• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Schooner Reservations

mlpmd56

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Has anyone else talked with Trading Places to make their 2013 reservation yet? Wow, will NOT give me a unit number, just A or B building. I asked if this was because of the remodel. Answer, "No, we will no longer give you a unit number as you may need to be moved." Any idea what this is about? I of course would not be thrilled if I got moved from my assigned unit, but would understand if there were maintenance issues, etc. I DO NOT want to be on the ground floor. And I know some folks with mobility issues DO want to be on the ground floor.
Any ideas here on what is going on? Also, she was not the friendliest.....which is also a change.
Marcy

barefootnAR

Reaction score
hummm..the remodeling is the only thing that makes sense. We haven't made reservations for '13 yet but will be doing so soon.
By the way the new remodel unit our friends saw in Oct looked great.

RSchwartz

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Banked a unit with TPI in mid 2011' asking for a Maui TS for late March or early April, 2013. Banked another unit with them this past December and asked how my 2013 request was coming. They responded that they had no such request but the did have my earlier banking. This is the second time this happened to me in the past 5 years with TPI. They always come through but sometimes you have to wonder about their process.

Glad to hear they came through for you even though you do not have a confirmed room. Knowing that you have accommodations this far out allows you to make airline reservations without having concerns if you have a place to stay. Makes me a bit jealous.

When are you going in 2013?

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
TPI has always told me that they only accept requests 1 year in advance, so depending on which month of 2013 you wanted to request, that would not be possible at that early date.

barefootnAR

Reaction score
Marcy and I are owners at the Maui Schooner. In the last few years the board and TPI, which is our management company had a policy that when we made our owners reservations(18 mo out) at the MS we could request building and room. We aren't trying to trade in, just going through our management company to make our yearly reservations.
Now we can't request a specific room or so March was told. However we are have extensive updating going on at the resort. This is room by room. Thus, the question, "Is this because of the remodel?" TPI answered,"No".
We are stumped. So either the policy has changed or TPI rep just didn't know.

mlpmd56

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes as Barefoot said, we are owners and can make our reservations up to 18 months ahead. I was trying to get 4th of July week, just because it is a high value week in case I want to trade it later......Generally I go in November, and if I decide to go then, I will reschedule for it in May 2012. That has always been one of the things I have LOVED about the Schooner. I am really organized and get my reservations in very early so therefore get the unit I want. I am hoping this isn't some shift in taking care of their owners. TPI has not been good to me either--have NEVER been able to use a bonus certificate when I have gotten one. Very unco-operative with anything unusual. In general though, since I call really early, in the past they have cheerfully made my reservations at the Schooner since it is my home resort. Hopefully this is just because of the remodel and the reservation agent was clueless.
Marcy

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try this technique with any of the clueless types not only for timeshares: Call back in a few minutes and you probably won't get the same agent.

It has worked for me numerous times with airlines, with car rentals, with insurance companies, with phone company, you name it.

You probably got someone who had worked there for a week.

Sterling