• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Membership fee = $187.50 ?

clipper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana newbie here although I purchased a 2-bdrm WKV resale in April 2023. EOY-odd. So much to learn. Just noticed my 2024 maint fee statement shows this. Is the $187.50 the SVN fee? I thought the SVN fee is $270? Is it because I own an EOY? As far as I know, I don't qualify for the Abound program.
1718397008113.png

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Marriott is our Overlord now: There are no more SVN fees - there is now a Marriott membership fee, and that's it. IMNSHO, it's a good thing, because it includes all of the nickle and dime fees that Vistana used to charge, like change fees and guest confirmation fees.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You purchased after the August 2022 cutoff for enrollment in Abound. Your ownership is not Abound eligible. The $270 fee you are thinking about is the Abound Club Dues. Your ownership requires payment of the VSN Fee.

clipper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses, DeniseM and dioxide45. So the VSN fee is $187.50? And there are other people who were charged $187.50? I'm curious because I didn't see this amount $187.50 mentioned in past threads.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you for your responses, DeniseM and dioxide45. So the VSN fee is $187.50? And there are other people who were charged $187.50? I'm curious because I didn't see this amount $187.50 mentioned in past threads.
The 187.50 is mentioned in VSN Guide for Mandatory owners.

This is the version effective 1/1/2023 which has the VSN Fee for 2023 of $170.

1718401502388.png

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Has anyone else noticed that the Governing Documents on Vistana.com don't have the "important stuff" anymore?

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott is our Overlord now: There are no more SVN fees - there is now a Marriott membership fee, and that's it. IMNSHO, it's a good thing, because it includes all of the nickle and dime fees that Vistana used to charge, like change fees and guest confirmation fees.
That isn't accurate. Resales, if mandatory resorts, are still allowed in the VSN. They cannot be part of Abound though.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Interesting - I didn't know that Marriott was still using the term "VSN/Vistana."

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting - I didn't know that Marriott was still using the term "VSN/Vistana."
They now call them Sheraton and Westin Vacation Club, but VSN is still there. Not many people are VSN only, just those that bought mandatory after August 2022 or those that opted out of Abound.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
MVW isn't using the term "Vistana" by itself; but the VSN is the internal network where StarOptions are exchanged. There needs to be some network for those who own mandatory resorts and are not part of Abound, whether it is because they bought resale after August 9, 2022, they failed to pay the Abound dues or intentionally opted out of Abound.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
MVW isn't using the term "Vistana" by itself; but the VSN is the internal network where StarOptions are exchanged. There needs to be some network for those who are own mandatory resorts and are not part of Abound, whether it is because they bought resale after August 9, 2022, they failed to pay the Abound dues or intentionally opted out of Abound.
VSN is also the crutch that holds up Abound membership for Sheraton and Westin Vacation Club owners. It was the affiliation agreement between VSN and Abound that made it all possible.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I get the system, I just didn't know they still used the name. I bet it will be changed eventually.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I get the system, I just didn't know they still used the name. I bet it will be changed eventually.
They never really did away with "Star" in StarOption that probably came from Starwood. They may come up with something new but they just don't really use the terminology all that much on the front end since they just talk about StarOptions.