• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Max Offer

Eileen A.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some advice. I have 51,500 in Diamond Points made up of two deeds and US Collection points.
Hilton offering to see us 2,500 Max points at $4 each. We then would have 54,000 and be Premier +

We don't have to buy now. We can buy a one time Hilton Point Trial for $1695 giving us approx. 11,000 Hilton Points
to try. They will freeze point price for 1.5 years. No timeframe to use the 11,000 points.

What can you get for 11,000 pts? Worth $1695?

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Eileen

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
In general, I don't think much of HGVMax and especially with the high MFs for DRI. If you already have Platinum Status with your 51,500 DRI points, then, it is an even worse deal because you are actually shortening your reservation window from 13 months to 6 months. Could 11,000 points be worth $1,695? Well, if you have a one-time special occasion where you want to have either multiple units or a larger unit, then it might be helpful and not oblige you for ongoing MFs for the points. However, with your current ownership of 51,500 points you could always borrow from future years if you are short, so again, HGVMax not worth it.

If you want to try the HGVC --or any other resorts -- then you may want to create a listing on TUGs Direct Exchange board and offer to book an attractive DRI resort, especially Cabo Azul. Cabo Azul is DRI's nicest resort and has very good availability when booked far in advance. I have arranged for a couple of direct trades with fellow TUG members for Cabo Azul in exchange for HGVC in Hawaii. I also recently completed a direct exchange into Marriott Newport Coast for DRI Cabo Azul. Actually, I initiated both of these by DMing people who were concerned about limited availability for Cabo Azul on exchanges.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Almost every DRI Member that I have spoken with do not see any value in MAX.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In general, I don't think much of HGVMax and especially with the high MFs for DRI. If you already have Platinum Status with your 51,500 DRI points, then, it is an even worse deal because you are actually shortening your reservation window from 13 months to 6 months.
I don't think you are shortening your booking window. You can still use your points or DRI ownership to book as you always have, even if you "upgrade" to Max.

blb47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some advice. I have 51,500 in Diamond Points made up of two deeds and US Collection points.
Hilton offering to see us 2,500 Max points at $4 each. We then would have 54,000 and be Premier +

We don't have to buy now. We can buy a one time Hilton Point Trial for $1695 giving us approx. 11,000 Hilton Points
to try. They will freeze point price for 1.5 years. No timeframe to use the 11,000 points.

What can you get for 11,000 pts? Worth $1695?

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Eileen
Wow.. we had the worst presentation ever ! It was with Hilton .. I was so upset I can’t remember anything., our first one with Max was in Sept we( 6 months ago was great we didn’t buy) we’re Diamond resorts,, Hawaii collection .. the first one was low pressur just like they said.. I join Tug again just to find out how everyone else was feeling about the pressure to buy in to Hilton. my Husband said similar offer but it was off the table when we left..never to be offered again .. we don’t plan I buying into Hilton we’re happy with what we have , thanks Becky

FunnyFarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point @ Poipu, Lawai Beach Resort, MROP/VRI, Worldmark
Don't buy a sampler.
spent $2500 for 20000 diamond sampler/trial points.
We found availability poor.
Even though regular points have plenty of availability, they only have room if they have a presentation slot at that resort.
You have to do a presentation at every reservation/stay.
We have two reservations now and they are for Hampton Inn and suites near the actual resort rather than the resort itself, no choice.
Some of the of the best resorts listed on our sheet are actually blocked out completely and were just phony.
Such as Tahoe and Cabo Azul
We have 4-5000 points that will have to go unused.