• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan Cabo Opening?

ValDar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an anticipated opening date for this property? Am looking for any current information on the status of this property. I have a certificate that is good for an exchange into a Mayan Palace, but this location is too new to be listed, and am trying to figure out if it will be open before the certificate expires in May 07. Thanks!
(PS When I called the issuer of the certificate they had no information and no idea)

Sponge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Took the tour of this property last month and they said that Nov/06 is the scheduled opening date. I don't see how they will make this date. But the closer assured me that they will be working 7 days a week 24 hours a day!!!! But that was his spin. Enjoyed the $300.00 U.S. greatly.

Cheryl17

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please tell us about the plans

Sponge said:
Took the tour of this property last month...

Did the salesperson mention the Mayan Regency? During our Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta sales presentation in November, the salesperson said that the Mayan Regency units would be more upscale than the Mayan Palace but less luxurious than the Grand Mayan. However, at the time of our presentation, these units weren't officially being sold yet so the info. was limited. Do you know which type of units (Grand Mayan vs Mayan Palace, etc) are currently being built at the Los Cabos location? Also, is the plan to build the Mayan Palace directly next to the Grand Mayan (i.e. walking distance) with one pool area or will they have separate amenities? Thank you in advance for any info. you can provide.

Cheryl

Last edited:

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Mayan

Cheryl17 said:
Do you know which type of units (Grand Mayan vs Mayan Palace, etc) are currently being built at the Los Cabos location? Also, is the plan to build the Mayan Palace directly next to the Grand Mayan (i.e. walking distance) with one pool area or will they have separate amenities? Thank you in advance for any info. you can provide.

Cheryl

Cheryl,
The Grand is built first. I don't know where the Mayan Palace is being built, but I would think they would be side by side as the other resorts are.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I was told by some other owners just this week that the MP is not on the same property as the Grand in Cabo. The MP has not been started yet and they say the Grand will be finished in Nov, but a guy here at the MP ACA says that he thinks next March at the earliest.

Regency is like the newer units at the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya - same layout as the MP, but nicer.