• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui local art/jewlery shops?

KewZee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Harbour
Hi,

We’re currently in Maui right now at Lahaina... and I feel like the shops have changed since we last came here 5 years ago - before it was full of local artists, but now it’s half filled with touristy jewelry shops.

Does anyone have any recommendation for where to go for local art and jewelry? Also looking for a good shop for Koa wood pieces.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
We are big fans of the Shari Reeve Gallery in Makawao. There is also a lovely shop around the corner that carries craft pieces including handwoven scarves and wood pieces. I believe its called Maui Hands. There are other little galleries but I don't know their names. Very "old Hawaii." We always visit Makawao when we're in Maui.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We are big fans of the Shari Reeve Gallery in Makawao. There is also a lovely shop around the corner that carries craft pieces including handwoven scarves and wood pieces. I believe its called Maui Hands. There are other little galleries but I don't know their names. Very "old Hawaii." We always visit Makawao when we're in Maui.
I'm not sure if that is the same gallery I was thinking of, but I agree that you can find some lovely things in Makawao.

KewZee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Harbour
Wonderful! Will check out Makawao today. Thank you everyone!!!

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Don't forget to check the booths under the banyan tree on the weekends.
Are they back? If we're thinking of the same group, their last year under the Banyan tree was 2018, as their permits were not renewed. They moved, but I can't recall where. Possibly the Safeway parking lot near the OLL?

There's another craft fair every Sunday in Lahaina: https://mauigiftandcraftfair.com/location&-directions

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I spent way too much at Maui Hands gallery. I think they have expanded their "empire" and now have other island locations. But their biggest location is Front St. in Lahaina.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
My wife's favorite jewelry store used to be in Whalers Village, but they closed in 2017 or early 2018. She was pretty upset, and even though we heard a rumor that they were now on Front Street, we couldn't find them. They had a large selection, and prices were very reasonable.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I know I spent way too much at Maui Hands gallery. I think they have expanded their "empire" and now have other island locations. But their biggest location is Front St. in Lahaina.
I think Maui Hands in Makawao is the gallery I was thinking of.

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you enjoy a good local coffee, stop by Sip Me cafe on the main drag in Makawao.

KewZee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Harbour
Lots of mention of Maui Hands... just wanted to provide an indulgent update to say we bought from them 2 koa pieces (a layered paddle plus a canoe) + some local jewelry. Very happy with our purchases. :)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi,

We’re currently in Maui right now at Lahaina... and I feel like the shops have changed since we last came here 5 years ago - before it was full of local artists, but now it’s half filled with touristy jewelry shops.

Does anyone have any recommendation for where to go for local art and jewelry? Also looking for a good shop for Koa wood pieces.

Thanks!

There are locals doing carvings and art at and around the Honolua Bay area. Little stands at Honolua look out on the Honopoli Hwy and a guy with all kinds of carvings at the bay end of the Honolua Bay Trail.

Bill