- Jun 8, 2005
- Reaction score
- Fort Worth, Texas
Medicare can be relatively cost free if one signs up for a Medicare Advantage Program. Many of these have tight networks and require referrals to see specialists. To maximize the benefits of Traditional Medicare where one can use any doctor or hospital accepting Medicare costs more. You need to buy a Medicare Supplement Policy and a Prescription Drug Program. Depending on your income this can be somewhat costly. You have it backward vis-a-vis Medicare and Medicaid. Medicare is Federal and Medicaid is State. Medicaid is inferior to Medicare. A major problem with Medicaid is that many Doctors will not accept Medicaid patients due to low reimbursement rates...Thank you.
So, as I understand this, you pay 1500 a month for health care? I assume you pay nothing when you qualify for Medicare at 65? So Medicare covers 80 percent of any health care cost and then you either pay the other 20 percent out of pocket or have added insurance? Medicare is state issued right? Medicaid is Federal? Do Medicaid get the same coverage as Medicare?