• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maya Riviera/Cancun Pictures

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I loaded all my pictures to Kodak Gallery. There are several pictures of the Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan, Cozumel, Chichen Itza, Xcaret,and Royal Mayan. I took these on our 2 week vacation there on 9/24 - 10/08/2005. Anybody that is interested is welcome to view them. Just send me your e-mail address and I will add you to the share list.

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
John,

I sent you my email. If you didn't get it please let me know.

Thanks,
Susan
(rsonc- tug member)

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
John,

What great pictures. I love the Mayan Palace. do they offer a meal plan or an all inclusive package?

Was this the one that you got with SFX?

Which Camera did you use, it took great pictures. We are looking for a new digital camera for our trip to Puerto Vallarta on Friday (Cant wait!!! :D )

TIA,
Susan

Last edited:

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
rsonc said:
John,

What great pictures. I love the Mayan Palace. do they offer a meal plan or an all inclusive package?

Was this the one that you got with SFX?

Which Camera did you use, it took great pictures. We are looking for a new digital camera for our trip to Puerto Vallarta on Friday (Cant wait!!! :D )

TIA,
Susan

Susan,

Yes, that was the week I got with SFX. I have 2 consecutive weeks booked at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta for next April that I also got with SFX. I do not believe that the Mayan Palace has a meal plan or All Inclusive package. It is not really necessary as there are good restaurants at the resort and it is a cashless resort so you never have to carry any money with you. The tip is always included.

I used the Canon Powershot S2 IS digital camera that I bought in August. It is the highest rated camera in its category. The 12X zoom with image stabilization is fantastic. The camera is not small so it won't fit in a pocket. The best place to buy it is on-line but if you are leaving this Friday then you really don't have time. The camera runs about $479 in Circuit City and other like stores. It may be cheaper at Costco or Sam's Club. The advantage to buying on-line is that the price is cheaper and there is no sales tax at most of the vendors depending where you live. You will also need to get a larger SD flash memory card. I have 2 SanDisk Ultra II SD 512 MB memory cards. Make sure that they are Secure Digital 'SD' cards. One of my memory cards holds about 400 pictures. The Ultra II is a faster card which I recommend. There are other makes that are cheaper than SanDisk. The other thing that you will need are rechargeable batteries and a charger.

E-mail me if you have any questions. If I don't hear from you before Friday, have a great and safe trip.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
John

I would love to see your pictures. We are going for 2 weeks in Feb. Thanks.

Lynn

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks John. Great pictures! I can't wait to go in Feb.

Lynn :)

Patricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also send you an email....

Hello John:

I also sent you an email.

(my sister is there right now; but she doesn't own a digital camera.
also, she has told us many of the hotels are laying off staff, just not
enough tourists right now. So sad....)

Thanks John, for all your help. You are a great Tugger !!! :)

Regards,
PatriciaYou are a great Tugger !!!!!

Patricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
oops, I meant to say John Cummings is a great Tugger

Hi again,

Opps, I highlighted (in orange) the wrong line....

In my previous post, it looks like I am a great Tugger.

But of course, I meant to say that John Cummings is a great Tugger.

Sorry about that, and John, thanks again for all your pictures from
Mexico!!

Regards,
Patricia