• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace Mazatlan

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, I’m tinkhing to book a 1br at mp Mazatlan, my question is if the distribution and limit of persons are the same that gm Nuevo Vallarta and if there is a stove top in the kitchen, tanks

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi, I’m tinkhing to book a 1br at mp Mazatlan, my question is if the distribution and limit of persons are the same that gm Nuevo Vallarta and if there is a stove top in the kitchen, tanks

Mayan Palace will be smaller square feet than Grand Mayan

Mayan Palace 1 bedroom suite are 750 square feet . ( approximately )

Has 2 burner stove top
Has small under counter fridge
+ ( microwave - toaster -blender - coffee maker)

1 bedroom usually has king bed
+ 2 mexican style sofa beds in living room ( 1 person each - ok for adults )
and mattress / trundle bed that slides under sofa bed ( ok for children / ninos )

Will likely have 1 complete bathroom and 1 additional separate sink area with mirror

RCI says 1 bedrooms = 5 people (MP or GM )
I believe Vidanta will say 6 since
both MP & GM have beds for 4 adults + 2 children

Last edited:

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks T-Dot, We usually book at El Cid (Moro tower) in Mazatlan with a family membership, but I would like to know another options. I saw some pictures at Vidanta.com, but could't see well the burner stove top

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Here are pictures from 2008. Mazatlan MP

They show the kitchen and master bedroom and one of the sofas. You can only stand on the deck. The beach is small for as many units that are there. One of the pools is heated - the smaller one off to the side by the tall Sea Garden units. The main pool was nice and not many people in it when we were there in February - it was cold.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks Pittle, your pictures show more details, I spect to visit Mazatlan next summer when the water is warm.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pittle, your pictures show more details, I spect to visit Mazatlan next summer when the water is warm.
The Pacific water off Mazatlan is NEVER particularly warm. I've stayed at MP Maz. They give exchangers lovely parking lot views. The place is landlocked by other resorts, and there are scant eateries within walking distance. Yes, buses are frequent, but when compared with the pool area and Zona Dorada location of El Cid, I'd prefer El Cid.

Jim

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I visited many times el Cid with my parents membership, but now my sisters pay the maintenance and enjoy the resort. My FAVC dosen't have a resort there, but I could get an ice cerificate to visit mp Maz. I would like to take my kids by car, there are nice views at the highway from Durango to Maz through the devil spine (big mountains).

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The Mazatlan Mayan Palace is a tower building that is the fartest away from the beach, pools and restaurants. The rooms are large but the kitchen is small. The deck is not really usable. There are views of the ocean only in about a third of the units. Exchangers like us get a nice room with a view of the lobby roof, lol.

Bill

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Have you thought about trading your FAVC through SFX? They take most resorts and have lots of places available. We have dropped II & RCI and use SFX when we do want to make an exchange. You could probably get into El Cid. If you are a member at Diamond level, a Studio will get you a 1-bedroom and a 1-bedroom will get you a 2-bedroom. The exchange fees are less than RCI & II.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I think Favc only work with Rci, but with corporative membership, I never use it, but I think favc decide the numers of points for size and season of the resort.
Favc also give us acces to a travel agency on line, here is where I can find very cheaps certificates for 1 week at vidanta but only for studios or 1 br, but for other resorts are not very good prices, except in las Vegas and Orlando.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe

I beg to differ with Jim. The ocean along both the Gold Zone and at Stone Island is warm enough to go swimming comfortably in late June, July, August, and early September. Just watch for the jellyfish warning signs!

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I just remember when I was about 12 a jellyfish touch my cheek in the sea of Mazatlan, it was so painful for a few hours. I only saw yellyfish in Mazatlan and Manzanillo, but I imagine there are in many beaches.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Have you thought about trading your FAVC through SFX? They take most resorts and have lots of places available. We have dropped II & RCI and use SFX when we do want to make an exchange. You could probably get into El Cid. If you are a member at Diamond level, a Studio will get you a 1-bedroom and a 1-bedroom will get you a 2-bedroom. The exchange fees are less than RCI & II.
Anybody know which resorts can trade through SFX without mention Vidanta?

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks pittle, may be I did't well may question, I mean which resorts let you drop your points in SFX?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
With SFX, you make a reservation at your home resort and then deposit that reservation with SFX. I only have weeks resorts, but if you make a week reservation at your resort (using the appropriate amount of points) and deposit it, then you can request a week where you want to go.

I choose a red week from PBEB in Mazatlan for a reservation for our 1-bed 2-bath unit. Then I contact SFX to deposit it with SFX and because I have Diamond Membership, I can request a 2 bedroom where I want to go and pay $149 for that week.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Ok, this is new for me, actualy I opened a free SFX Diamond Membership last year, but never use it, so if I make a red week reservation for 1br in FAVC with my name, I can request a 2 br Vidanta resort and pay $149 for the week.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Ok, this is new for me, actually I opened a free SFX Diamond Membership last year, but never use it, so if I make a red week reservation for 1br in FAVC with my name, I can request a 2 br Vidanta resort and pay $149 for the week.
Yes + the $75 that Vidanta charges for the transportation, WIFI, gym, etc. It is per reservation when you get there - not per person or unit size like RCI & II have had over the years.

That free Diamond may have been a trial. The regular membership is free.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks Pittle, do you have any idea how hard would be to get a 2br gl nv in July?

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Yes + the $75 that Vidanta charges for the transportation, WIFI, gym, etc. It is per reservation when you get there - not per person or unit size like RCI & II have had over the years.

That free Diamond may have been a trial. The regular membership is free.
Isn't there an additional "premium" charge of $249 (or maybe it was $299) to trade into GL or has that been dropped?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Isn't there an additional "premium" charge of $249 (or maybe it was $299) to trade into GL or has that been dropped?

That fee is still there; I think they call it a luxury upgrade fee. Don’t know if there are any resorts they don’t charge it for.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Yes - I edited my other post that the $75 is for MP, GM, & GB. The OP was first asking about MP Mazatlan and has now progressed to GL. Kind of like those of us who bought years ago that keep upgrading. :) Our first Mayan World was a Sea Garden and now we are Grand Luxxe 20 years later.

I am not sure about reservation opportunities in July. You would just have to call SFX and ask.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
My window only let me watch mp Mazatlan, there are weeks until Dic 2021. Nv and rm were blocked, I hope they will open it again :(

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
My window only let me watch mp Mazatlan, there are weeks until Dic 2021. Nv and rm were blocked, I hope they will open it again :(
what site are you looking at? or is this through your ownership in Vidanta?