• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui to the Big Island

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Any advice on the best way to get from Maui to the Big Island. I'd like to go by water...

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
"There is no passenger ferry service. How do you travel between Maui and the Big Island? You must fly. There is no passenger ferry service. "

You could always swim.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
"There is no passenger ferry service. How do you travel between Maui and the Big Island? You must fly. There is no passenger ferry service. "

You could always swim.
Thanks Luanne. That's a bummer.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani

You could always swim.

My husband does ocean swims with a group when we go to Maui-there’s a guy who swims with them who has done the swim between each island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks Luanne. That's a bummer.
You might also be able to charter a boat to take you, but I'm guessing that would be quite expensive.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to me there are some cruise lines (NCL?) that stop at various islands from the mainland, but I don't think you can just book the inter-island bits.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Mokulele airlines is almost like taking a sightseeing flight- 9 seater planes - no tsa as they are not in the terminal proper, but next to it.

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard of taking the cruise line around the islands then getting off in Hilo and getting on the next day in Kona. Or vice-versa can't remember which was the first stop. I remember reading it in a murder mystery! But the more I think about it I remember meeting a real estate investor while having lunch in Hilo that used the method to check on his investments while enjoying a nice ocean cruise. Sounds good!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk