• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Melia Vacation Club] We need advice - already bought a right of use membership!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have the exact same plan and same place. Please help.

What are you hoping to do? Sell your membership? Give it away?

Remember that, contrary to what the sales person might have told you, these memberships usually have no resale value so you should skip any fantasies about trying to sell your membership. If you want to terminate your membership so as to stop paying annual dues, then check your contract. It might say that you can end it by stopping payments.

Just remember that you do not need to hire an attorney or some other firm to get you out of your contract.

Duke P

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Melia
What are you hoping to do? Sell your membership? Give it away?

Remember that, contrary to what the sales person might have told you, these memberships usually have no resale value so you should skip any fantasies about trying to sell your membership. If you want to terminate your membership so as to stop paying annual dues, then check your contract. It might say that you can end it by stopping payments.

Just remember that you do not need to hire an attorney or some other firm to get you out of your contract.

We want to terminate it have no credit penalty. Then receive a letter from them that it is cancelled.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We want to terminate it have no credit penalty. Then receive a letter from them that it is cancelled.

Well I would suggest checking your contract. It probably has a provision in there that if you stop paying, your membership will automatically terminate. If it says that you must pay and that they will come after you if you don't, I would suggest contacting the club and saying that you want to terminate. Then see what they say from there.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of them. What are you hoping they do for you?

If you are simply looking to terminate your contract with this vacation club, I would (again) suggest looking over your contract to see what would happen if you just stop making payments.

What do you think this company will do for you (for probably thousands of dollars) that you can't do yourself?

Duke P

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Melia
Correct they say they have lawyers that can help and get us out of contract/terminate.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
... they say they have lawyers that can help and get us out of contract/terminate.

Don't even go there. There are no magic potions or secret elixirs in the possession of even the very best attorneys for "exit / relief/ escape" --- let alone any who could or would represent you in a matter in the Dominican Republic. Don't waste one minute of your time (or any of your money) going one step down that worthless and unproductive (and expensive) rabbit hole of would-be "relief / exit / escape" scammers.

If it's a "vacation club", then you actually own nothing anyhow. Your membership will simply be terminated at some point after you stop paying --- it's certainly no skin off their nose since they will still keep whatever you have paid them to date. That money is now gone forever and you're not getting any of it back at any time for any reason --- period. Those are the simple facts; please don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

Duke P

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Melia
Thank you for the honesty. I have perfect credit and that is my biggest concern on doing that.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the honesty. I have perfect credit and that is my biggest concern on doing that.

I don't claim to know anything at all about the nature of any U.S presence by the associated business entities involved in this matter. It is conceivable (but not a certainty) that they might (temporarily) initiate collection efforts in the U.S. and perhaps later initiate a negative credit report after your inevitable default, but do you really want to pay any more money into an enterprise that is essentially worthless?

You of course have to make your own choice and decision, but if in your shoes I would pay not another penny and I would just take whatever (temporary) credit report "hit" (if any) might come thereafter . After all, these parasites will just keep all of your money paid to date anyhow. Frankly, I'd be willing to gamble that they'll be satisfied with that and just move on to sell to the next "lucky member" --- but I'm not you. I wish you luck in whatever course of action you choose, but IMO none of the options should include paying another penny into a worthless enterprise.

Last edited:

007dwb

Reaction score
Hey DP, Any updates? How did this turn out? Doing some research for a "friend" :(
Thanks