 going for my wedding.

Yes - you will owe a SVN fee because WKORVN is a Mandatory resort. Whether the SVN fee is split over 2 years (like the MFs) - I am not sure - others may know.

Last edited:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Yes - you will owe a SVN fee because WKORVN is a Mandatory resort. Whether the SVN fee is split over 2 years (like the MFs) - I am not sure - others may know.

We own EOYs at the original WKORV. We pay the $113.53 every year with our dues, plus another fee for our other EOY there, every year. So it is not split over two years, it is charged every year :bawl: !

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own EOYs at the original WKORV. We pay the $113.53 every year with our dues, plus another fee for our other EOY there, every year. So it is not split over two years, it is charged every year :bawl: !

ick! well thanks for the info and i'm definitely on board if anyone get a class action suit going regarding the MFs! We paid $851 last year and it jumped to $1069.

What really gets my goat is I probably could have rented a place EOY for less then this expense we're stuck with. . .Sadly I didn't find TUG until AFTER our recind period had past :(

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

You pay a SVN fee for a year you cannot use it? That makes no sense - although it doesn't surprise me. I wasn't aware because our EOY SVN fee is covered because we own more than 3 VOIs.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You pay a SVN fee for a year you cannot use it? That makes no sense - although it doesn't surprise me. I wasn't aware because our EOY SVN fee is covered because we own more than 3 VOIs.

If you own more than 3 VOIs (purchased from the developer, or requalified?), do you pay any SVN dues on any week?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't pay any SVN fee if you own more than 3 VOIs (at least if you've purchased them from Starwood).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
If you own more than 3 VOIs (purchased from the developer, or requalified?), do you pay any SVN dues on any week?

The first 2 VOIs (in SVN) are charged SVN fees - with 3 or more there are no additional fees.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, so you still pay fees on the first two then?

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe Starwood would rationalize the charge by saying the fee also includes your membership to Interval International during off-use years. This way you're able to take advantage of II Getaways.

wintermom

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is my first year to pay fees as well and thank you for explaining the
SVN membership fee. Could you tell me what the Amenities Access fee
is for? Its $100. This $2,469.52 total fees is a lot higher than the $1800 estimate the salesman gave us but I know I should have done more
homework before we bought.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
wintermom - I see that you own at WPORV. A while back when you posted, (clear back in 2007 actually) you got this response from David and this may explain that fee:

I finally got chance to take another look at the WPORV Owners Manual (Sec 4.8) in regards to this - essentially WPORV owners pay for membership into the Princeville at Hanalei Community Association (pcaonline.org) as part of the annual MFs.

In more concise text (than the legalize it is written in) - WPORV Owners will have the same rights as Hotel guests to use the Hotel's beach, tennis courts, and certain other facilities and amenities of the Hotel and the Princeville community - this will NOT include use of the Hotel pool and hot-tub (and btw - visa-versa - meaning Hotel guests do not get the right to use the WPORV pool and hot-tub). Use and activity fees for Hotel and Community Amenties will be the same as for the Hotel guests (e.g. golf, horseback riding, spa...). This right will extend for 8 years after occupancy - at which time it will be re-evaluated.

Last edited:

wintermom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the information. So I get to pay $100.00 for the benefits
of using their beach. Your right I haven't posted much but since I have
yet to use my unit (we have booked it for this summer) I am lurking and
learning. Tks again.